• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parking your NSX at a hotel?

I recently got my '05 NSX and am a bit paranoid about parking it.:confused:

Taking it on a road trip to a friend's wedding. Once I get there, I'm good as a friend of the family has a "toy garage" with a 70 Boss Mustang and a 71 Barracuda (pictures will eventually be posted from the photoshoot with my NSX).

However, wanted to stop in Atlantic City on the way and stay overnight at a hotel and worried about parking it there. Will stay at the best hotel, but is there any advice you can offer about how to handle this? Do I let the valet take it? Do I insist that I self-park it? Do I call ahead and tell them my concern?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Your first sentence is your last. Leave the '05 at home and enjoy your trip.

I got to Vegas about 5 times a year, and I only take my NSX. Never had a single problem.

If you're truly anal about parking situation, valet park the car. Track the miles so you know the valet did not mess with you.

Fwiw last time I took the car to AC was years ago,but I self parked at the Taj worked great.At least I got to choose how close the cars next to me were and I had the keys.

Get over your fears and drive the car. Thats what I have learned.

You van typically valet it and park it yourself right up front.

I've driven my NSX across the United States twice and always frequented nice hotels. I had lunch with a friend a few weeks ago at a nice hotel. On every occasion I asked the valet if I could park my car in an out of the way location at the entrance. On every occasion, the valet had no problem with my request. It probably didn't hurt that I had a $20 in my hand with I asked the question. I parked the car, I had the keys and the valet was there to watch the car day and night.:biggrin:

Last edited:
three words

DON'T DO IT! :eek:

I never had a problem. I always had the best parking in either the covered area in front of the doors or.... well I guess they've always parked me there lol. Just tip the guy :biggrin: and get your key if it'd help.

it will ruin the trip just worrying about it:frown: no one else your with will understand either. i cant imagine handing my keys to a vallet:eek:

I've had the NSX for over 10 years, and frankly, I don't understand the paranoia over parking it. Within a month of getting mine I drove it from San Francisco through Las Vegas to Denver and back. Great trip. :biggrin:

Just be careful and exercise good judgment. Please don't leave it at home, drive the dang thing and enjoy it. If you take the NSX, it will be the best road trip you take.

Indeed, I've never had any issues either. A few felow socal NSXers where surprised to see mine parked at a community college. Not a sinlge issue yet for almost a year.

I would recommend not doing the diagnal 2+space park job. It seems to insite ppl into negative actiaon. Just park sensably and in one spot.

The few times let someone else park the car, they treated it with respect. I could jut be lucky.

Drive the car and enjoy life. Ask them to park it yourself and be done with it.
If you are worried about it getting stolen, pull the fuse (not sure which one but you can look it up) to disable the ECU.

Jeff

i wish i could just not worry:redface: bought both of my nsxs from people who didnt worry, z from good friend who owned from 1700mi and 04 from dad who bought new. i was sick to my stomach when, 5yrs ago, was out to dinner and sean drove the z. i didnt even own it:eek:

I've driven my NSX across the United States twice and always frequented nice hotels. I had lunch with a friend a few weeks ago at a nice hotel. On every occasion I asked the valet if I could park my car in an out of the way location at the entrance. On every occasion, the valet had no problem with my request. It probably didn't hurt that I had a $20 in my hand with I asked the question. I parked the car, I had the keys and the valet was there to watch the car day and night.:biggrin:

Sounds like the best advice to me. I've had my '05 Long Beach blue for 4 days. I've driven my '05 S2000 across the country twice and to Colorado multiple times. I was worried about it in parking lots but this hot blue NSX really worries me. I'll have to remember this advice.

if you're going to be in A.C. for a few hours during the day, then it shouldn't be any problem valet parking it...actually, you should just ask them if you can park it up front in their 'special' area. with a car like the nsx, i'm sure they will not mind.

i was just down there this weekend and the parking garages are pretty good (and empty at that). you shouldn't have a problem.

Park it yourself in a well let area at the end of a row. If you have a cover, use it to help keep the paws off.

another member and i went to the nsxca midwest dinner a few years back. we parker RIGHT in front of the front door and the manager didn't have a problem. i gave him a nice tip and he took care of us. try that.:smile:

another member and i went to the nsxca midwest dinner a few years back. we parker RIGHT in front of the front door and the manager didn't have a problem. i gave him a nice tip and he took care of us. try that.:smile:

YEAH baby:wink:Best trip I have had to date, and I just made reservations 2day to do it again next Saturday. Wish you were going with me again.

Last edited:
Indeed, I've never had any issues either. A few felow socal NSXers where surprised to see mine parked at a community college. Not a sinlge issue yet for almost a year.

I would recommend not doing the diagnal 2+space park job. It seems to insite ppl into negative actiaon. Just park sensably and in one spot.

The few times let someone else park the car, they treated it with respect. I could jut be lucky.
Was it your Black NSX at OCC I saw last semester? I parked my car next to it couple of times.

if you're going to be in A.C. for a few hours during the day, then it shouldn't be any problem valet parking it...actually, you should just ask them if you can park it up front in their 'special' area. with a car like the nsx, i'm sure they will not mind.

i was just down there this weekend and the parking garages are pretty good (and empty at that). you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm going to go overnight. I'll probably stay at the Borgatta, I heard its nice.

I got the car in November and have left the country only a few days after. After being away from it for 6 months, I have to drive this thing when I get back.:biggrin:

We've parked ours (non-valet) at a few hotels - the Microtel by The Dragon, vacation in Mrytle Beach, 2x Holiday Inns' during the recent move - all with no problems. Now, whether that is "luck" or not who knows?

Pick a well lit, end spot preferably, or next to at least one person you know if you can.

I personally think the chances of it going missing are not too much more, if any, than from your own garage, assuming you're not parking it in Southeast DC or similar.

Drive it, have fun.

It's only a car people. I have owned an NSX for the last 7 years and I would not hesitate to park my car anywhere I pleased. Both of the NSXs that I owned are show/street car so it does stand out. And yet I have friends with totally stock NSXs affraid to park anywhere but inside the garage. What's the point of having a car and not being able to enjoy it?

Within a week of buying my NSX, I drove it to Arkansas from CA and was all over the place. For about 3 out of the last 4 years, I've lived out of Hotels. I always parked right up front in the registration parking, just so long as I let the people at the front desk know, I asked nicely. Of course, being military might have helped out too.

Back