• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parking your NSX at a hotel?

It's only a car people. I have owned an NSX for the last 7 years and I would not hesitate to park my car anywhere I pleased. Both of the NSXs that I owned are show/street car so it does stand out. And yet I have friends with totally stock NSXs affraid to park anywhere but inside the garage. What's the point of having a car and not being able to enjoy it?

Yes but you are lucky enough to have the oem lojack installed near your radio antena oops:wink::biggrin:

This is a legit question. I don't know why the OP is being flamed considering the amount of "haters" out there. Just becuase someone has not had any issues themsleves, that doesn't make everyone immune to vandalism. I know too many ppl who have had bad experiences (cars keyed, vandalized, etc). On a personal note, even during my first few weeks of ownership, someone threw a cup on my windshield. Why would someone do that? So I agree with some of the great advice here. Park in well lit areas, give a tip to a security guard/valet/etc... etc.

It's a valid concern. I felt the same way and still do at times. My first stretch was when I took it to Vegas for a longer then 1 night stay. I did plenty of research on locations and turned into the valets ATM machine; but my car was well taken care of and by the end of our stay I was able to do whatever and park wherever I wanted. If I don’t valet (which I try not to) I make sure to park in well it spaces and as close to the office or entrance as possible.

Yes it's just a car but with limited numbers and the various conditions, replacing it isn't necessarily easy either.

I have no experience going to Vegas with my nice cars as I always fly or end up renting a minivan with friends :)

But seriously if I do have my nice cars and staying at a hotel overnight, I try to get the hotels that I can park my car in front of my room and just put a car cover over it....

Otherwise like in fancy hotels like Vegas, I would prefer to not valet part and just find a rooftop self park and again have it covered up. It's not because I don't want to pay but I hear plenty of stories of someone backing into a car. Anytime you have a lot of cars moving around being parked there's a chance!

Hence my recommendation is to always carry a car cover for road trips as you never know where you may park. Oh and bring a cheap looking old cover to not attract attention. I would never use my SOS red satin car cover since that things attracts more attention than the car it covers...haha

rk

I have no experience going to Vegas with my nice cars as I always fly or end up renting a minivan with friends :)

But seriously if I do have my nice cars and staying at a hotel overnight, I try to get the hotels that I can park my car in front of my room and just put a car cover over it....

Otherwise like in fancy hotels like Vegas, I would prefer to not valet part and just find a rooftop self park and again have it covered up. It's not because I don't want to pay but I hear plenty of stories of someone backing into a car. Anytime you have a lot of cars moving around being parked there's a chance!

rk

I valet park my car all the time whenever i go to the hotels. I don't have any issue with that. For 4 years of ownership, not a single ding. Here in Vegas these guys who works as valet makes at least $150. + per day plus salary + insurance. It's their job to make sure they drive your car carefully.

Back