• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Palm Beach Acura 02 Yellow

I am working on a deal for this car. Anyone konw anything about it? I doubt that I will go to see it so if anyone has looked it over and could give me their impressions it would be appreciated. I am told it is indistinguishable from new.

Thanks and hope to be driving an NSX again soon. Went to Porsches for a while and ready to go back.

Bill

Dallas, Texas area

I've bought two cars from Palm Beach Acura and they are good people to deal with and I saw this NSX last week when I took my TL in for service. It looked very clean and was well cared for. There was slight curb rash on one of the rear wheels, but nothing much, and it was only visible if you were right on top of the car. It has tinted windows and if I can recall correctly it has 4,500 miles on it. When I asked about the price on this Yellow NSX, the salesperson told me they were into it for about $64,000 which I thought was complete BS. I offered them $56,000 and they said no. If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for it?

Well we left discussions at $62,000 without certified warranty. I am not sure I will buy it there as in addition the salesman told me there was a $598.00 fee that all Florida dealers add on. Plus title costs and such. I am used to abot $200.00 of this and so I was surprised. This totals $800 on to a negotiated price. I also am not too sure this is the best I should expect. He wanted me to seal the deal then, but I was driving and just talking, not able to think or concentrate. So when I come back Monday with a different idea he might tell me to piss off, which I will if that's the way it goes. That $800 really sits wrong. He also told me it was showroom in every way and now you say curb rash, that should be disclosed and a photo sent. So now do I trust them?

Any other defects, paint chips etc.? If I pay $62,000 for the car I expect it to be perfect as in new. Do you think this qualities or am I over doing it. One thing I did note is all the photos are out of focus so you can't tell anything about condition. I usuall blow them up and see quite a lot but not in these.

Thanks for the heads up and let me know if there is anything else.

Bill

The car is in excellent condition. There was not one blemish on the paint. The curb rash was barely visible, but it was there. It almost looked like it was the result of having a new tires put on the rim, but the car has so little miles that I attributed it to something else. I don't think that you should back out of the deal just because of a minor scratch on the rim.

If you want, I can take a drive back up there and take some pictures of where you want to see more detail on the car.

I certainly appreciate your reply and offer to review the car. I think I will ask the salesman to send a couple clear photos and just ask about curb rash as it is a normal question. I will not disclose our exchange here. With your comments and the carfax I have seen I feel comfortable I think. And I will call the local dealer as I bought 3 cars from them and had them service my earlier NSX to see what they find on the system as far as ownership and warranty work. So maybe I can complete the deal. How do you feel about the price and warrant issue. I don't know what to think after I had some time to think more clearly about the situation. Did I screw up and offer too much? Is the 7 year deal worth much? I did not think so as the car is too reliable and I will crive only about 2-3K per year. Any thoughts.

Thanks so much for what you have said. That why I came to the forum again.

Bill

Bill,

It would be nice to have another Rockwaller on board here. I bought my 02 from Florida and the $598 fee is total B.S. I did not pay a dime of dealer fees.
I feel (assuming car is as described here) a 02 with low miles like that is worth low 60's all day long.
Good luck.

If you see me flying down Ridge Rd, be sure to give a wave. :smile:

Car looks awesome, did not really examine everything on it, just eyed it, but car looks great! brand new...and low milage! I actually wanted to go and test drive it, but never got around to it...havent driven another nsx since I bought mine over a yr ago...interested to see and hear how mine compares to another one...good luck!!

I think we worked everthing out today as the salesman is now going to keep the warranty I believe. He said the $598 was to look it over, so I said if I pay that why don't I get the warranty? So in the end he said he would ask tomorrow as I have not committed to a number but when I do I expect to get the warrant.

I thank you guys who have looked at it, makes me feel better as you have no interest, just NSX enthusiasum! (sp?)

No mention of curb rash, I asked today. I am supposing he didn't see it, but I wonder?

Bill

GHOSTRIDER said:
Bill,

It would be nice to have another Rockwaller on board here. I bought my 02 from Florida and the $598 fee is total B.S. I did not pay a dime of dealer fees.
I feel (assuming car is as described here) a 02 with low miles like that is worth low 60's all day long.
Good luck.:

That car is easily worth in the 60k's.... I just sold a certified 02 for $63.7k with 7k on it. Yellow on Black and nearly perfect with on rock chip. If you would have offered me $56k on mine; I would have taken it as an insult. :wink:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
...If you would have offered me $56k on mine; I would have taken it as an insult. :wink:

I know of an 03 coming off a lease in May 06 with a buy out of $54k. I told my friend that if he dosen't buy it when the lease is over that I would. That is why I offered $56k on this yellow one before nutonsx even posted. BTW, I'd never insult a fellow Prime member. :biggrin:

I think, should I be able to complete the deal that the price is OK. I am just so particular and not having seen it I am a bit nervous. But that's the way it will have to be as I am not driving it back and not going to make a trip to see it. So, in Palm Beach I trust. And NSX Primer's.

I did not think a thing about the $56K offer. I do it all the time, even a dog gets thrown a bone now and then! I suppose the May 03 car is one from the Acura deal of $799 per month lease? I thought that might be good deal but I did not want to pay that much per month or in total. I think 3 years old with 5k miles is worth the $27,000 wait.

Bill

I saw this car a couple of weeks ago and it is absolutely pristine. At that time the salesman told me they refused a $55,000 offer. I agreed that was a bit too low and I got the feeling at the time that the car would sell between $60 and $62K.

The $598 additional fee is pure unadulterated bullshit. It's also called the "pure profit" fee. If you need the car looked over again give me a call at 561-213-1801. I'm in the area.

Thanks for the input. I think the 598 is bull, but I am working it out I think. I am struggling right now a bit as the way I need to buy it I'm going to own the NSX and my Porsche for a while and I have to clear title for the Porsche to get it to them. I am discussing it with a local guy who has a dealer license and will trade the cars through him for a fee to prevent a tax liability. So I have yet to pull the trigger, I think Pat at Palm Beach is getting itchy. But they have had it for some time so I guess a few days won't hurt.

Thanks again for your observations, I appreciate it.

Bill

Back