• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX theft control

Ok.. The theft technology in the NSX is dated.. From what I understand there are no fuel cutoffs or anything fancy; just a key that turns the fuel pump and hits the ignition. I know the Type-R is stolen left and right for this very reason.

What have you guys done to mitigate this risk? I mean from a technical standpoint.. Aftermarket systems? Fuel kill switches?

-Jeremy

Yes, I'm paranoid. :)

Practically everyone know each other here. NSX community is small....unless the thief intended to ship out of the country, it just doesn't make sense. The idiot will get caught eventually. On top of that, I am sure our member here put their car in the garage and it is either a second car, third, or....... Which mean the odd of getting it stolen a littttttttttttttttttttle slim :cool:

jdc1687 said:
Ok.. The theft technology in the NSX is dated.. From what I understand there are no fuel cutoffs or anything fancy; just a key that turns the fuel pump and hits the ignition. I know the Type-R is stolen left and right for this very reason.

What have you guys done to mitigate this risk? I mean from a technical standpoint.. Aftermarket systems? Fuel kill switches?

-Jeremy

Yes, I'm paranoid. :)

aggreed.

PoohBEAR said:
Practically everyone know each other here. NSX community is small....unless the thief intended to ship out of the country, it just doesn't make sense. The idiot will get caught eventually. On top of that, I am sure our member here put their car in the garage and it is either a second car, third, or....... Which mean the odd of getting it stolen a littttttttttttttttttttle slim :cool:

Theft rates for the NSX are extremely low. Probably because the car is so conspicuous, and marketability is low, and the parts don't fit other cars, etc etc etc.

Thieves don't always steal cars to keep for themselves or ship out of the country. Sometimes it's just punk kids or grown a$$holes stealing to go out joy riding.

Agreed...

Who knows the motivation for someone to steal a car; it makes me nuts personally. There was a tread in the general discussion about someone that had their car broken into and a good amount of information was put out there..

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50621

I got the 3G alarm

Gaurd dog
garage
glock :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I also have a quick release hub that allows me to remove the stearing wheel with the touch of a button. I will put it behind my seat or in the trunck if Im away from the car. You can break in, but not drive off.

loNfastNSX said:
I got the 3G alarm

Gaurd dog
garage
glock :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I also have a quick release hub that allows me to remove the stearing wheel with the touch of a button. I will put it behind my seat or in the trunck if Im away from the car. You can break in, but not drive off.

I'd have some firearms myself; if I didn't live in MA.. It is nearly impossible to get a license here, and forget about it in the town I live in..

The removable steering wheel is a hilarious idea :)

If its ever out of my site for an extended period of time, I take a few fuses with me. Takes a couple mins but its worth it.
-j-

A buddy of mine had a 98 Type R with a full JUN engine. He'd take the ECU with him. It worked for awhile I guess until punks broke in to steal the car, only to find that the ECU was gone. Let's just say they took their frustrations out by destroying the inside and outside of the car. I think the steering wheel idea is a better one. That way thieves can see the steering wheel is obviously missing before shattering a window or something.

Back