• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx repair shop INDIANA

hi everybody iam dimitris from oround indianapolis as some of you know i have the 99 nsxt damaged with 28 k miles on it well it took me like 10 months to find a body shop to fix it nobody seems wants to fix a project here in indiana i cant beleive it not even acura dealer help me out (ed martin NOT good)
their excuse:
we cant do the job because u have the part for it ......
i thought that the go by book like the frame rail needs like 15 hours x50 $ and total 3000 $ but no the say if u dont get the parts from us we cant fix it and the think is that all the body shops they told me the same think
i dont think that is right because ed martin acura wants like $ 3600 ++ and baranco acura it was like $2200 plus 200 shiping we talk obout $1400 def.
when i told that to a dealer didnt like it
well if i am wrong i need someone to talk obout it
was some people from other states sent me emails and told me to ship the car to their shop they would fix it
THANKS TO PRIME FOR THAT.
i really didnt want to ship it far away and not be able to see it SORRY.
i have a list of a body shops they wouldnt fix it .
now i found a shop the name is northwest frame & alignment they dont paint only body work so they will put the frame rail on and i go from there
by the way i just got and a twin turbo for it and soon i will fix it i will put it on (factor x will tune it up)
i got so upset then i decide to sell it but i got mad to @ these body shops i took it kind personal and i will fix it and stop by every one of the shops to see what looks like .
but again they dont care because only see $$$$$$ sings and not take care of the customers i run bussines (2 restaurants) so i know its not only money money money my friend its all obout the customers.
anyway i dont want to make u tired with my story
THANKS TO EVERYONE that helped me out before and firts of all
thanks to PRIME
dimitris
[email protected]
SORRY IF SOME OF YOU DONT GET IT WHAT IAM TALKING OBOUT
BUT THATS THE CLOSEST I HAVE EVER BEEN TO SPEAK ENGLISH MR DocL !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I would also suggest Rick Spade since he did some beautiful work on Nobles and also worked on an NSX in Cinncinati.

Tim

I actually talked to Rick THIS week. He'll be painting my NSX this spring. As far as actual MECHANICAL WORK. If you live in and around Indianapolis or Cincinnati.. I reccomend Rob Danner. He's a bad ass mechanic from Superior Honda in Cincy. He has a black '91 NSX himself that he has rebuilt from the ground up, including the motor. The guy is great... and absolutely meticulous on everything he does. He can do anything to your car but body work. He does it all in his garage. PM me if you want his contact info.

dang that sucks big time dude!!
Im sure some of it was do to liability too :(
You could just buy the parts form them and sell the ones you got if you really want to keep it close to home. After the "frame" is good you could probulay put most of the parts on yourself or find an independent shop to.
Good luck with everything :-D

I would also consider Acura Brookfield in Milwaukee, WI...they have fixed some frame-rail damaged NSXs...very difficult to do from what I understand due to the metallurgical properties of aluminum...talk to John Vasos at AOB...he may be able to help you out...

Back