• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paul walker dies at age 40

I read it this morning. Really sad. RIP

Very sad. Video on-line of post accident scene, forward half of car fully engulfed in flames. All conjecture on my part, but it appears a pro driver was stunting in the car with Paul as a passenger, lost control, hit a light pole, car split in two and burned.

Rest in Peace, both men.

I read somewhere it was a fan driving him in his Porsche.
Somewhere else I read it belonged to a friend from a tuner shop. Either way, really tragic news. I just hope it was the case that he was doa and didn't burn semi conscious while the car was in flames.

I watched this interview of him before the fame and it almost brought me to tears when he said age "40 is going to be great"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM9i0ubdgqo&sns=em

Drive safely my fellow comrads

Why am I so sad over someone I never met?

Yeah crazy, my wife and I were the same way talking about it last night. I think it's because most of us love the FF movies, even the bad ones, FF5 was great fun, we just saw FF6, and there was more buzz than expected about FF7.

And one of the biggest two stars is gone. I can easily see how they keep filming though and hope they do. Not only does Statham's character eliminate Han, but also O'Conner.

Odd as it sounds, this sets FF7 up to be even bigger than FF6 was.

The other person killed was Paul Walker's business partner and former race car driver, Roger Rodas. The car was owned and driven by Roger. They co-owned a race prep shop which is near to where the accident occurred.

If I were a betting man, by the looks of that crash he died on impact {hopefully}. RIP.
Being burned to death in a car after a crash is just a horrible way of going out. I'll greatly miss Paul walker. This most likely is the end of F&F.

tragic.....maybe this event will make others(fans) think twice before doing unscripted stunts and save another life in the future.

Very sad day, Always asking the question"why" , but following our hobby, we see the last days of many exoticcars ending this way.
Like the gamers title said "The Need for Speed"

Some info from Autoweek
Always Evolving's Porsche Carerra GT -- recognizable for its unusual red colorand black wheels -- is a difficult car to drive for even professionals, withone top driver calling its handling “scary,” and those of us at Autoweek whohave driven the car will likely concur.<o:p></o:p>

Always Evolving, a car race and tuner storeoperated by CEO Roger Rodas, afinancial consultant who became friends and business partners with actor Paul Walker at arace track, acquired the car last spring, and used it often at car shows and inpromotional ads. Rodas was driving when the car crashed, killing him andpassenger Walker in a California business park Saturday afternoon.<o:p></o:p>
There were fewer than 1,300 of the V-10,610-horsepower, mid-engine cars built from 2004 to 2007, with less than halfcoming to the U.S. The car that crashed, number 479, was one of 38 cars offeredfor sale by Always Evolving's store in Sun Valley, California; it was listed asa 2005 model with 3,283 miles. The price is not listed; the car sold new forabout $450,000. <o:p></o:p>
It was offered by a dealer in Dallas for$339,000 when it had 1,707 miles, and then the car was listed in the duPontRegistry by an exotic car dealer in Pompano Beach, Florida, when it had 2,100miles. A dealer in Fort Lauderdale listed the car for $359,900, with 3,231miles on it, and by then it had acquired the black wheels that were on the carwhen Always Evolving had it. Always Evolving was the next owner.<o:p></o:p>
The car was originally purchased fromBeverly Hills Porsche in California, in March of 2005. When the second owner inCalifornia bought the car in 2007, it had only 456 miles on it, and when it wassold to owner three in Texas in January, 2009, mileage was 1,510. When it wasoffered for sale in October, 2011, it had gained only 200 miles. The car wentto Florida, then Indiana, then back to Florida, then Always Evolving apparentlyacquired the car last spring, where the license plate, California number7CCY590, was mounted inside an Always Evolving black frame.<o:p></o:p>
Sadly, you know the rest of the car's history. <v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"> </v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:formulas> <v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"> <o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" style="width: 472.5pt; height: 283.5pt; visibility: visible; mso-wrap-style: square;" type="#_x0000_t75" href="http://autoweek.com/storyimage/CW/20131201/CARNEWS/131209998/AR/0/Porsche-Carerra-GT.jpg" o:button="t" alt="The Porsche Carerra GT that reportedly crashed and burned on Saturday, killing actor Paul Walker and business partner Roger Rodas." o:spid="_x0000_i1025"> <v:imagedata o:title="The Porsche Carerra GT that reportedly crashed and burned on Saturday, killing actor Paul Walker and business partner Roger Rodas" src="file:///C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

<o:p></o:p>

I know the reason I got into cars and started learning about engines was because The Fast and Furious sparked my interest, and other wise probably never would of happened. I didn't grow up with dirt bikes, atvs, or into a car family at all, in fact the farthest from it. As cheesy as some of the movies were I think they are responsible for a whole generation of car enthusiast. From what I have heard Paul was always a stand up guy, a great father, and huge enthusiast for all kinds of cars, having European, American, and Japanese makes, a true car enthusiast. I hope it was the impact and not the fire I couldn't imagine a worse way than that. He is one of the people responsible for me getting into cars, which is one of the greatest joys of my life currently.

Here is a quote from him that is now very sad and fitting:

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling" - Paul Walker

My thoughts go out to his family, his friends and all his fans. Well I personally do not believe in an afterlife, if there is I hope he's up there with a garage of all his favorite cars, open roads, and looking down at his loved ones.

There's video out now of the car burning and I hope they passed in the crash and not the fire afterward. I can't imagine the speed they were going to get the car to split into two.

Was never really a fan of the F&F series - although I did like Tokyo Drift - but I can appreciate what the series did for the import "scene" and the fact that he was a genuine car enthusiast who used his celebrity to benefit others.

A friend went to school with PW and has known him since the age of 9 and she's pretty shook up about it. Says he was a pretty good guy. I think the saddest part is that he leaves behind a daughter. I couldn't imagine leaving my family.

RIP to Paul Walker and Roger Rodas!

491660-20131201-134331-320x180.jpg

Looking at the pictures it looks like he would have died on impact. It looked like there was a tree right in the middle of the car. Crazy.

Really sad. Not a great actor, but such a huge part of those F&F movies. It's always tougher when it ends as a passenger. God Bless.

This accident was in a parking lot......am I correct in that?If so what maneuver could the driver have possibly been attempting?

Back