• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[1st Gen] NSX Spoon Sports Racing Brake Caliper Kit - 4 Pot - In Stock

Limited Quantity In Stock!

Spoon Sports Lightweight Racing Brake Caliper Kit - 91-05 Acura NSX

The Spoon 4-pot caliper has been specifically designed and tested for the Acura NSX. Unlike other 4-pot calipers, Spoon calipers are direct fit and are designed to work with the stock brake system, including the ABS system. Spoon calipers use stock NSX size front brake pads, which gives users incredible flexibility in choosing pads. The 4-pot calipers significantly improve both high speed braking and brake pedal feel and its consistency during track use. The 4-pot design also makes pad wear more even and minimizes rotor warpage. The aluminum construction also helps reduce unsprung weight significantly. These benefits are achieved while maintaining a stock feel for daily driving. Spoon calipers are manufactured by Nissin, the OE supplier of all Honda brakes.

Each Kit Includes 1 Left and 1 Right Caliper Kit - MSRP $1,650 - Free Shipping Lower 48-States Ground Shipping.

*** Installation Note: These will need to be used with 1997+ NSX Front Rotors if your NSX is a 91-96. For 97+ Newer NSX, these are a direct bolt on using your stock size rotors ***

CALIPER KIT + PERFORMANCE PADS PACKAGE DEALS:

1. Spoon Caliper Kit with Hawk HPS Pads: (Free with Purchase!)
2. Spoon Caliper Kit with Hawk HP+ Pads: +$36
3. Spoon Caliper Kit with Hawk Blue 9012 Pads: +$75
4. Spoon Caliper Kit with Hawk DT60 Race Pads: +$114
5. Spoon Caliper kit with Project Mu Type NS Pads: +$43
6. Spoon Caliper Kit with Project Mu HC+ Pads: +$88
7. Spoon Caliper Kit with Project Mu B-Force Pads: +$72
8. Spoon Caliper Kit with EBC Red Stuff Pads: +$29
9. Spoon Caliper Kit with EBC Yellow Stuff Pads: +$39

Screenshot2013-10-07at53239PM_zps642408cc.png

These are the same brake calipers used on the famous Spoon NSX-R GT race cars.

Screenshot2013-10-07at52825PM_zpsd95b735d.png

Last edited:
how much bigger are these compared to the stock na2 02+ calipers, whats the price just wondering

It's the number of pistons that is the main difference. The calipers are larger than the na2, but have more pistons to increase the stopping power. The Spoon brakes allow you to run a stock size pad, therefore, your pad options are limitless as opposed to traditional BBK which give you very limited options for street use. The price is posted.

No, they make full contact. I can't explain the magazine wheel picture. They cover the full surface area of your stock NSX pad.

I need to know how much bigger they are compared to the 02 calipers Bc I already have to run spacers to clear my stock caliper Bc of my wheels . any idea

Last edited:
Here is a write up by another prime member, http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/147883-Spoon-caliper-install

However, I can tell you he used a different model caliper from a different car and he had aftermarket wheels.

These spoon calipers for the NSX should clear factory wheels just fine. Depending on your aftermarket wheel offset, you may need to add a 3-5mm spacer.

how can you tell they are different don't s2000 Tsx and Nsx use the same caliper

so the msrp is the price being offered?

i still want confirmation on the fitment. looking at the factory caliper vs this 4 piston (pistons on both side of rotors), i doubt it will fit under stock 02+ wheels? it's crucial as i don't want to run any spacers.

and for color, it's only available in blue?

Spoon does not offer rear calipers. You can't tell the diff on all mono block applications, but they all have different part number. Spoon only offers blue. Spoon calipers fit stock 15" ek9 wheels also fits on my 17x8 +35 regamaster but for some reason It did not fit my 17x9 +38 regamaster. I guess what i'm trying to say is there's no telling til it gets test fitted.

Spoon does not offer rear calipers. You can't tell the diff on all mono block applications, but they all have different part number. Spoon only offers blue. Spoon calipers fit stock 15" ek9 wheels also fits on my 17x8 +35 regamaster but for some reason It did not fit my 17x9 +38 regamaster. I guess what i'm trying to say is there's no telling til it gets test fitted.

good info, thanks! yes, i would love to know more on fitment. if it fits under stock wheels i would be very interested. stock brakes are kind of weak. is stock setup 2 piston with spring setup no the outside?

My buddy locally imported a set of these from Japan. I've driven them in the canyons and hard at the track. They make a significant difference in pedal feel compared to stock but still not as good as a full BBK setup. He's now upgrading to a full BBK setup. You'll still eat thru the pads as quickly as stock and w/o the added cooling ducts they will still fade. Still a nice upgrade but at this cost.. it makes going with a front BBK an easier decision. I like them for what they are :)

I'm not 100% sure if he got the NSX specific unit or the TSX unit which also bolt right in (I helped install them). We calculated the brake bias and it was still within the desired range iirc.

Whomever tells you these will fit over stock wheels is trippin. Even with his prodrives, a spacer was used to clear the caliper.

IMG_0049_zps99b0440b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0048_zpsf2f20889.jpg

thanks regan, just as i expected they require high disk wheels

i agree for the price (just calipers) and not able to fit under stock wheels, might as well spend a bit more on full bbk

I cannot confirm they fit without any spacer, I am waiting on a response from the spoon representative. However I will say that Ryu cannot confirm wether his friend used the NSX-Specific Spoon caliper or in fact a different model for the TSX, the could in fact be very different In width or size.
There is no reasoning behind producing a brake caliper setup specifically for a vehicle that would then not fit on the vehicle unless modified to fit appropriately, especially with a high end company like Spoon.
All other NSX owners I have seen with Spoon calipers were not using the NSX-Specific calipers they are using others built for different cars.

Last edited:
Is this a new caliper. What is the part number for NSX specific calipers? Are they twinblock or monoblock? Not a bad price either.

My buddy locally imported a set of these from Japan. I've driven them in the canyons and hard at the track. They make a significant difference in pedal feel compared to stock but still not as good as a full BBK setup. He's now upgrading to a full BBK setup. You'll still eat thru the pads as quickly as stock and w/o the added cooling ducts they will still fade. Still a nice upgrade but at this cost.. it makes going with a front BBK an easier decision. I like them for what they are :)

I'm not 100% sure if he got the NSX specific unit or the TSX unit which also bolt right in (I helped install them). We calculated the brake bias and it was still within the desired range iirc.

Whomever tells you these will fit over stock wheels is trippin. Even with his prodrives, a spacer was used to clear the caliper.

IMG_0049_zps99b0440b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0048_zpsf2f20889.jpg

What size rotors was this on i know this car has the 02 front end but was it on an older car with the smaller rotors of a 91-97?
And has it been correctly answered yet do these come with their own brackets or do they just attach to the OEM front brackets, so just swap ot one caliper for the other?

I have a set of these on my nsx. I just did them maybe 2-3 months ago. The calipers i got are TSX/ACCORD Calipers. Bolted on directly. na1 people will need to use na2 front rotors to fit, and s2000 pads.

Is this a new caliper. What is the part number for NSX specific calipers? Are they twinblock or monoblock? Not a bad price either.

It's not a new caliper, I am pretty sure Spoon just uses the Accord/TSX monoblock version for the NSX. There's no NSX specific part number on their webpage, which leads me to believe this.

- - - Updated - - -

What size rotors was this on i know this car has the 02 front end but was it on an older car with the smaller rotors of a 91-97?
And has it been correctly answered yet do these come with their own brackets or do they just attach to the OEM front brackets, so just swap ot one caliper for the other?

That car is a 2000, so he didn't have to upgrade the rotors.

- - - Updated - - -

What size are the pistons in these caliper? I had heard that these NSX calipers were discontinued, did you get them to make up some more?

The Spoon calipers have 42.85mm and 38.18mm pistons.

Stock:
'91-96: Front 40 mm and 36 mm; Rear 43 mm.
'97-04: Front 40 mm and 34 mm; Rear 48 mm.

hey phryxis thanks for answering doing a much better job than the vendor

Back