• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM parts

Hi,

A while back iirc we can order from oemacuraparts.com with free shipping or some sort of perks. Can anyone confirm or recommend a place online where we can still order oem parts? Many thanks!!

As mentioned, check out Amayama.com. If you select the currency, they will quote in Cdn $ and bill in Cdn$ at a very good exchange rate (better than the banks). Because they bill in Cdn $ you avoid the credit card currency exchange admin charges (and bank exchange rates) that can add 3 -5% to the cost. Shipping costs from Japan are cheaper than shipping from the US and right now are much, much faster. The last package of parts I ordered arrived in 7 or 9 days (can't remember exactly). Finally, Amayama's price will be significantly lower than the North American on-line vendors 90+ % of the time.

Last edited:
Hi,

A while back iirc we can order from oemacuraparts.com with free shipping or some sort of perks. Can anyone confirm or recommend a place online where we can still order oem parts? Many thanks!!

I ordered some items from oemacuraparts.com other month. I called ahead to make sure all parts were in stock. Guy named Tim, which I think maybe owner, was very helpful and polite. You can get free shipping with your NSXCA member number.

I ordered some items from oemacuraparts.com other month. I called ahead to make sure all parts were in stock. Guy named Tim, which I think maybe owner, was very helpful and polite. You can get free shipping with your NSXCA member number.

Tim is the parts manager and has been around for a very long time. I used to order parts from him all the time.

Tim is the parts manager and has been around for a very long time. I used to order parts from him all the time.

Thanks for info.

Just got my 91 in September and going through various parts and learning alot about car and how hard it can be to find parts. I also ordered parts from Mita. After 1 week of no confirmation on my order I received a email that it was shipped via FEDEX International Priority which I got the part in 1 day after shipping. I don't think they normally ship this way as it must of been a fortune.

I was looking at some additional parts from Amayama.com but odd that they don't show US model as option on car to verify. Has anyone from US ordered from them and how was experience?

Thanks for info.

Just got my 91 in September and going through various parts and learning alot about car and how hard it can be to find parts. I also ordered parts from Mita. After 1 week of no confirmation on my order I received a email that it was shipped via FEDEX International Priority which I got the part in 1 day after shipping. I don't think they normally ship this way as it must of been a fortune.

I was looking at some additional parts from Amayama.com but odd that they don't show US model as option on car to verify. Has anyone from US ordered from them and how was experience?

Amayama is not a good option for LHD Acura-specific parts. I suspect there may be a legal issue there. They are my go-to for "universal" NSX parts. For LHD stuff, you've got two options if Acura (Tim) does not stock them: Mita and ATR Parts. I tend to use Mita because their shipping is better from Japan vs. Austria, but ATR has lots of stuff too.

Whenever I cannot find parts in the US (backordered), MITA has been a really good resource!

Thanks for info...

My pleasure. I also see that you're just down I-95 a little. There is a great NSX tech in W. Broward. Foreign Honda Tech. Dwight is the owner and did all the service on my 1994 NSX while I owned it for 15yrs.

If you need any local assistance I can help you. I used to do a lot of DIY.

Then I got a NC1 and it turned out to be the worst decision/car that I ever owned. (That was for you Moderator. :D)

-Doc.

oemacuraparts.com -- yes, Tim Poliniak is the parts guy to speak with. This is through a dealer in AZ. One thing though -- if you call there it is not always Tim who answers -- important to deal with Tim as he has very good knowledge of the NSX parts catalogue and he's a genuinely good guy who has worked with a lot of NSX owners on Prime.

I've purchased some parts from Mita Motorsports (Marc Perez) and despite fact that they are in Japan, there are no communication issues and Marc (at least in my dealings with him) has been very responsive and great to deal with. I decided to pick up a bunch of OEM suspension parts for when I decide to do a suspension refresh including springs and struts/shocks that are no longer available here in the US -- was no issue sourcing them from Marc.

One other source you may want to consider is A.S. Motorsports in the Netherlands -- proprietor's name is Adnan if I recall correctly. He's done some custom parts that are no longer available from Honda/Acura -- for example my /94 is not drive by wire -- I have a throttle cable -- Adnan did a run of reproduction cables that some of the NSX guys here in MI bought jut to have on hand in case.......... Adnan stocks some OEM parts as well.

Best,
Jeff

My pleasure. I also see that you're just down I-95 a little. There is a great NSX tech in W. Broward. Foreign Honda Tech. Dwight is the owner and did all the service on my 1994 NSX while I owned it for 15yrs.

If you need any local assistance I can help you. I used to do a lot of DIY.

Then I got a NC1 and it turned out to be the worst decision/car that I ever owned. (That was for you Moderator. :D)

-Doc.
[MENTION=3821]DocL[/MENTION] Good afternoon! Just got my 1991 NSX as well and would love for a fellow NSX owner to take a look at it. Having a hard time understanding what noises are normal vs. not normal, and a face to face with a fellow owner or owners would be awesome! Also in the fort lauderdale area!

Kind Regards,
Joa

[MENTION=38468]Joa[/MENTION] I would definitely connect with [MENTION=3821]DocL[/MENTION]. He will be able to help you with first steps on your 91 for sure.

Back