• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX segment on Dream Car Garage

I don't know if this was a repeat, but there was a short segment featuring an NSX on the show Dream Car Garage (Speed channel) yesterday. It features a yellow 03+ that's been given a Type R treatment and supercharged.

The driver was "Tom Hnatiw", a large fellow who looked pretty squeezed in the drivers seat. He spoke very highly of the car and NSX owners.

It starts at minute 7 and runs through minute 10. I've got it saved on my TiVo and will put it on DVD eventually. Maybe I can extract that bit someday. Unfortunately, the TiVo guide data for this show is the same for every day so I don't have a way to search and see if it's on again.

bodypainter said:
I don't know if this was a repeat, but there was a short segment featuring an NSX on the show Dream Car Garage (Speed channel) yesterday. It features a yellow 03+ that's been given a Type R treatment and supercharged.

The driver was "Tom Hnatiw", a large fellow who looked pretty squeezed in the drivers seat. He spoke very highly of the car and NSX owners.

It starts at minute 7 and runs through minute 10. I've got it saved on my TiVo and will put it on DVD eventually. Maybe I can extract that bit someday. Unfortunately, the TiVo guide data for this show is the same for every day so I don't have a way to search and see if it's on again.
I saw that yesteday but forgot to post.

I could be wrong but I don't think the NSX featured was an 02+. The quick shot of the engine bay looked like a 3.0L motor. I think the owner has spent a pile of money having the front end and rear end re-done to look like an 02+.

Either way the yellow with black top, mirrors and tail looked sharp. I wish I knew whose car that was!

It looks as if the next showing is this Sat. for anyone who missed it. I certainly did.:frown:

BTW: Does anyone know how that big guy's last name is pronounced? Hnatiw?

svalleynsx said:
It looks as if the next showing is this Sat. for anyone who missed it.
I think you're right - the guide now shows it as a repeat on Sat @ 9:30 am, Sun @10 pm, and Mon @ 3 am.

I caught the episode at 6:30am this morning. Thanks to the thread starter, otherwise I would of most likely missed this episode.

I love this episode, the reviewer gave NSX some serious high praises which it well deserved. The yellow NSX really looks spectacular and tastefully done, the owner of the car really did a fantastic job.

"Do you need a car like this?" I think Tom's response was something like, "This car is only good for one thing, hedonistic driving pleasure."

Yeah Tom. You hit the nail on the head. Of course some of us do use them as daily drivers. :wink:

Thanks, guys for the compliments. The nsx on the show is mine. the engine is a 3.0. The engine now has all the red covers like the real type-r. Good thing i didn't have my type-r seats in yet wise there would be no way Tom was fitting in there. Car will be show again in 3 months when my type-r gauges arrive, and also my carbon fiber door panels, real type-r seats and some other parts. Also, wondering if the real type-r in other colors than white uses white r wheels or if they come in any other colors? If someone could research that I would appreciate that.

Frank Spano said:
Thanks, guys for the compliments. The nsx on the show is mine. the engine is a 3.0. The engine now has all the red covers like the real type-r. Good thing i didn't have my type-r seats in yet wise there would be no way Tom was fitting in there. Car will be show again in 3 months when my type-r gauges arrive, and also my carbon fiber door panels, real type-r seats and some other parts. Also, wondering if the real type-r in other colors than white uses white r wheels or if they come in any other colors? If someone could research that I would appreciate that.
Congrat's Frank.

I actually emailed the show asking them about your car. I've kept that show on my DVR so I can watch your yellow beauty time and time again.

What year is your ride? What suspension mod's have you made? I don't think I could get your car up my driveway :confused: but the stance sure looks great:biggrin:

Frank Spano said:

Yes, all color type-r's have the white wheels. :)

It was just reshown tonight I posted the heads up in the owners forum,sorry for the double post.Tom took it easy with the car.Sounded like they put a mic on top of the intake/throttle body for an accel run and dubbed it onto the road scenes.Tom looked snug:wink: in the cockpit:tongue:

I saw the show. Very nice NSX. Did I hear them say it will take you 2 years to get your supecharger shipped to you? Wow, that is a long time to wait. Which SC are you going with? Comptech?

Da Hapa, the car started out as a 91 black/black coupe. It has koni shocks with comptech springs, and zanardi sway bars. I will post pics in a couple weeks when I get back home, In atlanta right now attending school.

Frank Spano said:
Da Hapa, the car started out as a 91 black/black coupe. It has koni shocks with comptech springs, and zanardi sway bars. I will post pics in a couple weeks when I get back home, In atlanta right now attending school.

Cool. I look forward to it.

Frank Spano said:

Very nice car indeed. Have you really been waiting for the SC kit for 2 yrs? ... and which SC kit?

Whichever one he can buy with a stolen credit card.
This post was from 2 years ago from our resident legal expert, RSO34, so yes, he's been waiting 2 years.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33880

Well, you asked for it. I originally gave some of this info to you in a PM but you wanted it on the forum so here goes:

I provided free legal assistance to a fellow member of the NSX community last year with regard to a fraudulent attempt to purchase a supercharger with a stolen credit card. My personal investigation led to discussions with the Seneca Falls Police Department through Investigator Porretta and Sergeant Zettemoyer. I also worked with the American Express Fraud unit as well as UPS investigations.

The investigation revealed the following information:

1. A credit card was stolen from a dentist in New Jersey, Mr. Spano’s home state.

2. That credit card was used to order a supercharger to be shipped to an address in Seneca Falls, New York in the name of the person who was the true owner of the stolen credit card. Mr. Spano was renting the apartment where the supercharger was being shipped. He identifies himself as a chiropractic student and the New York Chiropractic College is located in Seneca Falls. http://www.nycc.edu/

3. Amex notified the seller that the card was stolen and I became involved to try to stop the shipment. I worked with the Seneca Falls Police Department who confirmed that Mr. Spano and a roommate, Ralph Bonocore, were residing in the apartment where the shipment was headed.

4. I was able to have the shipment seized in the Geneva station of UPS and marked with a Return to Sender label. While that was going on, Mr. Spano had conversations with another member of the NSX community about the installation of a supercharger he said he was intending to buy.

5. The Seneca Falls District Attorney’s office refused to prosecute because the shipment was stopped prior to obtaining a signature for receipt from Mr. Spano.

THAT supercharger purchase!

robr said:
Whichever one he can buy with a stolen credit card.
This post was from 2 years ago from our resident legal expert, RSO34, so yes, he's been waiting 2 years.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33880

Well, you asked for it. I originally gave some of this info to you in a PM but you wanted it on the forum so here goes:

I provided free legal assistance to a fellow member of the NSX community last year with regard to a fraudulent attempt to purchase a supercharger with a stolen credit card. My personal investigation led to discussions with the Seneca Falls Police Department through Investigator Porretta and Sergeant Zettemoyer. I also worked with the American Express Fraud unit as well as UPS investigations.

The investigation revealed the following information:

1. A credit card was stolen from a dentist in New Jersey, Mr. Spano’s home state.

2. That credit card was used to order a supercharger to be shipped to an address in Seneca Falls, New York in the name of the person who was the true owner of the stolen credit card. Mr. Spano was renting the apartment where the supercharger was being shipped. He identifies himself as a chiropractic student and the New York Chiropractic College is located in Seneca Falls. http://www.nycc.edu/

3. Amex notified the seller that the card was stolen and I became involved to try to stop the shipment. I worked with the Seneca Falls Police Department who confirmed that Mr. Spano and a roommate, Ralph Bonocore, were residing in the apartment where the shipment was headed.

4. I was able to have the shipment seized in the Geneva station of UPS and marked with a Return to Sender label. While that was going on, Mr. Spano had conversations with another member of the NSX community about the installation of a supercharger he said he was intending to buy.

5. The Seneca Falls District Attorney’s office refused to prosecute because the shipment was stopped prior to obtaining a signature for receipt from Mr. Spano.

THAT supercharger purchase!
Yikes!

A crook will always be a crook:mad:

svalleynsx said:
There's a lot of them on here as I have painfully discovered.:frown:

I don't know that there are a lot of them, but use the itrader feedback system like you would use feedback on ebay and if they have 0 feedback, make sure you have references. I see stuff for sale all the time in the for sale forums here, but if the guy has 40 posts and no feedback, I'm not sending him my cash without someone from this board that I trust vouch for them.

Back