• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-STOCK May 22nd

Mike count me in. I most likely won't drive down to Bridgewater first, but will meet up with you guys somewhere up north to join the ride up to Mt. Fuji.

Tytus is right. We should drive to Bridgewater ........ after all, it is a club event.

I must admit, I was a bit fooled the way it started out. I felt as though there may not be an NSXstock this year and it looked as though it may just be a small run to a restaurant with a couple of cars. Kinda like what happened with the first holiday dinner this year, when several of us formed our own dinner.

With the size of turnout now for NSXstock, it looks like a serious event again and we should try to attend if we can.

He is absolutely right, it is about the group journey and I am looking forward to meeting everyone and the new groom-to-be, down in Bridgewater. :biggrin:

Hi. Sorry to have such a noob question- Although the OP listed the Where and When, I was wondering if I could learn a little more about the total length of the drive itself and how long for the event overall. Is it the drive from Bridgewater and then it finishes with the stop at Mt. Fuji and everyone goes home after?
Anything else I might want to know?
Thanks
Jeff

With NsxStock and NsxPo in our neck of the woods I would like to stress the convience,importance and maybe necesity of having a club radio. It really adds to the experience of the drive as you can listen in on the goings on during the drive and the day....there maybe some smack talk also which is quite entertaining

Hi. Sorry to have such a noob question- Although the OP listed the Where and When, I was wondering if I could learn a little more about the total length of the drive itself and how long for the event overall. Is it the drive from Bridgewater and then it finishes with the stop at Mt. Fuji and everyone goes home after?
Anything else I might want to know?
Thanks
Jeff

Welcome Jeff...

Yes we will all be meeting at bridgewater acura and the drive is to Mt Fuju. That is basically the "run" part. Getting there/home is typically cruising with the guys who live near you. I know i will probably end up cruising there with Mike (red conv) and meet up with others along the way.

same for cruising home, I live on LI and after lunch we will probably roll back together and as we pass exits where people live they break off.

Jeff is that your GPW in the av? what year?

With NsxStock and NsxPo in our neck of the woods I would like to stress the convience,importance and maybe necesity of having a club radio. It really adds to the experience of the drive as you can listen in on the goings on during the drive and the day....there maybe some smack talk also which is quite entertaining

I have two hand helds with the main and sub channels. If anyone that is cruising from where I am need one I will loan you one.

Hi. Thanks for the info. It's supposedly a 95 mi drive for me to Bridgewater Acura. How long is the "run" from there and if I'm understanding it correctly it will be about 1 1/2 hours? Will some people be returning to Bridgewater?

Yes, that's my GPW, it's an 05.

Thanks again :smile:
Jeff

Welcome Jeff...

Yes we will all be meeting at bridgewater acura and the drive is to Mt Fuju. That is basically the "run" part. Getting there/home is typically cruising with the guys who live near you. I know i will probably end up cruising there with Mike (red conv) and meet up with others along the way.

same for cruising home, I live on LI and after lunch we will probably roll back together and as we pass exits where people live they break off.

Jeff is that your GPW in the av? what year?

1. The Kid
2. winreboot
3. Acura NsX Pilot
4. RPM217
5. KingkongNSX
6. arista5
7. pbassjo
8. Tony D
9. Dynamic-uzed-auto
10. The Don
11. Pooh
12. Ftuhy
13. Larry B
14. Svengali
15. Dozerdawg
16. Chris NSX
17. goa360
18. Chuck Morgan
19. RobD
20. Bone-stock
21. nsxot1c
22. Aluminsx
23. Tytus
24. repin jerz
25. passline
26. ssangkal1001
27. Clembeauch
28. jrbvegrun

Hi. Thanks for the info. It's supposedly a 95 mi drive for me to Bridgewater Acura. How long is the "run" from there and if I'm understanding it correctly it will be about 1 1/2 hours? Will some people be returning to Bridgewater?

Yes, that's my GPW, it's an 05.

Thanks again :smile:
Jeff

Nice, was this the 05 from queens around june? I know there was an GPW/Onyx 05 sold by my house a round the beginning of summer.

as for cruising back that would be someone else to chime in. From Mt. Fuji i am going back to Long Island. Total trip mileage for me will probably be 200. But its all good, all the runs i have been doing, i avg 24+ mpg.

Tytus is right. We should drive to Bridgewater ........ after all, it is a club event.

I must admit, I was a bit fooled the way it started out. I felt as though there may not be an NSXstock this year and it looked as though it may just be a small run to a restaurant with a couple of cars. Kinda like what happened with the first holiday dinner this year, when several of us formed our own dinner.

With the size of turnout now for NSXstock, it looks like a serious event again and we should try to attend if we can.

He is absolutely right, it is about the group journey and I am looking forward to meeting everyone and the new groom-to-be, down in Bridgewater. :biggrin:

So Rich let's meet up somewhere up North so we can all drive down to Bridgewater together. Maybe some other northern Primers will meet up also.

So Rich let's meet up somewhere up North so we can all drive down to Bridgewater together. Maybe some other northern Primers will meet up also.

Steve, we usually all meet at the Teaneck Marriott Glenpoint Hotel when events are south or west of NYC. It's ideal because from there we can either go out I-80 or down I-95, depending on the location of the event. Many of the NYC guys gas up there as well (NJ prices). :smile:

I'll check with Simon or Bailey for times as we get closer.

-Rich

No. I did see that that one (I believe it was 069 discussed here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139437) was selling about the same time as mine.
Mine came from the west coast. My story is here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137983

Nice, was this the 05 from queens around june? I know there was an GPW/Onyx 05 sold by my house a round the beginning of summer.

as for cruising back that would be someone else to chime in. From Mt. Fuji i am going back to Long Island. Total trip mileage for me will probably be 200. But its all good, all the runs i have been doing, i avg 24+ mpg.

Just booked Hilton in Short Hills, NJ for May 21 night. I heard it is a good place to stay.

If anybody is close by then won't mind to grab a beer or bite. PM me if you interested.

Last edited:

Bailey my friend, I have tried to buy a radio for years and given up. Radio Shack no longer has them, at least when I tried, in the required band width. Others were very expensive but I agree with you we should get them for this and other rides as well.

Can you or someone source these and offer them up on the board, possibly at each thread about get togethers so we can finally get the radios for these events.

Thanks,

Tytus

im a maybe...

hope you guys dont mind if i bring along a 350z and a s2000

Mike
Count us in as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone before seeing them ALL AGAIN at NSXPO 2011.

Alan

Mike
Count us in as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone before seeing them ALL AGAIN at NSXPO 2011 in September.

Alan

im a maybe...

hope you guys dont mind if i bring along a 350z and a s2000

Sadly,

This is an NSX ONLY event :wink: Bring that Yellow bad-boy out, and lets catch up :cool:

What is the required bandwidth? BTW.

IRich,

don't remember off hand but there is lots of out dated information, other than bandwidth, if you search for it under club radios.

Good luck

Tytus

I hope I can get my Pioneer avh-4300 installed b4 this run been so busy lately. We r just about 3 weeks away ;)

Back