• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX owner now looking for S2000

After owning an NSX for 4 years and enjoying every single second of it and gaining tons of knowledge from NSX Prime, I am now looking to get an S2000. I am new to Honda S2000s so I am hoping for any advice anyone can offer in terms of what problems to look for, what to ask, etc. when looking at S2000s.

Basically, I'm looking for the same type of list as I have for NSXs (e.g., the windshield stripping shrinking, snap ring problem, window regulators, etc etc.). Is there a similar list for the S2000?

By the way, I am thinking of a 2003 or 2004 since they finally came in white with tan interior in those years. It has to be white to match my NSX :)

Thanks in advance for any help,
John.

Thanks as always for the excellent replies. You saved me tons of time trying to locate info on the S2000. Now I'm ready to go find my NSX's friend.

Awesome pic of your NSX and S2000!

I would opt for the 2004 because you get the following: 17"wheels, stronger differential (weak spot on 2000-2003 modles), stronger trans., updated suspension (softened rear spring rate for less "snap oversteer"), 2.2 engine (more torque) and a nicer interior. I had a choice on a brand new 2003 leftover (much cheaper than the 2004) and a 2004. I drove the 2 back 2 back and I was suprised at the difference. The 2004 wins my vote hands down.

Psychobiology said:
I think getting an S2000 to match your NSX is a great idea. I recently did this myself :biggrin: .

I did the same thing.....Grand Prix White NSX....Grand Prix White S2000....perfect matched pair. :D

brandonson said:
I would opt for the 2004 because you get the following: 17"wheels, stronger differential (weak spot on 2000-2003 modles), stronger trans., updated suspension (softened rear spring rate for less "snap oversteer"), 2.2 engine (more torque) and a nicer interior. I had a choice on a brand new 2003 leftover (much cheaper than the 2004) and a 2004. I drove the 2 back 2 back and I was suprised at the difference. The 2004 wins my vote hands down.

All of this is very true. However, I actually really preferred the 2.0L motor and it's stiffer suspension. IMO, the newer car is a better every day car but isn't quite as exciting or visceral to drive. Only once (A/C blasting, both of us in the car, trunk full for a long weekend) did I think the old "gutless" motor really needed more torque and I prefered the more hardcore nature of the higher redline, stiffer suspension and lighter, 16" wheels.

But the American buying public disagreed.

Where are you located innsxtc? I have an '04 White/Tan that Im selling. Im near Orlando, FL. PM me for details if youre interested. :smile:

Back