• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX parts production feeler - looking for input from all Primers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a connection with a company that produces aftermarket performance products (and some OEM replacement parts) for imports and some prestige brands as well. The company has been in business for many years, and isn't going anywhere in the future (they keep expanding actually). Anyway, I was speaking with the one owner about NSXs and he expressed an interest in producing parts for the car, even though the market is pretty small.

He wanted me to come back to the NSX community and ask you guys some questions in order to get a feel for things, so here goes:

- are there any discontinued parts that you'd like to see made once again?
- are there any currently-made parts that you feel should not cost as much as they do?
- are there any parts that manufacturers currently have a monopoly on, where you think some competition might be good for consumers?
- are there any existing parts that you'd like to see improvements made on?
- are there any parts that don't exist that you'd like to see created?
- are there any parts being made that you'd like to see made using different materials (say aluminum or titanium or CF or whatever instead of something else)?
- are there any issues with parts availability (taking too long, always backordered, never available, discontinued, etc) and/or customer service that you think should be addressed?
- what are the most important things you look for when buying parts (cost, quality, warranty, customer service, pricing, tech support, specific knowledge, availability, etc)?

These questions are simply a quick guideline to get everyone thinking. He is open to hearing whatever we have to say and is looking for any feedback that the community has with regards to aftermarket parts production and availability. No suggestion is dumb and please think of/mention everything you can. The more I have to take to him, the better.

Based on what we tell him, and obviously potential numbers involved for specific things, we'll see where this goes. Some parts will be coming, that's for sure, but it obviously can't be guaranteed that everything we say will be done right away. As I mentioned, he's very keen to enter the NSX marketplace and if we can get the groundwork done within the next couple of months so he can see where things are at, he will begin this in the new year.

If you're tired of paying NSX Tax and stuff not being available, here's our chance to perhaps change that to some degree...

Thanks in advance for the input/feedback.

Let me be the first. Reasonably priced OEM quality center consoles cut out for DUAL or Single DIN stereo, options for CF also. Interior panels in CF.

new NSX aftermarket products

A two piece , non cracking , good fitting center console joined in the ash tray area to accept alternate radios . Possibly replacing the ash tray with a storage pocket suitable for wallet , glasses , garage door remote etc . A plug in module for early NSX models for keyless entry with out butchering the wiring loom . Sun visors that are actually functional and swing and slide to cover the side window . Present aftermarket suppliers have prices as hard to justify as Acura's . Wow , I feel better now .

Last edited:
Original spec front lip from 91-96. The new version 1997+ is virtually unworkable if you are lowered. You'd sell hundreds of these. Agree with the sun visors and center console. In fact, most of the interior parts are either discontinued (especially for the 91-94 coupes) or $$$$$$. There has to be a way to make them cheaper.

Edit- I'd love to see front brake brackets that permit using the 2002+ wheels on a 1991-1996 without a spacer.

Last edited:
I could use some of those little plastic inserts and the metal oval clips from the flip up headlight assembly. Right now I think we can still get the metal clips from Honda but the inserts have never been available without buying the entire housing assembly.
Also the tiny black rubber fittings (kind of like a rectangular o-ring) that get lost from the trunk lid. They keep the trunk lid straight. Mine were lost forever along with the other parts the last time I did paint.

I could easily get plastic parts made (small to large) but I doubt these enough volume or resell cost to justify the whole process.

What are the most important things you look for when buying parts
Quality. For me the NSX is an exotic car and I am not looking to put budget parts on it. I expect a high level of fit/finish.

Are there any existing parts that you'd like to see improvements made on
I really liked these aluminum door sills (link), but the fabrication wasn't quite right (link) and they don't sit perfectly on the NSX door sill (link).

I have other photos with detailed measurements if you do want to pursue this project.

Ball joints for the front control arms are a pain from what I understand. Some other alternatives would be great.

Are camber adjustable top mounts for the front suspension even possible? if so that would be great.

we have these feeler threads every year and nothing comes from any of them.

but a to confirm

double din console PRE cut " not cut at your own risk "
like our best vendor, they use to cut them then after break so many during cutting they said nope let the customer break them LOL
not bashing I love them.

OEM spare tires

muffler tips that glow

acura logo that blinks red for the rear of the car during braking

Hondo logo that says " we got to the top with the NSX but failed since then "

Day time running lights that fit in a location that doesn't look like a Kia

different center glovebox with triple doors one to hold beer

a ice box in the center glovebox to keep said beer cold.

air cooled seats

water cooled sun visor

sunvisors in all the NSX colors

I'm gonna jump on the center console bandwagon. Both oem and double din solutions would sell.

whats the over/under that the op ever posts again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back