• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painted NSX Engine Cover

Does anyone have a picture of a painted engine cover? I've heard that the cover looks fantastic when painted gloss black. My NSX came with a extra engine cover and I've been thinking about having it painted.

THANKS
FIRENSX

I think the CF one with no opening or mesh grill looks the best.

DSC01144.JPG

The reason Honda chose the fuzzy finish is to avoid sun reflection.

Agreed, a matte black or take it to an upholsterer and have them lay some Alcantara over it. Maybe embroider a red or body color NSX in the middle? That's my plan someday...

The felt is turning to powder and comes off by just touching it. I don't know how I could re-felt it? My cover has what looks like bald spots.

The felt/fuzz is called "flock." My previous attempt to find a direct match (by asking others on this site) was unsuccessful. If you don't care that is is exactly the same...you could scrape off completely and try some other flock. I've run across some very cheap stuff with flock like our coin tray has...so I assume there are people out there who do flock professionally at a reasonable price (who could do a quality/even job, which sounds difficult with DIY kits and a piece this large).

I just got my engine cover back from the painter. I had it painted gloss black and clear coated. I then went over to a local sign company and had a Acura "A" emblem made. I applied the emblem to the upper third of the cover. It really looks nice and there is NO reflection in the rear view mirror.

Attachments

• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 148
I had bought an old cover to refurbish and the flock to put on it ... but that's just another project that I haven't had time to get to.
If I ever get around to it I'll post up the results.

I just got my engine cover back from the painter. I had it painted gloss black and clear coated. I then went over to a local sign company and had a Acura "A" emblem made. I applied the emblem to the upper third of the cover. It really looks nice and there is NO reflection in the rear view mirror.

Very nice.. How much did it cost you?

Very nice! "NSX" would have better rather than the "A", for me anyways.

Back