• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX test mule spotted running against MP412C, R8 and 458

I've considered a prius as my next dd but couldn't get over how boring it was to drive. I liked it a lot until I got behind the wheel of one on several occasions too I might add. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents from ppl falling asleep behind the wheel of one!

I'm sure if I dull out the drive by wire like they did I'd achieve ridiculous mpg too... Add the electric motor and it's icing on the cake. Too bad the cake taste like styrofoam!

This is a more credible NSX 2.0 mule. 650HP from the engine alone? Yum
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165017

Last edited:
"Test NSX's used" is still an assumption. For all I know someone at Honda created that thread like they did when they got caught chiming in on the Internet saying "the crosstour is not ugly". LOL...

I mean I hope I'm wrong but you can see there are reasons to be skeptical.

I don't get the infatuation from everyone that the new NSX has to be better than every other car that's out there. I want a FUN car that's AFFORDABLE. One thing everyone keeps forgetting about the NSX was its price range. The two reasons I just listed are why I bought my NSX. I don't want to pay $250k for a car. If I did, I'd get something more exotic than a Honda. I really want the new NSX and I expect them to keep it in the $90k to $120k range. In that price range, I'm not expecting the car to be 458 Italia killer, or MP4-12 killer. It won't. I do think that Honda will make something magical, and I think the hybrid system with torque vectoring steering, they're going to create a handling monster.

I don't get the infatuation from everyone that the new NSX has to be better than every other car that's out there. I want a FUN car that's AFFORDABLE. One thing everyone keeps forgetting about the NSX was its price range. The two reasons I just listed are why I bought my NSX. I don't want to pay $250k for a car. If I did, I'd get something more exotic than a Honda. I really want the new NSX and I expect them to keep it in the $90k to $120k range. In that price range, I'm not expecting the car to be 458 Italia killer, or MP4-12 killer. It won't. I do think that Honda will make something magical, and I think the hybrid system with torque vectoring steering, they're going to create a handling monster.

Very logical post I must say...

Why would you think the NSX's system wouldn't be trackable? I'm fully [foolishly?] expecting the hybrid system to leverage some of Honda's F1 work in this regard?

On an aside, an Australian magazine recently track tested the CR-Z, and battery help was only good for two corners, then nothing! :eek:

There's an article talking about possible non hybrid spec NSX's for racing. A thread on Vtec.net on the same subject had one of them stating the car must be much further along than they lead us to believe. I was told by the VP back in January that he'd driven the car so it does make sense.

It is pretty crazy but I guess it's cause they've waited so long. I'm with you and just want it to be a great car in the $90-120k price range. Doesn't have to kill the GTR as why not just buy a GTR if that's your personal focus.

It is pretty crazy but I guess it's cause they've waited so long. I'm with you and just want it to be a great car in the $90-120k price range. Doesn't have to kill the GTR as why not just buy a GTR if that's your personal focus.

It's true. The GTR is basically $100K and it sacrifices looks aka design and interior refinement for top performance figures. I don't view the GTR as being balanced at all. It has good pricing and performance but lacks in the looks department. The new NSX is going to cost a bit more but still be in the same market, definitely be more refined and is already better looking by default. As long as it can compete the GTR's performance, then it would be another true NSX.

It doesn't need to blow the GTR out the water and definitely would not be viewed as a failure if it doesn't beat the GTR to the 1/4 mile or around a track by 1 second. If that were the case, then I suppose 90% of the sports cars that came out after the GTR are considered failures.

Love to try and get that final word don't you:wink: We'll get to see if the ED tech is more competitive with not only Toyota but also Porsche and Ferrari.

What would be interesting to know is if the test NSX's used were hybrid equipped or not as that would mean the hybrid is trackable or were they just track tweaking the V6 and chassis against it's rivals.

That car will not be competing in JGTC regardless if it is in Hybrid. The rule does not allow MR. JGTC will have to change the rule again.

It's true. The GTR is basically $100K and it sacrifices looks aka design and interior refinement for top performance figures. I don't view the GTR as being balanced at all. It has good pricing and performance but lacks in the looks department. The new NSX is going to cost a bit more but still be in the same market, definitely be more refined and is already better looking by default. As long as it can compete the GTR's performance, then it would be another true NSX.

It doesn't need to blow the GTR out the water and definitely would not be viewed as a failure if it doesn't beat the GTR to the 1/4 mile or around a track by 1 second. If that were the case, then I suppose 90% of the sports cars that came out after the GTR are considered failures.
Interior refinement?

Compare to the ZR-1, GT-R isn't bad at all. The ZR-1's interior quality is like Chevy Cobalt.

If you don't get it, well I'm one of them so here's my personal reason.

NSX is the flagship of Honda, it needs to compete with other flagships.
You say the car in that price range won't kill 458 and MP4-12C, but look at the GT-R and ZR-1...even Viper.
I bet a lot of NSX owners are motorsport enthusiasts and they do care about the car's performance.
Once the new NSX is out, I'm sure people will compare it with 911 Turbo, GT-R, ZR-1 and all the usual cars. They wouldn't wanna see NSX coming to dead last.

If you're just looking for something affordable and fun to drive, here's a car for you.

Mazda-Mx-5--266945.jpg

That car will not be competing in JGTC regardless if it is in Hybrid. The rule does not allow MR. JGTC will have to change the rule again.

JGTC might be a stretch but FIA/IMSA GT class should be doable, same goes for the Rolex GT series (look at Ferrari with their F458 as well as Audi with their R8's) .

Given Honda's presence in both WC as well as GrandAm it would not be surprising to see the car being raced here in the US before it competes in the rest of the world.

JGTC might be a stretch but FIA/IMSA GT class should be doable, same goes for the Rolex GT series (look at Ferrari with their F458 as well as Audi with their R8's) .

Given Honda's presence in both WC as well as GrandAm it would not be surprising to see the car being raced here in the US before it competes in the rest of the world.

JGTC doesnt exist anymore...they've been calling it Super GT several years now..

JGTC doesnt exist anymore...they've been calling it Super GT several years now..

Yep, I am fully aware of that, quite of us NSXPrimers went to see the last JGTC race that they held in Fontana Raceway in SoCal back in 2004.

Just replied to what Vance wrote, most folks wont have any problems relating his JGTC reference back to Super GT, and what Vance wrote is specific to the JAF GT classifcation within Super GT, and not Super GT as a whole given that FIA GT2/GT3 vehicles participate in Super GT. Plenty of MR vehicles that are within the FIA GT2/GT3 classes.

Anyways we are just splitting hairs since everything is academic at this point given that the NSX2.0 racecar does not currently exist.

Last edited:
Back