• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX2S2K - S2000 Instrument Cluster Conversion Kit

Johan,
looks like you did not release the secret product yet. Very tempted to buy now but I have a feeling I shoul wait for the Big Bang. And I think it's coming sooner than later. Lol

Johan,
looks like you did not release the secret product yet. Very tempted to buy now but I have a feeling I shoul wait for the Big Bang. And I think it's coming sooner than later. Lol

Hi Neumoney, well, the secret product has nothing to do with the S2000 instrument cluster conversion. SO if you're into the S2000 instrument cluster, there's no need to wait :smile:

So is the 97-05 Kit available?

Very, very soon! In final stages of testing. I'll announce it here when I'm ready to take orders and I'll send you a pm too.

Best regards,

Bumping! Get your kit for 1991-1994 NSX's at:

https://www.sjoebergdesign.com

To make it easier for everyone, all orders will be handled there from now on. This thread will be kept for continuous information updates and discussions concerning our S2000 cluster conversion kits.

1997-2005 compatible kits coming soon! In final testing phase.
1995-1996 compatible kits are in development.

Johan, I just want to say a BIG thank you, for all your help with my S2K/NSX cluster conversion. You're a GENIUS and your work is finesse. My S2K cluster works flawlessly!!! Thanks for shipping the parts in one piece across the globe..

Johan, I just want to say a BIG thank you, for all your help with my S2K/NSX cluster conversion. You're a GENIUS and your work is finesse. My S2K cluster works flawlessly!!! Thanks for shipping the parts in one piece across the globe..

You're very welcome! I'm happy to hear everything is working as it should and that you are satisfied with the outcome of your project. I'll be here should you need any help in the future. Thanks for the nice comments!

Best regards,

Heading to NSXPO this year?

EuroBoutique will be showcasing one of my kits and all trim plate material options in their booth! And they'll also have an NSX with the kit installed, complete with a Qube LED upgrade kit using a customer specified custom color template:

kit_installed.jpg

Thanks EuroBoutique for helping me out and displaying this in your booth! Much appreciated, since I couldn't make it to NSXPO myself this year.

Head over to https://www.sjoebergdesign.com for more information, and to place orders.

Best regards,

Last edited:
A customer who's going to run one of the prototype versions of my kit for 1997+ cars opted for this custom color template with his Qube LED upgrade of his S2000 instrument cluster. I look forward seeing this installed!

custom_qube.jpg

Best regards,

Hey guys, if you already have an S2000 cluster in your NSX and your interested in getting a LED upgrade, head over to http://www.qube-engineering.com. Qube can also design custom color templates using any colors to fit your exact preferences, which is a feature I really like with this product besides the improved contrast and light intensity.

If you're planning on getting one of the kits I make, I offer installed Qube LED kits as an option. Here's a blue one I did for a customer with my carbon fiber trim plate partly assembled:

qube_cluster.jpg

Check out https://www.sjoebergdesign.com for more info!

Best regards,

Just curious.. is there any loss of candle/lumen power by using the qube filters?

On the contrary, if I understand it correctly. The LED's in the kit are much, much brighter than the stock incandescent light bulbs. Combined with a retained dimming functionality you can set the light intensity to whatever suits the lighting conditions. The "Night mode" of the S2000 cluster is also retained.

From the product description from Qube:

"How does it work?
The incandescent bulb system of the stock S2000 instrument cluster is replaced by a white LED array with a light diffuser. This white light can then be passed through a set of color filters, resulting in a bright, color-rich light visible at any time of day, even top down in direct sunlight with sunglasses on.

What colors can I choose from?
For the main gauge cluster, there is no limitation on color choice. The main gauge cluster uses a base white light and gets its color from color filters, which are available in just about every color imaginable."

If you're driving an NSX in the 91'-94' year range I've got Plug&Play kits for both S2000 AP1 and AP2 in stock with all combinations of accessories available! Great upgrade for our cars, and a great high quality and Honda OEM alternative to (expensive) NSX gauge cluster repairs: https://www.sjoebergdesign.com

95'+ are almost done, just need to double-check that the targa roof lights works with the latest beta version. Everything else works perfectly, I'll release them once this final thing is checked and tested! :smile:

Product1 17 (1).jpg

PS: Thank you to all my beta testers who have done and are doing a great job in helping me out with making sure everything is up to the highest standard possible.

Last edited:
Are there anything that one needs to know for the 91-94 years for the technically challenged to make this work?

You'll need a Philips screw driver, any basic Dremel type cutting tool (or just a pair of flush cutters) and around an hour or two of your time to install it. The steps of the procedure are covered in the installation videos.

Besides unscrewing a couple of screws and cutting away a small piece of plastic from the NSX shroud, everything is plug and play if you let me do the cutting of your S2000 instrument cluster housing. I consider the entire installation procedure to be quite basic, and it is a one-man job.

Should you get stuck or need any help/advice during the installation I'm here answering every question and will help you get up and running nicely.

Are there anything that one needs to know for the 91-94 years for the technically challenged to make this work?

i consider myself a COMPLETE rookie when dealing with anything electronic-related, but when i installed johan's kit in my car it was super easy! i just watched all the installation videos he created (really easy to follow along) before starting and then i also did the installation in 3 "stages" to match each video - watching each video again before each stage.

the quality of his kit is awesome and you will definitely not be disappointed. For something that provides such a drastic change in the interior electronics, its amazing that it is truly a plug-n-play mod.

i consider myself a COMPLETE rookie when dealing with anything electronic-related, but when i installed johan's kit in my car it was super easy! i just watched all the installation videos he created (really easy to follow along) before starting and then i also did the installation in 3 "stages" to match each video - watching each video again before each stage.

the quality of his kit is awesome and you will definitely not be disappointed. For something that provides such a drastic change in the interior electronics, its amazing that it is truly a plug-n-play mod.

8R6, thanks for a great positive review on both the installation procedure and the kit! I'm glad the videos are providing adequate instructions. My experience is that all customers who have provided feedback shared similar experiences, which is why I also chime in and say that I consider the procedure to be fairly straight forward.

Enjoy your new instrumentation!
:smile:

-| Update! |-

I'm happy to report we have been able to confirm full compliance with 1995-1999 year NSX and NSX-T's! I plan to release kits as a pre-order option for these cars with a limited release discount offer quite soon. Keep an eye out!

For 2000-2005 year NSX and NSX-T's, we've found out that Honda implemented some changes. I will have to work a little bit more on this year range before I'm able to release commercial kits. I'll continually issue updates in this thread on the progress.

Knowing your work I'm interested and still waiting for that 'secret product' to come out!

Knowing your work I'm interested and still waiting for that 'secret product' to come out!

Hi NSX-GT! I'm glad you trust my work! I've been making progress with the secret product lately too, just working out some kinks before I'm ready to beta test it :smile:

Back