• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Palomar Drive: April 25, 2009

That's Conrad, AKA Powered by Honda :wink:

DSC05360.JPG

IMG_2165.JPG

Thanks Anytime!!! Conrad....thanks for the chase. Lets do it again real soon.

Tony

Details, we need details..........

Well....I was one card behind Ramon. Ted (white NSX) I believe was right behind him. Before I knew it, dirt/dust was everywhere. Ramon told me he took a left turn too fast and hit gravel and power slided into the ditch and luckily did'nt hit the moutain and drove out of the ditch. He wanted to continue but because the rim was damaged he didn't want to take a chance and safely got home.

I'm sure Ramon can provide more details.

Chien

The Palomar run was my first in an NSX many years ago, still have old pics from it. I wanted to make this one, but I've been so busy and still need to change out my rotors and pads before I can go on a run. Hopefully I'll find some time to get it done before the next canyon run.

Ha, that was a silly pose gone bad. At least my daughter looks cute. :)

Thanks Randy for setting this up and leading us up the mountain. Palomar can be really scary sometimes.

As usual, it was great to meet new faces and see old ones.

I just put on a new set of Dali Racing Track Bars (from stock) on my car a few days prior to the run. Jeez, it makes a huge difference... but at the same time, it was a little scary! I can't wait to take it to the track with this setup!

Good times!

--Conrad

Hey guys,

Thanks for taking the time to make it out to last week's Palomar Drive. As usual, the scenery was great, and the roads were fantastic. Thanks particularly to Roy and Tony for falling back to help me out at the end of the drive when I had mechanical problems coming down South Grade. Things can get a bit crazy when a clutch goes out coming down the hill. :rolleyes:

Sorry for taking so long posting pics. Here are few, with the rest of them found on THIS PAGE.

DSC05549.JPG

DSC05555.JPG

DSC05561.JPG

DSC05565.JPG

DSC05574.JPG

DSC05593.JPG

DSC05594.JPG

Lesson given last week:
Self-destructing clutch + long trip back to shop = EXTREMELY expensive tow truck bill.

Lesson learned last week:
Look up rates for AAA, including tow truck coverage.

Below, my car on the flat bed on the way back to San Diego. :frown:

DSC05597.JPG

glad you made home safe randy. i turn to far out hit gravel and went the ditch
got it out . ding on my rim small scratch on right side panel. but car ok

Too bad I left early with Conrad. I would have offered my AAA premiere membership tow (200 mi free) had I known that you needed a flatbed. They are not really strict about who's car it is as long as I'm there to show my card.

Well, I'm glad you made it home safetly. I look forward to the next run.

Lesson given last week:
Self-destructing clutch + long trip back to shop = EXTREMELY expensive tow truck bill.

DSC05597.JPG

Randy,

Sorry to hear about the car but I'm just glad you made it home safe. I'm sure the repair bill won't be cheap but look at the bright side. Maybe your clutch is due for a replacement anyways..

Lesson given last week:

DSC05597.JPG

Sorry to hear that Randy! Get it fixed and I'll join you next time! Henry is right! You were probably due for the clutch job. Hope it's not too bad.

Back