• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsxtasy - am i the only one realizing he's missing?

RP-Motorsports said:
We are working to submit a midwest location, to be announced officially if we win the bid.

Aren't future NSXPO locations suppose to be kept underwraps until after the upcoming/current one is over?
For example: I live in California and NSXPO 2006 is in Florida and I know that in 2007 it is going to be in California, so I just wait and don't even consider Florida because it's too far.

ANYTIME said:
Aren't future NSXPO locations suppose to be kept underwraps until after the upcoming/current one is over?
For example: I live in California and NSXPO 2006 is in Florida and I know that in 2007 it is going to be in California, so I just wait and don't even consider Florida because it's too far.

re-read my post. I said that the midwest (huge area) is looking to submit a bid, along with others from around the USA. IF (big IF) we are lucky enough to win, then obviously at an official time a location would be announced. "Midwest" could be anywhere amongst 15+ states. I am sure that the west, northwest, central, and east could also be submitting for 07.

I never said where, and it is NOT decided yet. Bids need to be submitted, and then the winner is picked and announced. There could be multiple regions that submit a bid. The NSXCA board looks them over, and they pick the best one, trying to rotate around the US. Example if Texas submits a great bid, but so does the east coast, or midwest, they will look at the Midwest and East, over Texas, du to the fact that NSXPO was just held in AZ.

All that I know so far is that Orlando/Sebring is 06, and 07 is undecided at this time.

Off Topic

ANYTIME said:
Aren't future NSXPO locations supposed to be kept “under wraps” until after the upcoming / current one is over?

1 - Yes.

2 - How are you privy to the venue for NSXPO 2007? Is it a guarantee that the event will be in California vs a competing state that may not have already hosted an NSXPO, seeing how California already has done so twice?

Not to continue hijacking this thread, but the location of NSXPOs is decided by the NSXCA Board of Directors based upon the Board's review of submitted bids. The time for submitting the bid for NSXPO 2007 will be announced shortly and generally the winning bid will be chosen in late winter 2006. Any region is permitted to submit a bid regardless of the number of times that region has hosted an NSXPO. Naturally, the more bids that are submitted the more choices the Board has and that is why it is incumbent upon each region interested in hosting an NSXPO to do the necessary planning and put together a comprehensive and feasible package in order to be considered for the bid award.

NO BIDS have been submitted for NSXPO 2007 because the time in which to do so has not yet been announced. However, it is no secret that one region has taken the initiative to seek organizers in order to begin planning a bid submission. It is not enough to say that you want to hold it in your backyard; rather it takes a tremendous amount of time to plan and submit a bid that must include info on the host hotel, track, ideas for social activities and a planning committee that is organized enough to have the details included in the bid far in advance of the dates proposed.

Since I was part of the '05 organizing committee, I'll give the breakdown of events as I understand them regarding NSXPOs.

The board of directors of the NSXCA does decide on the location of NSXPOs. The process begins with the NSXCA BoD soliciting bids to host NSXPO (which hasn't occured yet for '07, but typically happens sometime in the first couple months of the new year). Organizing committees from various regions then submit their proposal by the due date established by the NSXCA BoD in order to be considered.

The BoD selects the proposal that they feel is the best prepared and best fits the needs of the membership. Recent NSXPO locations aren't necessarily the deciding factor as I understand it, but it certainly is a factor. It is nice to have NSXPO move from region to region in order for all members to have an NSXPO in their region from time to time. However, if more than one proposal is submitted they will definitely be looking for the bid that appears most organized and the group that is most committed since it is a vast, long undertaking. Also keep in mind that location doesn't necessarily mean physical distance between two places (Arizona and Texas let's say since it was an example used earlier), as those states are actually in different regions.

Once the selection is made, it typically is announced at the NSXPO preceding the proposed one or close to that time anyway. ANYTIME makes a good point in that the selected location should be kept under wraps until officially announced to encourage participation from all regions at that current years location. For example, in '04 it was relatively unknown where '05 was going to be held (the BoD did ask the organizing commitee from AZ to keep it under wraps until the official announcement), but this year it appeared to be widely known that '06 was going to be in FL well in advance of the official announcement.

From talking to a number of people at '05 there appears to be several groups interested in submitting bids for '07 which is great. The more competition in the bid process will hopefully lead to better NSXPOs. Sorry for the lengthy post, but hopefully this provides a bit of a comprehensive look at the process as I understand it.

Holy crap...I guess my post was long since Yellow Rose & RSO both posted after I started typing.

I think ANYTIME was using the CA in '07 merely for illustrative purposes, hence his wording of "For example:". I don't think he meant to suggest that '07 was decided, since it hasn't as Bob mentioned.

My apologies too for the continuation of the thread hijack....but it is fitting this happened in a thread concerning Ken since he has been instrumental in the club with NSXPOs. :tongue:

Back on topic Please!

Lest the forum Nazi will strike you down like the blow of Thor's hammer.

image.php

Now lets set some ground rules for kens return:

1) Play nice, Ken built & designed the NSX sandbox in 1991.

2) Opinions are such. Ken is fact.

3) Unless you have the actual blueprints and designed the damn thing, then
do not be an alligator: "All mouth and no ears."

Of course this list is in jest. But it can be applied to a lot of situations.

A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top. ~Author Unknown.

After visiting NSXPO, i don't think NSX Prime is changing. There were a lot of great guys. I think we've all paid too much attention to the handful of flame wars we've had. At the risk of sounding like a naive optimist, it's time to focus on how GOOD this web site is and the *majority* of its users.

BTW, nobody has noticed Ken's disappearance correlates to my lack of posts lately. However, i cannot confirm or deny the existance of any conspiracy. :p :D

pbassjo said:
One fellow I think is very knowledgeable and I miss hearing from is sjs.

I can tell you that he is actively conversing with NSXers behind the scenes... Save me big time this weekend with a needed part from his parts bin... He has also been working hard at his SCCA racing efforts... As well as working a full time schedule... I think he is just posting to the pertinent matters... There hasn't been any real technical issues lately..
SJS, KPond, BZublin,Mark(s) and the like usually pop up for the really cool technical stuff... Judging by some of the newly mentioned developments, I think things will be popping off in no time...

Add DanO, Ed (NsxBuilder) and a few others to that list.

White94 said:
Add DanO, Ed (NsxBuilder) and a few others to that list.

I recently saw a post from DanO, he has never been a high volume poster, seems to only post when he has something valuable to add to a topic.

Funny thread.

I'm sure Ken's fine.

I was offline from NSX Prime for the last 7-8 days as well. I had some travel, and a bunch of catch-up work to do from NSXPO. I didnt' open a single NSX Prime page. I figured when I was somewhat caught up with my things I'd come back and read what I missed.

I was offline from most web sites the last week. I only checked email a few times a day. Amazing how productive one can be without the web!!! :eek:

Back