• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX-R Seats

I'm thinking of changing me OEM seats for the Recaro Pole Positon ABE seats. I'm just wondering does anyone know the dimensions of the NSX-R seats as I would like to see the diference is size if any?

I got the dimensions of the Recaro Pole Position seats which is here:

RecaroPolePositionDimensions.jpg

I also have been thinking about the pole position seats, since I am sick of my hair scraping the roof. Not sure about the difference in size to the type R, but they look similar and no one has said anything bad about them. Major drawback to the type R is the price, but fitment shouldn't be an issue with the type R since they were made specifically for the car.

Please remember that it is not just the seat dimensions and height that are important, it is also the rails that the seats mount to. Most standard rails will not solve your problem, and in some situations will make it worse. I have the Bride GIAS Low Max in carbon kevlar with the low Bride rails and my seats are much lower, they still have sliders, and are very grippy. Test fit as many combinations as you can, as some seats may not be comfortable for you.

They are similar but not exactly the same in dimentions.
I had them both... so I know first hand.
PP will required you to have rails that made it to fit in an NSX. PP will required you to use 4-point harness as you will not be able to use your OEM seatbelts.
PP is not as deep as Type-R because of the design on the bottom and rails that made specific for the NSX.

RandPP.jpg

I might be interested in a GB for the ABEs. As far as I know, you can't get them in the US but can in the UK. Is this still true?

I might be interested in a GB for the ABEs. As far as I know, you can't get them in the US but can in the UK. Is this still true?

+1 on the GB. Have to call SOS see if they can get them. I would like to get a set but they must be from a trusted vendor and be the ABE version.

Yes they can be purchsed in the UK as I have been talking to 2 suppliers and trying to get the best price for a set for myself.

Last edited:
I tried to contact the dealer in Germany about the ABE 1&1/2 years ago but failed. So maybe you guys can have better luck this time.
But yeah, the ABE will be a great alternative. Then you need to buy the rails that SOS used to sell to mount them.

hey guys,

You guys should really consider the Bride Stradia Sports in my car, they gave me over 2" of additional headroom + they recline :)

rk

Got Pics??? :biggrin:

Hey have a pair of black leather perfect condition Recaro pole positions for sale. Have not posted yet, but will take 2k for the pair. I really like them, but with all the paint work and mods done this year, I never installed them. I now may be selling my car, I drive it about 300 miles a year,and it just sits in one of my garages. Seats have been stored in airconditioned room.These are actually nicer than type r seat being covered in leather. Smell like new too.:cool:

hey guys,

You guys should really consider the Bride Stradia Sports in my car, they gave me over 2" of additional headroom + they recline :)

rk

I've been eyeballing those too, since they look pretty nice. The bride website stated the seat was not to exceed a 220 lb load. Any big boys using these seats?

I've been eyeballing those too, since they look pretty nice. The bride website stated the seat was not to exceed a 220 lb load. Any big boys using these seats?

I'm 175, waist 33 but honestly if you are over 200 lbs or larger waist u might not be comfy......

rk

Back