• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM might close or stop distributing parts

NSX rubber parts need to be update and bracket is good but the rubber parts is wearing out so ask for stock and they have more than 100 stocks just the price went up about twice as much tho.

16836078734727162158814563609221.jpg

I was hoping Honda would have more love for their halo cars like Nissan has. That may not be the case. There's a 6spd trans part that I was in the process of replication for a friend due to unavailability from Honda so there will be ways but it's almost like moving heaven and earth in terms of effort.

It's time to sell your NSX or buy a complete donor car to stuff in the closet.

I was hoping Honda would have more love for their halo cars like Nissan has. That may not be the case. There's a 6spd trans part that I was in the process of replication for a friend due to unavailability from Honda so there will be ways but it's almost like moving heaven and earth in terms of effort.

It's time to sell your NSX or buy a complete donor car to stuff in the closet.
I wonder when this would start to effect car prices.

If potential buyers start to realize that you can't get parts for the car I'd assume that it would nosedive the values of the cars? Especially cars with higher mileage.

If Honda decides to not support the car anymore one would hope we could convince them to release CAD drawings or the like so we could get them replicated. Unlikely, but maybe?

They should do what Detroit does; either give ( or sell for minimal cost ) the specs and tooling away to a cottage industry so they can make parts for the collector car market. It's a win for everybody - it keeps Honda's legacy alive and we keep our cars on the road. Treating the NSX like a TV to be tossed in the dump when it is old is part of the reason why Honda is considered a commodity car company good for making Civics and CRVs but not supercars like the European OEMs who realize how important history is to today's sales.

Last edited:
おもろ

With regard to this thread and others in the past dealing with the same questions/potential issues of NSX future parts availability – try to view the situation in the same vein as the Dino (also called Ferrari Dino).
Mid-engined 6 cylinder sportscars, 3,5xx model 246GT and 246 GTS’s manufactured between the 1969-1974 model years.
Recognizing that Dino/Ferrari parts for these cool cars are no longer available and there is virtually zero “knock-off” or aftermarket parts for it, has it hurt Dino values at all? Certainly NOT. They are very treasured, and a decent example will set you back $350-650 thousand dollars. They are more in demand than ever. Of course I get the far-lesser production numbers but still.
We are fortunate to have aftermarket components and parts available. With modern fabrication and the increasing popularity of 3D printing I’m betting we’ll be just fine. Owning multiple NSX’s I am not very worried about the situation at this time, although I wish OEM windshields were available in perpetuity.

With regard to this thread and others in the past dealing with the same questions/potential issues of NSX future parts availability – try to view the situation in the same vein as the Dino (also called Ferrari Dino).
Mid-engined 6 cylinder sportscars, 3,5xx model 246GT and 246 GTS’s manufactured between the 1969-1974 model years.
Recognizing that Dino/Ferrari parts for these cool cars are no longer available and there is virtually zero “knock-off” or aftermarket parts for it, has it hurt Dino values at all? Certainly NOT. They are very treasured, and a decent example will set you back $350-650 thousand dollars. They are more in demand than ever. Of course I get the far-lesser production numbers but still.
We are fortunate to have aftermarket components and parts available. With modern fabrication and the increasing popularity of 3D printing I’m betting we’ll be just fine. Owning multiple NSX’s I am not very worried about the situation at this time, although I wish OEM windshields were available in perpetuity.
Do you think the Dino would be worth more if it had parts availability? I do agree that 3D printing will help with the discontinued plastic parts.

Do you think the Dino would be worth more if it had parts availability? I do agree that 3D printing will help with the discontinued plastic parts.
You can also print in plastic and then have it scanned and CNC'd in metal.

I have news that Honda will be discontinuing about 100 parts by the end of the year. The ABS modulators have now been officially discontinued; and shops around here have started looking at AP1 Modulators as an alternative.

Also there are talks that important component parts will only be available through the refresh center. If your car isn't submitted to there, you're not getting them.

I have news that Honda will be discontinuing about 100 parts by the end of the year. The ABS modulators have now been officially discontinued; and shops around here have started looking at AP1 Modulators as an alternative.

Also there are talks that important component parts will only be available through the refresh center. If your car isn't submitted to there, you're not getting them.
Bummer. Any idea on the list of discontinued parts?

Bummer. Any idea on the list of discontinued parts?
Lots of key components. Mostly to do with transmission I believe. Full list hasn't come out yet. But lots of shafts, braces, gears. Brake systems.

Is the refresh facility still in operation? I thought I saw a “final post” about them from the Route KS guys A few months ago?

Is the refresh facility still in operation? I thought I saw a “final post” about them from the Route KS guys A few months ago?
Yes it's still running. Last I heard, it would go to at least 2030.

Yes, refresh program is still alive. They have all the NSX modulators btw. The refresh program has about 30 or so new modulators that passed inspection. They won't be for sale. It seems like if new modulators are made, they will go only to the refresh centers.

Last edited:
Back