• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parts Chroming and Ceramic Coating

I do parts chroming for VERY reasonable pricing, even wheels.
Generally chroming is 1.5-2x the cost of polishing.

I do chroming for about the cost of polishing.
PM/email me for a pricing guide.
[email protected]

Usually about a 1 week turn around.

Here are some chromed parts:
Picture3274.jpg

Picture3280.jpg

Picture3278.jpg

Ceramic coated parts with "polished look"
Helps keep engine bay temps low and looks like its polished
Picture3271.jpg

Picture3270.jpg

Ceramic coated "near chrome" > chroming.

It's lighter, not as thick, and has superior thermal properties.

Superior thermal properties, absolutely.

However the argument that chrome adds weight is silly, the amount of metal added is in microns.
The total weight added to a chromed engine bay would be in oz's.
Keep in mind the part would be polished before it could be chromed which would offset any weight added.

PM/emails responded too.

i heard from a metal worker that chroming engine components that give off heat is not a good idea? he simplified and just told me chroming is like putting a jacket on during HOT weather... any myth to that? thanks... :confused:

i heard from a metal worker that chroming engine components that give off heat is not a good idea? he simplified and just told me chroming is like putting a jacket on during HOT weather... any myth to that? thanks... :confused:

I heard that too when i was thinking about the Supercharger. Found out i should get it polished instead. But, i think thats what the ceramic coated polish look was for. I could see chroming other pieces like a harness bar ect.

On a side note. I recently bought another Comptech Strut Brace for my targa. Recently being last year. I had the clear anodized removed and polishied for $150.00 locally here in Kansas City by Precision Plating in Olathe. He said it would be about 3 weeks. Took him over 4 Months and he only did a portion of it. I was mad too because he said only 3 weeks at the most since i thought that was more than enough time. I called back 3 weeks later and they said he went on vaction and didn't even start it yet. So i still have to take it back to get finished since i already payed him. I told him that once i got it finished i would have a harness bar for him and a Supercharger. I'm scared to go back:eek: Do you polish aluminum? If so i need my aluminum Comptech Strut Brace to be finally finished polishing (meaning the nooks and crannies the original company only did the large flat areas not the concaved areas.) I also need my Comptech harness bar chromed and in the future my Comptech S.C. polished or repowder coated if you do that.

Thanks,
Joseph

I Emailed you directly already thanks.

i could say honestly i polished NOT CHROMED BECAUSE ALL THE ENGINE PARTS NOT FROM NORMAL METAL BUT FROM SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAT DOESNT CHROMES ONLY COULD BE POLISHED!! engine looks fantastic BUT it could look like this for about half a year this info said to me in a servise that i've done this work.and cost me 1000$ all the engine looks like a mirror:wink: :cool:

For anything that needs to emit heat, chroming is not the way to go. Many years ago, testing on oil pans showed that chroming the pan, as opposed to a flat black anodized finish, reduced the heat radient ability by 90%. Pans, cam covers, etc. may look flash, but don't work worth a sht. when chromed. It's one of those do you want to look at it, or drive it? Chroming also induces Hydrogen embritelment, at least with iron/steel, where the metal is weakened at the atomic level- no one who knows ever chromes suspension bits, etc.

Can you chrome plastic pieces?

Nope only metal pieces.

For anything that needs to emit heat, chroming is not the way to go. Many years ago, testing on oil pans showed that chroming the pan, as opposed to a flat black anodized finish, reduced the heat radient ability by 90%. Pans, cam covers, etc. may look flash, but don't work worth a sht. when chromed. It's one of those do you want to look at it, or drive it? Chroming also induces Hydrogen embritelment, at least with iron/steel, where the metal is weakened at the atomic level- no one who knows ever chromes suspension bits, etc.

Thats for ya'll to decide on whether that will make any kind of difference performance wise.
I have chromed out parts on my personal car without any noticable difference performance wise.

I'll send out my comptech harness bar next week.

can i get a rough quote on chroming the centers only on my volk gt-n 17" the center unbolts if you want you can look at them online to get an idea how they look,thanks

arent the inj. covers plastic?

Another note:

You have to polish parts before you chrome them. If you chrome a rogh piece it will not be a mirror finish. A chrome piece will not oxidize like a polished piece of aluminum. After some time all polished pieces will need to be repolished.

^^^yup all true.
Did parts for people and everyone's been happy with turnout.

rough idea of price on chroming the
injector cover, intake manifold cover(middle piece held on with two screws), alternator belt cover, little square piece, and thin wiring cover that mates to the square. I have them all already in aluminum but want them shinier.

Check out this semi polished intake manifold.
Took some before after shots.

Before
Picture3360.jpg

Picture3361.jpg

After
Picture3376.jpg

Picture3378.jpg

Picture3374.jpg

Generic Pricing Guide

Upper Intake Manifold $225
After market intake Manifold $350
Turbo Compressor Housing $150