• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Only 6 months to go!

Just washed and de-waxed the car, filled up the gas tank, added some Stabil and put it to bed. Come on May.

It's 75 degrees here (24 C) and not a cloud in the sky. I may have to take the Targa off today and boy to do I hate doing that.. Damn you warmth & sun! Go away!! :tongue:

Calling for 15 and sunny on Saturday in Eastern Canada so I might get one last ride :biggrin:

Calling for 15 and sunny on Saturday in Eastern Canada so I might get one last ride :biggrin:

I wonder if you colder climate owners actually put on less average miles than us warmer climate owners (Calif, Ariz, N Mex, etc) due to winter storage? Or do you, quite understandably, drive the car like mad in the summer to make up for it?

It's 75 degrees here (24 C) and not a cloud in the sky. I may have to take the Targa off today and boy to do I hate doing that.. Damn you warmth & sun! Go away!! :tongue:

Hey. Hey...... Hey Hapa88........ (bite me! :biggrin: ) We wish you a few winters longer than you'll ever forget.

Just washed and de-waxed the car, filled up the gas tank, added some Stabil and put it to bed. Come on May.

Aaaah, Tunder Bay in the meantime, baby! The lakehead. Gitchee-Gumee headwaters region.

I wonder if you colder climate owners actually put on less average miles than us warmer climate owners (Calif, Ariz, N Mex, etc) due to winter storage? Or do you, quite understandably, drive the car like mad in the summer to make up for it?

We drive 'em like mad, but without a twelve month driving season it provides for less annual mileage. Another factor (from studying Ontario maps) is that BlackbirdXX only has so many decent (provincial) roads where he lives. If you run those same routes fairly often, Johnny Law begins to recognize you and that is not always a good thing. 'Nuff said on that.

Now, come spring time, it is like Christmas 'cause you have a seemingly brand-new sportscar :smile:

I'm trying to squeeze out as much driving days as I can here in MN myself. We got such a late summer this year as well but trying to make up for it.

Hey. Hey...... Hey Hapa88........ (bite me! :biggrin: ) We wish you a few winters longer than you'll ever forget.

Neal, don't be too hard on us southerners. We have to wash and wax our cars much more often. Of course we have the challenge of finding a nice cool shady place to do it in December and January. And here in So.Texas that two or three days of winter can be excruciating when we have to wear a long sleeve T-shirt with our shorts. Burrrrr!

PS. O H

Last edited:
I am with you.. Mine is waxed, not de-waxed.
I will have some fun with the car this winter doing maintenance. I am going to do the timing belt and hoses.

Neal, don't be too hard on us southerners. We have to wash and wax our cars much more often. Of course we have the challenge of finding a nice cool shady place to do it in December and January. And here in So.Texas that two or three days of winter can be excruciating when we have to wear a long sleeve T-shirt with our shorts. Burrrrr!

PS. O H
img2.jpg

Not sure why you guys pack them away. Is corrosion an issue? (Aluminum oxide, I suppose) I guess the brake rotors would be vulnerable to road salt. And the exhaust manifolds if you have a pre-97. And the crank if you run without an oil pan. ;)

Thanks blackbird, didn't know if that was a new trick to storing a car. It's cool to be able to take your time with the polish and wax over the winter.

@lotsbuckeye, you guys are so lucky all the way over there in San Antonio, here in Houston we are averaging up to 5 or on some really bad years even 6 days of winter now! I've even had to buy a sweater!...the misery, lol.

Not sure why you guys pack them away. Is corrosion an issue? (Aluminum oxide, I suppose) I guess the brake rotors would be vulnerable to road salt. And the exhaust manifolds if you have a pre-97. And the crank if you run without an oil pan. ;)
This is why:
Winter-car-storage.jpg

Back