• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

O2 Oxygen Sensor: part recommendation

Hey guys,

I need to replace my O2 Oxygen Sensor. I was wondering what exact model/manufacture you guys recommend or should I stick with an OEM O2 Oxygen Sensor?

Check Engine Light: Code P0161- 02 Sensor- Heater: Bank 2 Sensor 2

Thanks!

any help, always appreciated!

Last edited:
I just replaced all 4 of my O2 Sensors and used the DENSO brand. I bought them from www.sparkplugs.com Best price I could find anywhere.

I bought the "OE Identicle" which came with the matching connectors etc. All is good and no problems. They also offer the NGK and Bosche.

Good luck.

I just replaced all 4 of my O2 Sensors and used the DENSO brand. I bought them from www.sparkplugs.com Best price I could find anywhere.

I bought the "OE Identicle" which came with the matching connectors etc. All is good and no problems. They also offer the NGK and Bosche.

Good luck.

awesome thanks!

which 02 sensor do i need?

Post or pre? front or rear?

thanks!

Bank 2 is FRONT
Sensor 2 is POST Cat.

At least that's what the manual says.

Yes ...

PM me your e-mail address and I will send you the Emissions Location page from the manual.

That could also be called "after"(post) cat or "secondary":)

Hey guys,

I need to replace my O2 Oxygen Sensor

DENSO brand. I bought them from www.sparkplugs.com Best price I could find anywhere.

I bought the "OE Identicle" which came with the matching connectors etc.

So I would need a Post Front?

1)02 Oxygen Sensor:Check Engine Light: Code P0161- 02 Sensor- Heater: Bank 2 Sensor 2= Post Front 02 Sensor (correct ?)??
2)Denso OE Identicle has everything I need and works just as good as OEM?

Thanks,

Just trying to eliminate ordering the wrong one!

1)02 Oxygen Sensor:Check Engine Light: Code P0161- 02 Sensor- Heater: Bank 2 Sensor 2= Post Front 02 Sensor (correct ?)??
2)Denso OE Identicle has everything I need and works just as good as OEM?

Thanks,

Just trying to eliminate ordering the wrong one!

1) Yes ... Front Seconday (Post) is what you need.

2) I used the Denso Brand and had no problems. Connectors matched right up and the MIL is gone. Worked for me.

Good luck

awesome!

thanks for everyone help, just places order! Hoping to replace it next wkd!

thanks guys!

Just saw this thread and wanted to get your thoughts. Road trip last week, everything working well, easy roll up to about 110 from 70 and CEL came on solid. All gauges and performance unchanged and working good, still went back to 70 and CEL still on solid. Got to destination and visual inspection showed nothing amiss, all gauges still normal. Start up in morning CEL out didn't show rest of trip no matter what I did. When I got home I jumped blue plug and CEL blinked at about on-off-off-off-on-off-off-off-on about as fast as you read this for as long as the ignition was on. I took this to be a code 1 O2 sensor. Nothing else showed up. I didn't clear the ECU yet, thought I'd see if anyone had any other thoughts. Car runs flawlessly. Thanks.

Replaced 02 sensor, reset ecu and code cleared!!

thanks for everyones help!

Glad to hear everything worked out. Thanks to Prime ... we can all help each other out!

Glad to hear everything worked out. Thanks to Prime ... we can all help each other out!

yes sir!!! I would be completely lost with out all the help iv received thru prime and its gracious members!

The dealership would be making great friends with my bank account otherwise...

another sensor has gone on my car....

PO141:O2S Heater Circuit 1/2 Malfunction: Rear Secondary Sensor: Bank 1, Sensor 2.

that being said, I am looking for an After (cats) Rear sensor correct?

Thanks!!

Primary = Before Cat
Secondary = After Cat

HTH,
LarryB

another sensor has gone on my car....

PO141:O2S Heater Circuit 1/2 Malfunction: Rear Secondary Sensor: Bank 1, Sensor 2.

that being said, I am looking for an After (cats) Rear sensor correct?

Thanks!!

Primary = Before Cat
Secondary = After Cat

HTH,
LarryB

does anyone know the part number for the OEM OS sensor for Rear Secondary (after cats rear) Sensor? My local acura dealership would not give me the part number but they can order it of course....

does anyone know the part number for the OEM OS sensor for Rear Secondary (after cats rear) Sensor? My local acura dealership would not give me the part number but they can order it of course....

All Part numbers can be found here:):

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/

For the 02 sensor secondary rear: 36542-PR7-A01

You can see it here, #18:

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org...omp=List All&vinnoT=&trim=&trans=&view=normal

Although the search criteria above is for a 1997, the 1998 is the same;).

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
All Part numbers can be found here:):

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/

For the 02 sensor secondary rear: 36542-PR7-A01

You can see it here, #18:

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org...omp=List All&vinnoT=&trim=&trans=&view=normal

Although the search criteria above is for a 1997, the 1998 is the same;).

Regards,
LarryB

LarryB,

thanks as always!! I really appreciate all your help over the years! Trully an asset to nsx community.

thank you and thanks prime!

another CEL light.

P0135
heater bank 1 sensor 1 = rear primary sensor

ill have to double check part but the one I picked up from advaced auto seems like I'd have to do some sodering.

looks like sold me the wrong part...

from what i've found, 234-4092 or part 234-4099....think 2nd one is correct.

Last edited:
Hello. I have looked & looked for directions on changing my O2 sensors. I want to see if I can do this myself. Can anyone point me to this? I do have access to a 2 post lift.
1995 NSX-T 5 speed
Thank you for all the knoweldge & help on NSX Prime!

Back