• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2007 in Ohio October 5-9 - Hold the dates!

Let me get this straight!!! People would want to go to OHIO over Las Vegas for NSXPO Buckeye land must have some crazy power's over people!!!

Bill is still confused (as most of us were in the Vegas NSXPO planning commitee) that it was passed over and Ohio and Portland were awarded as hosts for NSXPO. It being to close to Phoenix didn't help I'm sure.

Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Pahrump (Spring Mountain) were going to be the tracks used, with a never done before 1/4 mile dragstrip opportunity at LVMS.

Maybe it was the "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" stigma attached. No one would be able to tell any stories!!!!

Bill is still confused (as most of us were in the Vegas NSXPO planning commitee) that it was passed over and Ohio and Portland were awarded as hosts for NSXPO. It being to close to Phoenix didn't help I'm sure.
I'm sure, too. One of the objectives of the bid process is to enable the event to move to different parts of the country from year to year to year, so that everyone can have a chance to have it somewhat close to home from time to time. Bill, would you be surprised if NSXPO 2009 were awarded for, say, Indianapolis, after being held two years previously in Ohio? I sure would. Think about it.

Stop complaining about where the event is held. If you don't like it, do something about it! The next time the board solicits bids, put together a committee and submit a bid. Keep in mind the factors that the board uses in making these decisions, and you won't be surprised at the outcome. If your bid isn't chosen, don't give up hope; get feedback from your board representative on why it might not have been chosen, revise your proposal as needed, and submit it again the next time around. I can guarantee you that that will give you a much better chance of achieving results than complaining about the decision will.

There are other things that can help your chances at landing a future NSXPO in your area. One is to hold local events in your area, especially multi-day events with planned meals and social activities, so that your planning committee has experience at this. Another is to come to NSXPO each year, wherever it is held. When a large contingent attends from any particular part of the country, year after year after year, that contingent has a better chance of landing NSXPO when they bid, partly because of their familiarity with the event, and partly because it shows a higher level of commitment and likely attendance from NSXers in the proposed area.

So stop the whining, and come to Ohio. You'll have a great time! We have lots of unique activities planned, including the track event at arguably the most exciting and challenging driver's racetrack in the country, tours of the assembly plants building Honda and Acura automobiles, and lots of other fun things to enjoy.

Hey i am in columbus so if you want any ideas for where to stay or places to eat let me know. For the person who asked about sushi, there is a palce downtown in the arena district(area around our nationwide arena) called Typhoon. Suppose to be upscale sushi bar! if not there is a bunch of nice places right in that area

Can't wait to drive mid ohio,I have seen it so many times on speed watching the runoffs.Ken just make sure the hotel has FREE breakfast!:biggrin:

The temperatures are extremely pleasant, with a normal high of 65 degrees F.

I don't know Ken... that sounds kind of cold to me:biggrin:

The cars; especially the SCed and turbo ones, really seem to like the 60 degree weather. :rolleyes: :biggrin:
So do the people. I can assure you (since we've had NSXPOs in both weather conditions) that 65 degrees is a lot more pleasant than sweltering in 98 degree heat in the hot desert sun.

Can't think of a better 40th birthday gift for me (and the 50th anniversary of Sputnik too!).

I'll be looking for a rig to take the car there and back. Anybody else in Chicago that wants to take the car (but not drive it there and back) please PM. I'm thinking an 18-wheeler with enclosed room for 4-6 cars maybe. No idea on the cost yet.

I've already marked the days off on my calender and I'm looking foward to the road trip. :biggrin:

Can't think of a better 40th birthday gift for me (and the 50th anniversary of Sputnik too!).

I'll be looking for a rig to take the car there and back. Anybody else in Chicago that wants to take the car (but not drive it there and back) please PM. I'm thinking an 18-wheeler with enclosed room for 4-6 cars maybe. No idea on the cost yet.

Randy,

I will consider the car carrier depending on cost. I just bought a "tow vehicle"; I am now beginning to look at the market for trailers.:eek: [God this IS getting serious]
My current thinking is: I will probably take 2 vehicles, the SUV to carry-all and the NSX for fun. If this works out I may have extra room to carry some items for others.:biggrin:

Well Ohio isnt that far away from TN. I think I just might attend.
However, I am new to the board, and I really dont know anybody.

How friendly is the environment? Just wondering, because if I come up, I will be solo not really knowing a soul.

But, it does sound like a lot of fun though.

Thanks,
Nathan

How friendly is the environment? Just wondering, because if I come up, I will be solo not really knowing a soul.

Thanks,
Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I haven't met anybody yet either, and this will be my first meet (I've been hanging with the local S2000 guys). But so far everyone has been very receptive, friendly and helpful on the site.

If they all shun us, we'll hang out together :biggrin: . The girlfriend will be in Cancun.

Phil.

Hi Nathan,

I haven't met anybody yet either, and this will be my first meet (I've been hanging with the local S2000 guys). But so far everyone has been very receptive, friendly and helpful on the site.

If they all shun us, we'll hang out together :biggrin: . The girlfriend will be in Cancun.

Phil.

:biggrin: My wife will be staying down here in Nashville. Sounds like a plan to me bud. You are right everyone has been very helpful and receptive on this site. But sometimes when gatherings occur, things change unintentionally. I hope not in this case, because most of the NSX owners are adults and not some young kids, which makes a big difference.

Later man.
Nathan

I live just north of Columbus and would like to offer help in setting up this event. Our S2KI community gathers very often and I have some experience with car shows, spirited drives, fund raisers, etc. Just let me know if you need anything from me.

Phil.

Hmmmm, Bosom buddies or Brokeback.:eek: :biggrin:

Shoot, Columbus is a 1000 miles away. However, I may still try to make it. I haven't been to a single expo yet.

Thanks,
Nathan

I will offer my own experience as an example of what you can expect.

I bought my NSX in 1999 and never even saw another one on the road until 2001. I received a mailing in 2001 about something called "NSXPO" and it intrigued me enough to sign up and drive from NY to Wisconsin with a group of people I had never met before the morning of the drive to Wisconsin.

I may not have known anyone prior to that long drive, but since then I consider many NSX owners to be family and count them among my closest friends. I also became so "hooked" on the club that I am in my second term as the Secretary of the NSXCA.

As if that wasn't enough, I was fortunate enough to attend the wedding of fellow club members at NSXPO 2004 and had the unforgettable privilege of giving away the bride. http://www.nsxpo2004.com/page11.html None of that would have occurred if I didn't first decide to attend NSXPO as my first club activity.

When my dad died in December 2005, the funeral was held on Christmas Eve and it was attended by only 11 of my actual family members (my "real" family is small). However, there were 19 NSXers in attendance giving up their Christmas eve morning to support me. I had not known any of them before I joined the club.

And it all started with a "little" drive to Wisconsin with a bunch of "strangers" 6 years ago............

Last edited:

Thanks,
Nathan

Nathan/Phil, NSXPO is a great time and one of the only places you can go where its hard to identify your own car among so many other NSXs. :biggrin:

The Chicago Crew will adopt you for the event or longer if you like; you are always welcome to hang with us; as is any other owners that care to. You know we all have something in common, so it is easy to find things to talk about. All NSX owners that have come to our get together's have always been welcomed as members of the "family". :cool:

Once you attend a national event you will want to attend all the future NSXPOs no matter where they are located.:biggrin:

Back