• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official SoCal "Sighting" Thread - post all your NSX sightings here!

Red w/ black roof and aftermarket wheels on Northbound 57 fwy going through Fullerton and entering Brea around 7 p.m. last night. I passed you in my truck.

Almost forgot...while I was heading north on the 405 this morning, I saw a silver NSX on 405 south while I was stuck in traffic around La Tijera and a black NSX on 405 south while I was STILL in traffic around the 90.

I was not in my NSX today either. :(

You spotted one of the 3.8L NSX's

Jon's handiwork? How many are there now?

Re: 3 Pack at Irvine Shopping Center

I saw (3) NSX's parked at Irvine Shopping Center this morning at 9:30. Looks like one was just purchased off the lot. I drove by with my NA1 to Kragens to fix something real quick. What a way to start off my new apartment in Irvine :biggrin:.

A green, a red, and a silver? Then it's us :) We went to the C&C Mazda zoom zoom event, and felt like some soy milk and baked goods from Ranch after.

I'll add my sighting. Yellow NSX with black hood on 405 southbound this past Monday around 11am.

Last edited:
Spotted black NSX (with NSX-R wing) and license plate VTECDNA at intersection of Crenshaw Blvd and Palos Verdes Drive North around 1pm today.

I was NOT in my NSX. :(

I saw this car today on 91 too. The drive waved at me before driving off. Is this really a 3.8L? Wow, I can't even tell. Is he a prime member?

During my morning run, I sighted a red NSX (perhaps Zanardi Edition...only caught a glimpse of the rims) heading west on Palos Verdes Drive North between Via Valmonte and Paseo del Campo. I'm not 100% sure of the time, but I think it was between 10:00 and 10:30am.

Almost forgot...while I was heading north on the 405 this morning, I saw a silver NSX on 405 south while I was stuck in traffic around La Tijera and a black NSX on 405 south while I was STILL in traffic around the 90.

I was not in my NSX today either. :(

Jon's handiwork? How many are there now?

Theres 4 out there running right now and 1 more that I saw being put together. There are also other guys trying to convince Jon to build them a motor too. I don't know if they can convince him to do it. :biggrin:

Two of five the 3.8L motors reside in Ranchos Palos Verdes and one in Palos Verdes Estates.

Both are prime members but do not post. The other guys of course are Jon Martin and Anil from Florida......the last guy I don't know where he is from, but I know he's from So.Cal.

Doraemon- Of course you can't tell because everything is internals........try to keep up with it and then you will know. Just ask JC and some other guys who tried to keep up..... ;)

Last edited:
Sighted a Red NA1 traveling south on San Gabriel Blvd at Colorado Blvd in Pasadena, Sunday 10/12, around 3:40 PM. I was traveling west on Colorado.

Mario

My daily commute takes me up and down PCH from Dana Point to Newport, and I did see a dark M6 the other day. Problem is I have a SEBRING silver car, not a silverstone.

Johnnymo

Hmm, I was on PCH in Newport the other day, but in my NSX, not my M6. :smile:

Thanks for the info. What's the cost for doing a 3.8L? Why so many of them in PV?

I spotted a red one coming up Crenshaw sunday around 1:40PM. Saw a yellow one a week ago. Seem to have many NSX around PV... Funny thing is that I never notice before until I've got one myself:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Saw a black NA1 heading west on the 10fwy this afternoon around noon. Looked all stock with chromies on. passed you in my civic Si in the carpool lane. :cool:

Thanks for the info. What's the cost for doing a 3.8L? Why so many of them in PV?

I spotted a red one coming up Crenshaw sunday around 1:40PM. Saw a yellow one a week ago. Seem to have many NSX around PV... Funny thing is that I never notice before until I've got one myself:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Answer to question #1

Put it this way if you cringe at spending more then 15k-20k on your motor then you are better off with a CTSC or a basic turbo kit(ie. hp kit or lovefab budget kit). The stroker motor is not cheap and not only that, you will still have to convince Jon to build one for you. It takes him an average of 100 hours to build that motor with the help of one or two guys. He builds these motors in his spare time while trying to juggle the service end of cerritos acura, 3 kids, jrz, wife, and friends.

So, if you can convince him to build a motor for you then kiss you car goodbye for about a year, unless you can get all the parts ready to go.
The motor is bad ass though and it is worth it in my book if you can afford it. A lot of people are going to talk trash about how the motor is not cost effective for what it costs. Jon did not build this motor for anyone but himself.....he just did a favor for a few of his close friends or people who got him at the right time.

The concept of the motor is too be reliable just as if Honda should have upgraded it and not having to worry about getting popped by the authorities like having a Turbo on your car.

His motor is what Honda should have done for the later NSX's and in my opinion it is the closest thing sounding to a F car or some other exotic motor.

Answer to question #2

I don't know man just happens that they are from there......:tongue:

So you got RPV and PVE representing......both guys have some really nice toys, great guys, and both can drive really well.....:smile:

Even though one of them scared the bleep out of me when I rode with him going down PCH.....:eek:

Last edited:
Answer to question #1

Put it this way if you cringe at spending more then 15k-20k on your motor then you are better off with a CTSC or a basic turbo kit(ie. hp kit or lovefab budget kit). The stroker motor is not cheap and not only that, you will still have to convince Jon to build one for you. It takes him an average of 100 hours to build that motor with the help of one or two guys. He builds these motors in his spare time while trying to juggle the service end of cerritos acura, 3 kids, jrz, wife, and friends.

So, if you can convince him to build a motor for you then kiss you car goodbye for about a year, unless you can get all the parts ready to go.
The motor is bad ass though and it is worth it in my book if you can afford it. A lot of people are going to talk trash about how the motor is not cost effective for what it costs. Jon did not build this motor for anyone but himself.....he just did a favor for a few of his close friends or people who got him at the right time.

The concept of the motor is too be reliable just as if Honda should have upgraded it and not having to worry about getting popped by the authorities like having a Turbo on your car.

His motor is what Honda should have done for the later NSX's and in my opinion it is the closest thing sounding to a F car or some other exotic motor.

Answer to question #2

I don't know man just happens that they are from there......:tongue:

So you got RPV and PVE representing......both guys have some really nice toys, great guys, and both can drive really well.....:smile:

Even though one of them scared the bleep out of me when I rode with him going down PCH.....:eek:

Thanks for the info. Do you know the numbers for the 3.8L? (HP, Torque, 0-60, etc.) It sounds like a great way to upgrade your car, because I have always like NA over FI.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for the info. Do you know the numbers for the 3.8L? (HP, Torque, 0-60, etc.) It sounds like a great way to upgrade your car, because I have always like NA over FI.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The 3.8L stroker from SOS produces 315rwhp (approx 360bhp), but you also get 0.44lbs of weight reduction (200 $100 bills at 1.0g each).

The 3.8L stroker from SOS produces 315rwhp (approx 360bhp), but you also get 0.44lbs of weight reduction (200 $100 bills at 1.0g each).

Thats SOS building and tuning based on that particular customers needs at that time, which the previous owner has sold that car a long time ago.

JM motors are specd out to his clients needs and wants. Not everyone is going for peak HP. If you want to know Doraemon then you need to call Jon and find out.

Back