• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Other than Oil Changes what maintenace have you done?

2018 and 23,000 miles. Recently did 3rd oil change, brake flush, TMF, air filters, cabin air filters, clutch fluid, and trans fluid. Because NC1s don't like weak 12v batteries I will replace it (3rd) before winter.

i just got an oil change at tustin acura. got charged
600 bucks for it and they wanted another 600 for brake flush….i turned that down. anyhow probably not going back again.

I paid about $200 for my oil change and $180 for the brake flush. Both done at Acura, by an NSX trained tech fwiw.
The oil change price sounds like they made an error. There's 3 shields to remove with a few thousand screws (3 different screws) holding them onto the car and tech must keep track of which screw goes where. Then there's 7 drain bolts which must be drained in a specific order. Trunk trim has to be taken apart to access oil filter. Then checking level is quite time consuming. A good 3 hour job. Then you have the cost of the filter (about $40), and 8 litres of oil (about $60). So at $200 for the job, they charged you for maybe half an hour of labour.

The oil change price sounds like they made an error. There's 3 shields to remove with a few thousand screws (3 different screws) holding them onto the car and tech must keep track of which screw goes where. Then there's 7 drain bolts which must be drained in a specific order. Trunk trim has to be taken apart to access oil filter. Then checking level is quite time consuming. A good 3 hour job. Then you have the cost of the filter (about $40), and 8 litres of oil (about $60). So at $200 for the job, they charged you for maybe half an hour of labour.
I don't think you are correct. I had multiple items done at once. The 3 shields have to be removed for all of the procedures. They don't charge to remove them 3 times. I've seen oil changes for the NSX done and it doesn't take nearly 3 hours.

My last oil change was closer to $400. I am ok with that. The twin motor change was around $250. The Brake Flush was around $250 to $300. The rear Trans and rear end maintenance is a bit more complex. In the end, I want someone competent and who cares about my car. It is worth paying for that peace of mind. I did notice that my last oil change used Mobil One and not Honda Oil. I would have complained but they did use the Honda trans fluid, and Honda gear oil. I thought about changing the radiator fluid but that is good for a lot of miles and time.

This lady had the oil changed on her NC1 in Colorado for $240. Not quite as low as I paid but given the fact that I had multiple items done at once; maybe they cut me a break. She did provide her own oil though.

Back