• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsxtasy - am i the only one realizing he's missing?

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
So what I dont understand here, is why isnt he posting?

I'm not speaking for him, but I feel that it's somewhat of the general direction the board has taken in the past year or so. It used to be what I would term a rather high end place for fellow owners to meet up, but we are seeing more and more posters who call people out, lack respect for other users, and bring (what some may term) low class things to the table (one example being pics of scantily clad women that don't have much if any to do with the car itself).

There are other reasons that I'm privy too, but I'll leave that to Ken to answer.

So your saying that this forum is basicly degrading it self slowly? I mean, we do have some interesting off topic discussions and there are a few project NSXs around that we all keep tabs on. I think, from when I joined, around April I think, that this site is getting better, then again you have all been here longer and what not so you guys know whats really changing around here.

If you want the site to be better, create better threads and/or post informative and helpful responses.

Prime is, by far, the most helpful and mature forum specific to the NSX - and arguably the entire online automotive community.

Ken is alive and well he was at our Midwest Brunch last month...BTW Happy Turkey Day Ken !!!! :biggrin:

Hi

I'm with Neo on this one.. How could we know that all this is real?

I have a feeling that it isn't. :biggrin:

Regards

Ken told me he'd stopped posting because there's too much sniping.

I see his point. But to keep things in perspective, I think
this place is still relatively civilized for an online forum.

Tom239 said:
Ken told me he'd stopped posting because there's too much sniping.

I see his point. But to keep things in perspective, I think
this place is still relatively civilized for an online forum.

Hi

I think things have cooled down a lot since I posted my "therapy" thread.

Things where nasty around those times, but I think it is a lot better now.

Regards

Maybe,but when you spend as much time on prime as Ken did,you are a larger more visible target to those who feel compeled to "spit into the wind,pull on supermans' cape" yada yada :frown:

So if I understand this properly, he is afraid of being picked on? I think he should keep posting and not care. He has over 18, 000+ posts, it seems like he's the grandfather of this site. He shouldnt have to be afraid of being sniped by people, those who would be the snipers should be afriad of him if anything.

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
So if I understand this properly, he is afraid of being picked on? I think he should keep posting and not care. He has over 18, 000+ posts, it seems like he's the grandfather of this site. He shouldnt have to be afraid of being sniped by people, those who would be the snipers should be afriad of him if anything.

If everyone started ripping me after I posted I would go somewhere else as well. It gets old defending yourself constantly, especially if you can go somewhere else where your posts are appreciated. I would say it's a moderators job to police these sorts of things by locking threads, or suspending troublemakers when things get out of hand. In my view, that doesn't appear to be being done in some instances.

On another note, I think most of those who attack him don't even know him personally. If they did, we wouldn't see this sort of behavior.

That is one of the drawbacks of the internet, being anonymous is a benefit, allowing one to say things they wouldn't necessarily say to ones face. Alot of things I agree with Ken on, but once in a blue moon I don't. However, if we were ever in conversation at the track and talking about a subject I don't agree with him on, I wouldn't have a problem respectfully disagreeing, but I for sure wouldn't act like an ass to his face telling him what an idiot I thought he was for thinking such a way. This is what is being done here.

comquat1 said:
I would say it's a moderators job to police these sorts of things by locking threads, or suspending troublemakers when things get out of hand. In my view, that doesn't appear to be being done in some instances.

Hi

A lot of threads got out of hand and should have been stopped by a moderator. That is maybe why we now got a new moderator to keep an eye on us. And since I have not seen anything nasty in a while it may be working well.

I agree on what you say. I am a member of many forums and I see the quality of both posts and people's attitude go up and down.

We have a great place here and I really enjoy hanging out here. Ken is lurking and does not post. That's okey. As long as he is here he will maybe start posting when he thinks the time is right.

Let us not dwell on this. I think we should go back to our regular program now :smile:

Regards

I bet the mod is a great person, but he should be infact going through each thread to see what people are saying and/or bashing eachother. I dont want to be rude to the mod what so ever, but we should vote every year for a mod. Thats what I think it should be. No disresoect to him.

I too have noticed a "degradation" in the forum as some have put it, but I think it has only been a few new members that have stirred the bee's nest. We have gotten a few trolls here and there starting drama. The site still remains top notch in my opinion. Sometimes I do feel that there are not any interesting topics going on. I have resoldered the contact points on my main relay, modded my parking lights to flash with the factory alarm, gotten the "blues", all thanks to this wonderful forum.

Oh , and I enjoy the T&A pics, as long as their is a NSW warning on the topic, i see nothing wrong with it.

NSX 3.0 said:
If you click on nsxtasy's user name and scroll down to find more posts you will see his last post was 9-21-05.

:redface: Sorry, guess I was over anxious with my post. I'll be more careful in the future, it was just exciting to see one of his post. Personally, I respected his opinion.

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
I bet the mod is a great person, but he should be infact going through each thread to see what people are saying and/or bashing eachother. I dont want to be rude to the mod what so ever, but we should vote every year for a mod. Thats what I think it should be. No disresoect to him.

Hi

Well the stats as of right now is:

Threads: 58,036, Posts: 528,904, Members: 10,249

It would be a impossible job to be everywhere. I am not sure how many mods there are, but maybe there have been too few since a lot of "hateposts" have slipped by them?

On my local Club Honda forum the stats are:

Threads: 11,941, Posts: 122,855, Members: 1,166

I have 3-5 moderators that monitor on a daily basis for me on that forum.

There are always some trolls that need to be watched. We have a admin forum where they are discussed so every mod is up to date on who to watch and what to react on.

I have great respect for those that work as a mod. It is a lot of work. I am pretty sure they get more abuse than thank you's too for there hard work.

So I would like to salute them and give them two thumbs up :smile:

Regards

Back