• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX podcast?

Now that Apple just released iTunes 4.9 (Apple users just click on software actualisation or whatever it is called on english speaking Macs :wink: ) with additional podcast support I wonder when we will see and hear the 1st NSX related podcast (daily, weekly or monthly)?

How about a regular technical topic by Larry B. or Mark B.? How about race reports by Doug H.? Or hints, tips and rules for posting on this board by Ken S.?

NSX-Racer said:
software actualisation

I wonder when we will see and hear the 1st NSX related podcast (daily, weekly or monthly)?
It is called software update
I say we will probably never get a NSX podcast.

Thanks for the info - I wonder why they didn't call it "update" in the german version because it's a well known word even here.

And it seems that I should progress in learning about these complex RSS feed and XML issues if nobody else wants to start with podcasting here...will be a long way anyhow to implement this on my website.

NSX-Racer said:
Thanks for the info - I wonder why they didn't call it "update" in the german version because it's a well known word even here.

And it seems that I should progress in learning about these complex RSS feed and XML issues if nobody else wants to start with podcasting here...will be a long way anyhow to implement this on my website.
why not just record the "show" to MP3 that people can download?

I guess I don't understand the whole podcast thing.

squid2004 said:
why not just record the "show" to MP3 that people can download?
Yes, that's the easiest way but not real podcasting. If you look at iTunes or other podcasting grabbing programs you'll notice that you can subscribe to a podcast and this program automaticaly downloads the newest episode. And of course your podcast can be listed in iTunes which even has a chart with the most subscribed casts - this way you can get a lot of attention.

All this wouldn't be possible with just an mp3 file on your website in the traditional style - it needs a RSS feed - the world doesn't stand still and you always have to learn something new (which is harder for me every year that I get older :wink: ).

Back