• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Lasik - New look teaser

Being a guy who likes to tinker, great kudo's for doing something different. If I were to do a headlight swap though I would have gone for the new Lambo LP560 headlights instead ~ now that would be cool but I'm sure they cost a fortune to get vs. Celica :)

To be 100% honest, I really like your original car's front end! Too bad that overhang prevented you from dropping the car as the NSX really needs a nice drop to give it the stance. This is one reason I'm not installing any body kit or lip on my car as I like it slammed and I still have reasonable ground clearance.

btw, your car's front end is NOT that low....judging by pics I think my front is about 2" lower than yours!!!!

rk

Oh my... I love the headlights. Big props to you man.. Looking great.

You're scaring me though, I just got the MH bumper and I'm lowered like atleast 2.5 inches (front bumper doesn't scrape at all). I know I have to raise my car up a little to accomodate the MH bumper, but you're scraping in stock height??? I can't drive stock height. :D

Would love to see your close-up pic of your ground clearance, post it up if you have any.. I agree with S4Play, from the photos, you still have lots of room for lowering.

And oh... I hope you don't mind but I'd like to show this pic to you. They are brackets that came in with my MH bumper. Did you use these?

MH-bracket.jpg

Thanks a lot. And again. LOOKING GREAT!

niM

No offense, but you just put TOYOTA CELICA headlights on an NSX.

I am pretty sure this violates some sort of ethics code NSX owners have.

The NSX is known for its all-aluminum body. Now, that body is more fiberglass, bondo, etc.

:frown:

1+ :frown: Please put the 02 headlights on and an 02 hood and be done with it. Ugh sorry man it gave me chills seeing you cut your car up like that! :eek:

1+ :frown: Please put the 02 headlights on and an 02 hood and be done with it. Ugh sorry man it gave me chills seeing you cut your car up like that! :eek:

+1. PLEASE PUT THE CAR BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL FORM. I've always been a believer of "to each his own" but...this one hurts me to see what is being done.

Theres always gonna be people that hate. i like it and im doing it on my car so good for u for doing something different. people hack up there cars all the time this is just the hood and bumper or tryin to put 02 bumpers on older cars which isnt right either. id like to see more picks so please post and dont let some people discourage u and post some under the hood pics.

Last edited:
CIMG01231024x768.jpg

Man the car looks great like this... And again I can't believe you cut up a marga hills bumper! haha I can understand an OEM one (maybe?) but isn't marga hills hard to come by? :confused:

I truly appreciate both sides of the argument. The NSX is a work of art and was ahead of its time. In stock form it is a beautiful car and can hold its own against cars of present. NSX-R spec is a showcase of factory greatness and Honda craftsmanship...always a treat to see. But the NSX still can be improved upon...Hence aftermarket goodies. Dont start telling me a turbo or supercharged NSX wasn't meant to be...

I really admire the cars who went the OEM route and built NSX-R spec replicas. I love the many NSX-R variants built elegantly by some member's here.

However, I also can appreciate those who went totally custom or aftermarket with their NSX's...Come on, we all are car enthusiasts here. If you can't admire the work of someone like VROOOM or KANE(and a couple others), who've put much workmanship in their custom NSXs, then you're prolly kidding yourself.

I've always admired the JGTC/GT spec NSXs and you can see the influence of that in my build.

I believe the my front end only enhances the the lines of the NSX...The lights actually line up quite nicely and have a nice OEM look. Brings the car up to date if you ask me. Toyota lights they are, but the similarities end there, unless you need your goggles checked.

As for chopping up a Marga Hills bumper...It was broken anyways. I was getting sick of looking at the masking tape covering the few big cracks. Yes, its a rare piece, but I'm improving it by deleting the bumper lights, that I was not really diggin. Also, it looks more like an 02-05 bumper without those lights either. I'm also gaining drivablilty by chopping the lower lip off.

nimdivino- I don't know what those brackets were for, but I'm pretty sure that we didn't use them...I recall the installer telling me that he pretty much made his own brackets to get the best fit.

I'm having fun with the build no doubt...and will leave a pic of the new wheels for you critics. (warning!! if you weren't ready for my headlights, then you will definitely will not be ready for these)...Custom fit, one-off painted 19x8.5 fr and 19x10.5 rr PIAA Super Rozza w/ six inch rear lip.

CIMG1976.jpg

I wasn't feeling the hyperchrome finish with the Platium Pearl White paintjob on the NSX. As you can see, I was really on the fence when deciding to paint the wheels white or black to match the car better.

Thanks for looking. EAD

Last edited:
Here's a teaser of what should be finished in a few weeks.

I was inspired by a Sorcery conversion I saw a while back on a widebody with celica headlights. My urge to do the 02-05 fixed headlight look but also something unique led to this.

Here's what I started with last week...

IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l220/Angelcity1krr/CIMG3970.jpg[/IMG]

More pics to come when its finished...

I like the look and had even considered them for my widebody concept...however....on the Celica they sit on the edge and therefore wrap around and down the side of the fender.. Placing them inside the fender creates a low spot where they meet the hood at the top of the headlamp or a buldge in the hood leading up to the headlamp... Hope you can make them work.

Last edited:
I think it would look better if those lights didn't look like they have been sitting in a junk yard for a few years getting all faded.....

I think it would look better if those lights didn't look like they have been sitting in a junk yard for a few years getting all faded.....

i can't wait to see the final product, and the faded headlights can easily be repolished back with headlamp polish.

Oh my... I love the headlights. Big props to you man.. Looking great.

You're scaring me though, I just got the MH bumper and I'm lowered like atleast 2.5 inches (front bumper doesn't scrape at all). I know I have to raise my car up a little to accomodate the MH bumper, but you're scraping in stock height??? I can't drive stock height. :D

Would love to see your close-up pic of your ground clearance, post it up if you have any.. I agree with S4Play, from the photos, you still have lots of room for lowering.

And oh... I hope you don't mind but I'd like to show this pic to you. They are brackets that came in with my MH bumper. Did you use these?

MH-bracket.jpg

Thanks a lot. And again. LOOKING GREAT!

niM

When I had the MH bumper, the previous owner did the conversion and it had the brackets in your pic. I think you must use these to maintain the stability of the bumper under high speeds and driveways.

Jeff

Completed the carbon splitter/undertray. I can finally lower the NSX now. I gained almost three inches of clearance up front!!

Headed to the paintbooth soon...I'm sticking with the Platinum Pearl White for now, despite some excellent suggestions i've gotten for a color change.

There's a gap along the hoodline because the upper fasteners on the bumper are not in place.

The faded headlights are only for mockup :redface:, ...dont want to ruin new projectors during the build. these probably can be repolished, but I prefer new ones.

CIMG4189.jpg

Paint/wheels/interior are next...

Celica headlights on an nsx look good with the right mods:

030.jpg

The car with the Celica lights looks much more aggressive than the car running a similar kit, with OEM 2002 lights.
That's not Celica light, the car used to have Celica light, but the owner didn't like it and changed to something else. Those are different housing with Nissan Cima(Infiniti Q45) lens retro fit.

this is how it used to be
salon053.jpg

Last edited:
project looks great. any more pictures from different angles?

That's not Celica light, the car used to have Celica light, but the owner didn't like it and changed to something else. Those are different housing with Nissan Cima(Infiniti Q45) lens retro fit.

this is how it used to be
salon053.jpg
That looks even more amazing! I freaking love this conversion.Judging by the way the headlights go,I think Infiniti g37 headlights would work also.And they are also pretty aggressive looking.Major props for thinking outside the box and not just going with an 02+ conversion.

Keep us updated please.I love custom work.

Back