• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2014 Registration is open!

Thanks Ken!

That was great that you added the information pertaining to Ohio travel times and though it is always good to be clear I think most folks on the east coast know that the city is NYC. lol The thread title was For those who need to fly to the event from the east coast -- cheap fares , but hey, it is always good to be super clear about things.

I can always count on you to be sure I'm on my toes!

Please take note that our hotel room block currently has ONLY 4 ROOMS LEFT!!! We have not even completed making new event announcements and we are trying to get more rooms included but I tried to point out this could be a sellout. If you are planning on trying to attend please register and book asap to avoid being shut out. This is not a cars and coffee or similar event where you can just "drop by". If you are not registered and issued credentials, you will not be permitted to attend the events.

Things are changing!

Hey everyone,

On our official announcement post we did not have any Honda/Acura involvement we could speak of. Since then........

Not only did Honda/ Acura step up last year in NC now they are on board in big ways for 2014. They are becoming a major sponsor now and I am working closely with the people I need to to make this year amazing. We have some large announcements coming up today and tomorrow. Head over to nsxpo2014.com to see the latest news. You WILL NOT want to miss this year.

Brian

- - - Updated - - -

Just a tease of one of the announcements! teaser.jpg

Please take note that our hotel room block currently has ONLY 4 ROOMS LEFT!!! We have not even completed making new event announcements and we are trying to get more rooms included but I tried to point out this could be a sellout. If you are planning on trying to attend please register and book asap to avoid being shut out. This is not a cars and coffee or similar event where you can just "drop by". If you are not registered and issued credentials, you will not be permitted to attend the events.
FYI ..I just tried booking and got a message that there were no more rooms available at the special rate .. and gave me options for other rooms in the $180-200 range.

I hope they can make more rooms available. If not, hotels next door or across the street include a Hilton Garden Inn, Extended Stay America, and Red Roof Inn.

Last edited:
FYI ..I just tried booking and got a message that there were no more rooms available at the special rate .. and gave me options for other rooms in the $180-200 range.

I have secured another 20 rooms at Embassy Thurs / Fri / Sat

We have also secured rooms at The Extended Stay America next door to the Embassy Suites.

See the Hotel link on the NSXPO2014.com site to book that if need be.

http://www.nsxpo2014.com/#!hotel--social-/c1srq

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!

Honda supports NSXPO 2014!!

Thanks to Ted Klaus, Chief Engineer Large Project Division American Honda, Honda and the NSXCA are joining forces!.

Brian Urlage, NSXPO 2014 Chair, reconnected with Ted Klaus ( Large Project Leader for the next NSX ). Ted was passionate about the NSX team being a part of the event and he wanted to help us make it a success. Honda is stepping up in big ways to support our group and it is greatly appreciated. Ted has organized folks from all over Marysville and Union county Ohio to rally behind us and bring us some amazing things.

Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity

A very special group of individuals will be selected for a VIP Marysville Auto Plant Tour - home of the all new 2015 Acura TLX. Details for the method of selection and the exact number admitted will be announced on Monday. You must be a paid registered attendee at the time of the announcement to be considered for the tour.

Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity

NSXPO Social attendees will visit the hallowed grounds of Honda’s Research and Development Building in Raymond, Ohio for a special presentation by Ted and other members of his team on Saturday, October 18.

Though the next generation NSX will not be available to attendees, this presentation will be about Honda’s Research and Development.

Roger Schroer, driver of the Buckeye Bullet 3 will join us along with Girgio Rizzoni, Director, Center for Automotive Research and Professor at Ohio State University. After a group photo at the Honda R&D building attendees will traveling across the Honda R&D bridge to the Transportation Research Center (TRC) to take our cars out on the 7 ½ mile long High Speed Test Track.

You’ll get a chance to refuel at lunch and for those up are up to it, will take they can continue their adventure with a winding road tour (twisties anyone?) to explore their NSX’s abilities amidst Ohio’s gorgeous fall color.

Ted and his team will be back to join us for the Saturday evening cocktail hour and banquet where he will once again, make himself available to attendees and our questions.

Honda is also providing some very special memorabilia that has not been offered anywhere as part of Live Auction. Bring your dollars and don’t miss this opportunity to purchase NSX Prototype goodies!

In conjunction with the Marysville NSX nite as previously announced, the City Of Marysville is now making a proclamation of that day being “NSX DAY” In Marysville!

We are excited to have Honda join with the NSXCA in creating what will be an unforgettable event. We all want to express our sincere gratitude for their generosity and recognition of the NSXCA, their members and our very special cars.

We can’t wait to see you all in Ohio in October!

Brian Urlage
NSXPO Chairman

Was perusing Prime over lunch and saw this tidbit above. FANTASTIC! Reservation booked a few weeks ago, will start sorting thru my memorabilia this weekend (LINK), and may go out and buy a few extra Wonka bars before Monday hoping to find a Golden Ticket. Thanks for the fun news Brian!

I have secured another 20 rooms at Embassy Thurs / Fri / Sat

We have also secured rooms at The Extended Stay America next door to the Embassy Suites.

See the Hotel link on the NSXPO2014.com site to book that if need be.

http://www.nsxpo2014.com/#!hotel--social-/c1srq
OK .. tried using the NSXPO2014 site again this morning on two separate computers .. and still getting 'rate not available'. Did the 20 rooms sell out already since your last post? Sorry to be a pain.

Brian - if they haven't changed their rules, there are NO CAMERAS ALLOWED at the TRC. We were able to get permission for one official photographer (me) in 2007. This includes a ban on cell phone pics as well. You should check the policy and make arrangements to designate someone willing to be a photographer for everyone at TRC.

Brian - if they haven't changed their rules, there are NO CAMERAS ALLOWED at the TRC. We were able to get permission for one official photographer (me) in 2007. This includes a ban on cell phone pics as well. You should check the policy and make arrangements to designate someone willing to be a photographer for everyone at TRC.

There are some other events included where there will be no cameras or phones allowed. We will advised all attendees in their guidebooks about the limitations of those events and the consequences for those that ignore those requirements and of course will reiterate that during NSXPO as well.

Good advice about a site photographer. I know Brian is handling photographers for NSXPO and though we are going to really miss having you and Alan there I know that Tony, along with many other talented members are going to step up and try to fill your VERY BIG SHOES. Of course, knowing you wear those oversized shoes makes it difficult, but . . . .

we'll try. :)))))

There are some other events included where there will be no cameras or phones allowed. We will advised all attendees in their guidebooks about the limitations of those events and the consequences for those that ignore those requirements and of course will reiterate that during NSXPO as well.

Good advice about a site photographer. I know Brian is handling photographers for NSXPO and though we are going to really miss having you and Alan there I know that Tony, along with many other talented members are going to step up and try to fill your VERY BIG SHOES. Of course, knowing you wear those oversized shoes makes it difficult, but . . . .

we'll try. :)))))

And if you are going to use the Tower again to shoot from, make sure that the Tower photog has a two way radio and can communicate with the members very far below to help stage the shots via a radio.

Embassy Suites Update and Staybridge Suites

OK .. tried using the NSXPO2014 site again this morning on two separate computers .. and still getting 'rate not available'. Did the 20 rooms sell out already since your last post? Sorry to be a pain.

Not being a pain at all and we wish that the Embassy Suites could have accommodated all attendees.

The Embassy Suites was able to add on 20 rooms for Friday and Saturday only. Though this isn't quite the perfect solution, those who would like to stay at the host hotel for at least part of the event can book rooms for those 2 days. Friday and Saturday we will be eating dinner at the hotel so this might be something that some folks will want.

The Staybridge Suites can accommodate attendees on any of the nights from Wednesday through Sunday whether you want to stay there the entire time or not. The Staybridge Suites is a 4 minute walk on level terrain to the Embassy Suites. When you book your room with the Staybridge Suites let them know you are with NSXPO / NSXCA.

If you experience any issues with booking your rooms you can also contact me at [email protected]. It is helpful for both Brian and I to know about any issues just on the of chance we are not on Prime when you post. It happens sometimes!

Finally, if we sell out of the rooms we have blocked at the Staybridge Suites over the weekend, I'd suggest booking your room there at the lowest rate you can find and then email Brian or myself. We can switch your rooms to our expanded group block on Monday when the appropriate staff is available at the hotel.

Don't let any room difficulties / issues delay your registering for NSXPO. Remember only those who are registered by Monday's email blast announcement will have the opportunity to be selected for the new 2015 Acura TLX factory tour.

- - - Updated - - -

Well as many of you have experienced from the various River Runs and perhaps last year's NSXPO, my voice does carry!!

Thanks Bob. All good advice. Appreciate being able to use your experience there.

Remember only those who are registered by Monday's email blast announcement will have the opportunity to be selected for the new 2015 Acura TLX factory tour.

Hi

24/7 now I wear my lucky underwear hoping to be the chosen one. This is not the time to go commando.

Best regards

This all great news and I am so glad I registered a few weeks ago and reserved the rooms as well, for my First NSXPO! We were determined to come along whatever was planned by the organizers as I know from looking at the pics of previous events that it was always going to epic.

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone we met in 2010 at Fiesta in Japan. Great effort by the organising group, well done!

Details for the method of selection and the exact number admitted will be announced on Monday.

Now it is clearly Monday morning 1130 am here in Australia, so does that mean we can get in early for the factory tour selection?? :smile:

Cheers, Scott and Dean

Looking forward to meeting you folks from Down Under. I guess Martin won't win longest distance traveled again at this year's event. :biggrin:

Looking forward to meeting you folks from Down Under. I guess Martin won't win longest distance traveled again at this year's event. :biggrin:

but I keep on coming back to not win year after year after year :smile:

Best regards

ATTENTION!

With all the late breaking news on this NSXPO We have decided to extend the Early Bird registration through September 21st. Sites and info being corrected of the change now.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Back