• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

One less NSX in Knoxville. Details.

I just watched my 1991 NSX go driving down the road.

It's a sad day for sure, but I know I WILL BE BACK :tongue:

I'm just taking a break for awhile, getting through flight school, and then I'll get back into a 95+ after that.

OH YEAH. Flight school. In February of this year I was picked up for a flight slot for the USAF. After graduating this December, I'll be heading to about 3 different places before getting through flight school about a year and a half later.

It was good though because apparently taking an NSX to flight school is a big no-no haha.

I'm going to stay here on Prime as it's the best forum I've ever been a part of. Everyone stay in touch!

Jared:biggrin:

Congrats on flight school.

See you around on the forums and looking forward to your thread later when you get another one.

Now it is added to the Atlanta contingent!

Jared,

Thanks to everyone there for the hospitality till the storm passed!

John G

Now it is added to the Atlanta contingent!

Jared,

Thanks to everyone there for the hospitality till the storm passed!

John G

Congrats John!

The transaction was very smooth and I had alot of fun.

The guys at Euro Auto Garage are top notch as well.

Just be ready for the stares and gawkers!!! :tongue:

I'll be back guys. No worries.

Jared

Congrats on getting your pilot slot!! You'll be too busy to really enjoy the NSX til you're done.

Maybe your gift to yourself when you get your wings is to get another NSX!!

Congrats on the flight slot, Jared. I'm sure you'll be back in another NSX when the time is right. :)

Thanks everyone. I will be back in one soon enough. I'd like a 95+ targa.

I'm not gone though. We shall have to take a ride soon so I can compare my new vehicle to the NSX in performance :wink:

Oh ha that's awesome. I may take you up on that lol...well...as soon as she actually sees the road again. :frown::mad::rolleyes::biggrin:

I too just got my pilot slot! (2 weeks ago).

My AFSC actually says 92T0:F35, so I know for sure that I'm going F35's :smile:.... haha just kidding, it just says 92T0.

I'll be hanging out doing some stuff before going though, hopefully go to grad school before doing UPT.

Do you know your UPT base yet by any chance? I'm still filling out my preferences so I don't know for sure just yet.

-Dan

Congrats.

When did you pick your NSX up? Is it with you in Colorado or Hawaii?

No idea on the UPT base yet as I filled my choices out the same time you just did. I have Laughlin down first, but I'm waiting to see if I'll go to ENJJPT at Sheppard.

Jared and Dan -

Congrats to both!!

If you gents ever come to the great state of Idaho for F15/F16/A10 strike exercises, give me a ring. We have a small contingent of NSXrs here in Boise and lots of places to eat. I'll also introduce the AH-64 Apache, not as fast as you all but still a packs a heavy bat.:biggrin:

V/R

Congrats.

When did you pick your NSX up? Is it with you in Colorado or Hawaii?

No idea on the UPT base yet as I filled my choices out the same time you just did. I have Laughlin down first, but I'm waiting to see if I'll go to ENJJPT at Sheppard.

Hi Jared, I picked it up last August, It's with me here in Colorado Springs.
I placed laughlin as my first choice as well due to the great weather they have there, plus I like Texas.

I chose in order of preference:
Sheppard, TX
Laughlin, TX
Columbus, MS
Vance,OK
Whiting Field, FL

I too would love to go to Sheppard, however, I have some friends who just graduated from it and they say that there are still that unlucky few who get tracked into UAV's. I just hope that's not me, because I feel like it almost completely defeats the purpose of going to ENJJPT.

I will definitely keep you up to date on how my assignment turns out :)

-Dan

Jared and Dan -

Congrats to both!!

If you gents ever come to the great state of Idaho for F15/F16/A10 strike exercises, give me a ring. We have a small contingent of NSXrs here in Boise and lots of places to eat. I'll also introduce the AH-64 Apache, not as fast as you all but still a packs a heavy bat.:biggrin:

V/R

Thanks for the offer! I will be sure to let you know if for some reason I take a TDY to your location. I love helos, and wouldn't mind flying them if I should track that way someday.

-Daniel

Whoa haven't checked this in awhile.

I just completed flight physicals at Brooks City base here in San Antonio on TDY.

My captain called me about an hour ago and told me I was going to Laughlin AFB, TX for UPT so I'm going to be a TX NSXer!

Still waiting on ENJJPT to come down with possibly Sheppard, but I know for a fact I will be in TX within a year.

I too would love to go to Sheppard, however, I have some friends who just graduated from it and they say that there are still that unlucky few who get tracked into UAV's. I just hope that's not me, because I feel like it almost completely defeats the purpose of going to ENJJPT.

I will definitely keep you up to date on how my assignment turns out :)

-Dan

I had a buddy just get out of Sheppard with a UAV, but apparently they overmanned the UAVs like crazy, so future classes will only have 1 UAV slot with a possibility of UAV pilot being a completely separate AFSC ( some of my buddies got offered to skip pilot training and just go to a separate UAV training ).

It's looking good for us.

Jared and Dan -

Congrats to both!!

V/R

My first choice is A10 and if I were to ever have gone to rotary school for the army, the AH64 would have been my first choice. That ship is amazing and I have profound respect for it.

My first choice is A10 and if I were to ever have gone to rotary school for the army, the AH64 would have been my first choice. That ship is amazing and I have profound respect for it.

Good choice. The Hog is one of the last true "stick and rudder" flight experiences out there. Low and slow in the weeds beats pushing buttons from 35,000ft any day! :biggrin:

Oh, so this is a good news post. Last time we had one of these some idiot crossed the center on the dragon on his BMW bike and took out one of our cars.

Congrats on flight school!

Good choice. The Hog is one of the last true "stick and rudder" flight experiences out there. Low and slow in the weeds beats pushing buttons from 35,000ft any day! :biggrin:

I've always had an admiration for the plane since I was a kid. The 15s and 16s are attractive in their own ways, but I've always been drawn to the A10.

Oh, so this is a good news post. Last time we had one of these some idiot crossed the center on the dragon on his BMW bike and took out one of our cars.

Congrats on flight school!

Really? When did this happen?

Back