• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx ?

hey everyone my names jordan scott. Just joined this forum. And i have been looking at nsx's for so long now there amazing cars. I just want to hear from some owners why this car is so great basiclly sell me the idea of getting this car. any replys would be very helpfull thanks alot

It's a car that transcends the numbers. A lot of haters will look at the stats and point out that so-and-so car is faster to 60, does a better quarter, handles better, whatever. I guarantee that 95% of people saying this have never actually driven an NSX. There's a joy that one experiences driving an NSX through a twisting mountain back road that is unlike any other automotive experience. It's like dancing with a good partner -- the interplay of the steering, shifting, acceleration, and braking is so fine that you become one with the machine. You can't know it until you've done it.

awsome thanks for the first reply..Also i was wondering what year did the targa option come out..thanks again guys for taking the time to read and reply

Also i was wondering what year did the targa option come out
1995 was the first year for the targa, but it wasn't an "option" -- All 95s are targas.

(Technically, it's not a "targa" since "targa" is a registered Porsche term, but that's what everyone calls them anyway...)

You should spend some time browsing the Wiki here -- there's a wealth of useful information; much more easily accessible than just asking questions.

Once you experience driving one you'll be hooked for life. Like Flamino said, its a well balanced machine, not brute power but very refined. The early cars (91-96) have not seen much depreciation in the past 4-5 years so you could pick one up, drive it and not lose much of your initial investment if you decide to get something else.

Welcome! As others have said -- test drive one!!!! That's the only way to have any idea about how great the car is.

As reliable as a civic. As cheap to maintain as a bimmer (for old NSXs). As bulletproof as a military issue Hummer H1.

Word.

I dont think you need selling on getting an NSX if you are already here :biggrin:

I dont think you need selling on getting an NSX if you are already here :biggrin:

+1

Take a look at the Wiki area and the FAQ. That will answer all your basic questions about the NSX.

There's no other car like it. If you know what you're looking for in a performance car you'll figure out very quickly if the NSX is right for you. I'm not sure we can "sell" you on it. We all love it, and for many reasons.

I would say its biggest drawback by consensus is probably not enough power but you'll need to drive one and decide that for yourself. It's plenty of power for most NSX owners and there are always safe and reliable options for more power.

Also, the NSX is relatively expensive to modify. The cost per 1hp is about $100 on average. If you were planning on creating a beast and not spending much money I'd get a different car like a Supra.

Other than that, you'll never drive an exotic car with more driveability, reliability and comfort.

the captivating style of the NSX is what made me buy one.

It was the styling and Honda quality that drew me to the NSX period. I have a Jeep SRT8 for daily use (which is almost faster) and I still love the NSX...

NSX is s&x on wheels IMO...:biggrin:

You really need to drive the NSX to understand why it is such a great car!

2 days ago I was heading to the parking lot to get into my NSX and I noticed a guy looking closely at the mid engine, my engine is exposed. To make a long story short he told me that the NSX has always been a favorite of his and is considering purchasing one....then he kindly asked me if I could take him for a spin. He sat in the passenger seat for a good 8 minutes as we drove around and after the short ride his comments were "You have sold me" and continued to mention the many reasons why! :biggrin:

well thanks alot i just gotta track down a dealer that actully has an nsx around me but thanks for the replys guys

I know we all boast about the superior quality of the NSX, but it really is true. I've recently been getting my hands dirty under the car, fixing this and that. It's remarkable how well these were engineered. 17 year old bolts coming out of places that would be frozen/rusted on most cars half it's age. Unlike any other car I've owned, the NSX continues to amaze in many ways, not just looks, performance, etc. :smile:

well thanks alot i just gotta track down a dealer that actully has an nsx around me but thanks for the replys guys

In some ways ( most ways actually ) purchasing privately is better.
They know the car intimately and understand the enthusiast to enthusiast transaction taking place.

It's a car that transcends the numbers. A lot of haters will look at the stats and point out that so-and-so car is faster to 60, does a better quarter, handles better, whatever. I guarantee that 95% of people saying this have never actually driven an NSX. There's a joy that one experiences driving an NSX through a twisting mountain back road that is unlike any other automotive experience. It's like dancing with a good partner -- the interplay of the steering, shifting, acceleration, and braking is so fine that you become one with the machine. You can't know it until you've done it.

What he said. :wink:

Bob hit the nail on the head. That and the build quality. Not only is it a Honda, with all the enduring quality that comes with that name, but it was the flagship Honda. Mine is a '91 and doesn't have a leak, a rattle or a squeak in it after 17 years and 145K miles. You won't find that in a Vette or a Porsche.

it looks good and it always turns on. Its like having 2 cars in one. Some people say its a NSX and the others say Nice Vett. 2 for the price of one. :biggrin:

Not only a car for the active driving but also a fantastic car for the long highway (or rather Autobahn...) trips as well. You can store a lot of luggage, you feel comfortable even after a long day of driving and the fuel economy will show outstanding numbers.:smile:

If you are carrying a sleeping bag on your trip, you should store it under the glass hatch and it will have a very comfortable temp when you stop for the night. :biggrin: Can't do that with an F-car or Vette.

ok i want one now..lol there really are amazing cars..now one more question what does the car proformance like compared to another car stock..if that makes sense at all lol..

You'll quickly discover that the NSX's performance is more than enough and don't get all caught up in the "more HP is better" way of thinking.

Yes, there are cars on the road today that will kill the NSX in a straight drag but that's not where the NSX shines. It performs amazing via cornering, how you sit in the car, the low stance, and if you get the chance definately take it onto the track to learn why the NSX is such a great car to drive.

I don't care if my mates Subaru STi or Evo will kill my car...it drives, handles, and performs like a high performance luxury car and has the looks too. Just drive one and you'll know what most of us enthusiasts are taking about.:biggrin:

ok i want one now..lol there really are amazing cars..now one more question what does the car proformance like compared to another car stock..if that makes sense at all lol..

It is all about the feeling you get. I have driven quite a few cars over the years. Noone has taken my heart like the NSX did. I just had to have one. :smile:

ok thanks alot im hoping to get one by october that is if the right one comes my way...anyone here live in ky that mabye i could come check out there car in person..

Same here, I'm looking to buy one around october, but I can wait until the spring or even later if It meeans finding the perfect one for me...

Im in upstate new year, near albany, anyone around here who doesnt mind if I see one in person? I only got to see one in my life, for about 3 seconds and only the rear end and it was gone... in traffic :(

The NSX is like the girl you always wanted to get with since you were of age. You will always lust after her, she not be the best looking or fastest compared to the newer or more expensive cars but like that girl you always liked it doesn't matter. Once you get into a an NSX it's like finally getting to spend the first night with the girl you always wanted. RAW & SPECIAL.

You may buy and sell it because it may not suit you but you have to at least try it out to understand what an NSX is all about.

Last edited:
Back