• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX is out. HSC will come...next year...

This is an article of todays daily newspaper "The Telegraaf".

It says that production of the NSX stops this summer and production of the HSC starts in 2006:

Attachments

• Artkel HSC.jpg
    Artkel HSC.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 3,492
translate it please :biggrin:

/Stef

yes! :biggrin: I PROMISE, if this car is built I will get the first one. I have already spoken to our factory rep's- a favor will be perfomed :biggrin: :wink:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
yes! :biggrin: I PROMISE, if this car is built I will get the first one. I have already spoken to our factory rep's- a favor will be perfomed :biggrin: :wink:

Would this favor involve knee pads? Or are talking about something else here? :biggrin:

White92 said:
Would this favor involve knee pads? Or are talking about something else here? :biggrin:

love it :rolleyes:

S|b said:
translate it please :biggrin:

/Stef
In short:

The production of the NSX will stop this summer (2005). In 1991 Honda showed that it could also produce supercars for public roads, besides the successes made on track with the legendary Ayrton Senna.
The NSX was a class on itself but buyers were hard to find. The most productive year, with 4,500 cars sold, was 1991. Overall 19,000 NSX's were sold world wide. The past years only a few hundreds left the factory. So Honda was forced to move the production to the Suzuka factory. Most of the NSX's were sold with an ACURA badge (North America) and not with a HONDA one. Acura is an luxury brand like Lexus is for Toyota.
The concept car as shown at the Tokia Motor Show in 2003 will be the replacement of the current NSX and will be produced with only a few changes. This means it will be shorter and lower than the NSX and will have a 300 HP V6. Th HSC will be sold at the end of 2006 :wink:

Last edited:
Gerard van Santen said:
In short:

The production of the NSX will stop this summer (2005). In 1991 Honda showed that it could also produce supercars for public roads, besides the successes made on track with the legendary Ayrton Senna.
The NSX was a class on itself but buyers were hard to find. The most productive year, with 4,500 cars sold, was 1991. Overall 19,000 NSX's were sold world wide. The past years only a few hundreds left the factory. So Honda was forced to move the production to the Suzuka factory. Most of the NSX's were sold with an ACURA badge (North America) and not with a HONDA one. Acura is an luxury brand like Lexus is for Toyota.
The concept car as shown at the Tokia Motor Show in 2003 will be the replacement of the current NSX and will be produced with only a few changes. This means it will be shorter and lower than the NSX and will have a 300 HP V6. Th HSC will be sold at the end of 2006 :wink:

Only 300HP??? :frown:

Then don't bother :rolleyes: Let's be realistic here.....The marketing could have been much better for the current NSX and sales have been OK, to say the least. Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, etc. all sell their cars by people wanting recognizable brand names, Honda not being one of them. If Honda wants to be noticed (as they are capable of), they need to produce a Ferrari killer, not some 300hp lame duck.
Does this happen? I'm really interested in the new Lambo Gallardo, but I really need to check out the 300hp HSC first. To be noticed and actually sell some cars (I'm not talking the few cars that Prime members might buy), Honda needs to build a supercar that rocks the world, period.

BTW, It's nice that the current NSX holds it's own on the track, but the world looks at performance statistics to purchase cars. I don't see any publication showing how well cars compete against each other on track.

I'm with you Anytime.

And since the phillosophy of honda is small engines, i don't expect some serious HP numbers to come. Probably the HSC will be really good on the track, but it will always be followed for its low hp numbers, just as the NSX now.

How much i like honda for their techniques and reliability, my next exotic will be of italian origin, thats offcourse if i will be in the financial position.

DutchBlackNsx said:
I'm with you Anytime.
How much i like honda for their techniques and reliability, my next exotic will be of italian origin, thats offcourse if i will be in the financial position.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

So they do away with a great name like NSX for this new exotic, and only give it 10 more HP than the car designed 15 years ago? This is quite a dissappointment.

:confused: DutchblackFerrari?

You must be kiddin' ... your next sportscar an Italian?

Don't go with the flow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

300hp? Ok, if they price it 55k it could even sell well with the HSC look...

And to be competitive in the 90k market? That is anyway impossible, even at 450hp... :( ... the brand is way too impirtant to create real sales in that price bracket.

IMHO...personally, I'd rather have a 300HP HSC, over a 500HP Ferrari (been there, done that). The thing some of us forget is that these new cars are becoming a numbers game. More HP, more technology, more acronyms, more weight... I've owned many supercars (short of Enzo league), and I keep coming back to my beloved NSX. Nothing else makes me feel like a better driver than I actually am. All day long it functions like genuine Honda should (that's a good thing :), and then barks into a scream when I get it into VTEC. It never steps out on me, and takes everyday sweeping exits without constantly teach my ass new pucker techniques, like my P cars did, or my F cars did, or... While those cars are exhilarating, its was an exhilaration like I just escaped a life-and-death experience, as opposed the JOY of powersliding my NSX through a corner. Face it, some things are exhilarating because they are dangerous. The NSX delivers all that sex, without none of the fear and expense of HIV.

Wait for it.

The HSC will arrive with 300 of the most delicious HP delivery you ever experienced. It's nominal 34C will make you forget all about the Ferrari's 38DD driving by.

Honda didn't raise no fools...wait for it.

Do you think the lotus forums are all pissy because they don't have 200+ hp? Maybe Honda will have some trick weight saving techniques to make 300 hp all you can handle. :cool:

comquat1 said:
Do you think the lotus forums are all pissy because they don't have 200+ hp? Maybe Honda will have some trick weight saving techniques to make 300 hp all you can handle. :cool:

Interesting you bring up the Elise/Exige since they do not want to be a luxurious sports car as the NSX and its successor are supposed to be.

There is no way to squeeze down the weight of a possible 300hp HSC with a confortable interior/luxury to be competitivie against a F430 and still be prived below 200k$. :confused:

gheba_nsx said:
Interesting you bring up the Elise/Exige since they do not want to be a luxurious sports car as the NSX and its successor are supposed to be.

There is no way to squeeze down the weight of a possible 300hp HSC with a confortable interior/luxury to be competitivie against a F430 and still be prived below 200k$. :confused:

Maybe they can do it with all the carbon fiber in the world. :wink:

I highly doubt the HSC will only have 300hp from the factory. Remember these are still rumors. IMO I think Honda has something up there sleeves that will surprise many people.

Interesting. Either way, if Honda does come out with another NSX or this HSC, I'm very confident it will have more than 300HP. Could it be more than 350HP? I don't know. The current SOHC 3.5L RL engine already is making 300HP and 260 lb ft torque, I can't see them putting that same engine in the HSC. More than likely if they use the same J35 as a base, they will add DOHC to it, and with the better bottom end materials and higher compression, and i-VTEC vs the SOHC J35 RL engine it should make at least around 350HP. I still keep hearing people at the dealership talking about Honda developing a V8. They say it is still unconfirmed so that makes it a rumor still, but when you think about the direction Honda is going and all the other rumors it makes possible sense. The Ridgeling truck will only survive for a year or two with a V6. Sooner or later they will need a V8 for that truck. Dealerships rumors is that the V8 in developement will go into the Honda/Acura SUV and trucks like the Ridgeline, MDX and such. Honda also rumored they wanted to build an upscale V8 luxury car to compete with cars like the Lexus LS430. This might be another reason why the RL hasn't really grown in size compared to the old RL and in fact may have lost usable room, and also why they are content with a V6 in that car. If any of these rumors turn out to be true, I can see a V8 in the HSC. Obviously these are still rumors and I wouldn't be money on it, but I'm starting to believe at least some of them.

Back