• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2014 Registration is open!

Registered for both events!! Looking forward to NSXPO #2 for us!

Track Hotel

For those who are staying at the track you will need to call to receive the discounted room rate. The hotel isn't able to offer the rate via the online link. We are updating the website. Sorry for any inconvenience. Discounted rate is 81.00, refundable with a fridge. I believe there is a 79.00 rate available online that is not refundable and doesn't have a fridge. Those with AARP may also find an 79.00 rate, also without a fridge.

Call 419 774 0005 (actual Hotel) or 866 527 1498 (group reservations) using code NSXPO or NSXCA.

I know something you don't know.............

Wait for it.................

Keep waiting........................

I wonder what it will be.........................

Hey..............great to see the NEWS that we received about the NSXPO....................looking forward to it and other still events TBA's..........the Street Party sounds fun and I'm sure it will be a BLAST!!

The thing we just got an email about a few minutes after this post...?

I know something you don't know.............

Wait for it.................

Keep waiting........................

I wonder what it will be.........................

Hi

I know too..just got an email from NSXCA about NSXPO 2014..damn this will be good...I did post earlier about what I thought NSXPO2014 would be. And it looks like I am correct..I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken :)

Best regards

*****BREAKING NEWS FOR NSXPO 2014*****

Folks, we have exciting news to share with you regarding NSXPO 2014!

Marysville and Honda are welcoming us with open arms. Thursday evening, downtown Marysville will be closed to traffic and we will be the center of attention. Our NSXs will be prominently displayed in the streets and there will be live music, food and drinks. There will be vendors and Honda will play a large part in the festivities including a presentation by Honda on why they chose Marysville to build the new TLX and NSX. This event will have the same feel as Honda Homecoming which is hosted by the Honda Goldwing Club of America. It will be a festival like atmosphere that you will not want to miss.

But that’s not all. Mr. Ted Klaus, Chief Engineer of the New NSX, along with a number of his esteemed colleagues will be joining us at our Grand Banquet Saturday night. There will be a panel of experts there to discuss the New NSX and along with time for Q&A.

NSXCA is very happy about all the latest developments and look forward to bringing you even more news as it is confirmed!

Sounds like it's "shaping up" to be another fantastic NSXPO!!! Great to see that Honda is back into the event, maybe they'll surprise us with even more good news!!!! My only regret is that because of two commitments that weekend, Nancy and I won't be able to attend. Don't miss this one!!! It seems that even though our cars are getting older, the owners younger, the "love" that we all share for the car, is best appreciated, when you get over 100 NSX's in a single location, and share that love, knowledge and enthusiasm.
If you've been in the past, you know what I'm talking about, if you haven't been yet, don't delay...............drive your car to Ohio, and see what I'm talking about!!!!

Anyone know of another HPDE insurance company besides lockton? They do not cover single events in mid ohio only multiple events. Thanks

Ji, Is that you who just left a message at one of my shops? Lockton is the only one I am aware of. Anyone else have any leads?

Yes that was me. Going to try ontrackinsurance.com once they answer the phone.

ok, Just got a message to call you. Sorry, I bounce around 4 different locations so catching me at one is near impossible.

Update us please once you have the info.

The guy says he can do multiple event, but not a single when I mention the track is at mid ohio. Let me call back and ask again maybe my English was not good

- - - Updated - - -

Got the same answer from lockton again they can do Multiple event (6 Minimum)for whatever track including mid ohio just no single event Coverage for mid ohio due to state law and such. Lockton for me is out if anyone knows of another company that provides single event coverage please let me know. I'm still trying ontrackinsurance.com it haven't got a reply yet

Last edited:
The guy says he can do multiple event, but not a single when I mention the track is at mid ohio. Let me call back and ask again maybe my English was not good- - - Updated - - -Got the same answer from lockton again they can do Multiple event (6 Minimum)for whatever track including mid ohio just no single event Coverage for mid ohio due to state law and such. Lockton for me is out if anyone knows of another company that provides single event coverage please let me know. I'm still trying ontrackinsurance.com it haven't got a reply yet
I called Lockton and in Ohio, Alabama and a couple other states they only sell multiple event coverage. For my car it's over $2000. I called my insurance carrier (State Farm) and they said that they will cover a performance driving course but, racing is excluded. Since this is not a race and is done with an instructor, I'm covered. So, you might check with your insurance carrier and get it in writing.

For those who need to fly to the event from the east coast -- cheap fares

Frontier Airline is offering extremely awesome fares between Trenton/Princeton and Cleveland (42.00 one way). They are valid during our NSXPO time frame. Parking at the airport is around 5.00 per day (it was free until earlier this year). It is an extremely easy airport to use. Smaller than many city's bus terminals. Frontier is the only commercial carrier so if you're there for a flight it isn't like they are going to leave without you if you get delayed in line. They know anyone in line is there for that flight.

Drive time (for reference) from the city is about 1 hr 15. You probably only need to be at the airport 30 minutes or so before your flight so it makes it really easy to use.

Just saying for those that won't have time to drive out.

Flight also available from Chicago to Cleveland, but think that would just be easier to drive, but being middle-of-the-country ignorant, I'm not sure of drivetimes for normal folks. For me . . . well that's a entirely different time zone ---HA!

Last edited:
Just to add info for those flying to the event...

If you're going to the headquarters hotel in Dublin, it will take roughly 20 minutes driving from Port Columbus Airport (CMH), and a little under two hours from Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE). If you're going to the track, it's located roughly halfway between the two airports, and either drive will take roughly 75 minutes (the same time Carla mentions, but she was probably referring to the drive between New York City and Mercer County Airport, the one serving Trenton/Princeton). Air service and air fares will vary between those two Ohio airports, depending on where you're coming from. Both are major commercial airports; Carla's comments about the airport being easy to use were in reference to Mercer County Airport.

Also note that Frontier is one of the few airlines that charges fees for bringing a carry-on bag, in addition to the more common fees imposed for checked baggage and other amenities.

As for Chicago, flights are available from either Chicago airport to Columbus, to Cleveland, and to Akron/Canton (a smaller airport slightly closer than Cleveland); driving the 310-350 miles from Chicago to the hotel in Dublin takes five hours or so.

Last edited:
Back