• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of koenigsegg CCX in the Silicon Valley

attachment.php

I believe the owner is a Chinese American.

Awaiting for confirmation of owner's ID.

Spotted by my friend near his office in Downtown Palo Alto, not far from Stanford University and blocks from facebook.com

Pics taken from cell phone.

attachment.php

CCX Specs:

The 806 Bhp Koenigsegg engineered and assembled engine delivers unmatched power in terms of its size and weight. At the same time it complies with the toughest emission regulations worldwide. The engine has been built to last and to be driven to the limit.

attachment.php

The CCX has reigned supreme on some of the world’s toughest circuits.

Nürburgring – speed record
Top Gear – speed record
Nardo – speed record
Sport Auto – slalom record
Sport Auto – 0-200-0 km/h record
Sport Auto – 0-200 km/h record
Sport Auto – Hockenheim speed record

Its predecessor, the CCR, held the Guinness Record as the world’s fastest production car.

Performance
Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 3.2 seconds
0-200 km/h 9.8 sec, 0-200-0 km/h 14 sec
Top Speed: 395+ km/h (245+ mph)
Braking distance: 32m (100-0 km/h)
Lateral G-force: 1.3 G
Fuel consumption: Highway travel: 13 l/100km, Combined: 17 l/100km
Weight-to-power ratio: 1.59 kg/hp
Weight distribution: 45% front, 55% rear

Aerodynamics
Cd. 0,32 Frontal area 1.867 m2
Total Downforce at 250 km/h: 100 kg
Flat underside of chassis. Venturi tunnels at rear of chassis/body

attachment.php

He got ripped, the car didn't even come with the giant spoiler. This version was crashed by Stig during the Top Gear filming:biggrin:

one would think a towing company might be affraid to tow that car in fear of damaging it and affraid of the owners money/power

you would think that and so did i, but having known a shady character who owned a towing company and had a contract with a large city, this is the kind of thing he'd LOVE to do. he claimed his contracts with the city pretty much indemnify him from anything if he screws something up and he loved to mess with 'fancy cars'.

you would think that and so did i, but having known a shady character who owned a towing company and had a contract with a large city, this is the kind of thing he'd LOVE to do. he claimed his contracts with the city pretty much indemnify him from anything if he screws something up and he loved to mess with 'fancy cars'.

Being a shady character, he should know the possibility exists that the owner of the car wouldn't think twice about paying some thug a few G's to bust some knee caps if he screws up a 1m+ car. I would.

My question is...WTF is he thinking parking that thing on the street, and with the top off (unless it is a convertible that is...)

Where do you live?

Probably in and near the 'hood.

While the city contains homes that now cost anywhere from $800,000 to well in excess of $10 million

According to the Coldwell Banker Home Price Comparison Index, Palo Alto ranks in as the 5th most expensive city in the United States, with an average home sales price of $1,677,000 as of 2007. The Coldwell Banker College Home Price Comparison Index ranks Palo Alto as the most expensive college town in the United States. As a result, unlike most other college towns of similar size, most Stanford University students live on campus.

As some people might say, "Silicon Valley, more than you can afford... pal."

Where do you live?

While the city contains homes that now cost anywhere from $800,000 to well in excess of $10 million

According to the Coldwell Banker Home Price Comparison Index, Palo Alto ranks in as the 5th most expensive city in the United States, with an average home sales price of $1,677,000 as of 2007. The Coldwell Banker College Home Price Comparison Index ranks Palo Alto as the most expensive college town in the United States. As a result, unlike most other college towns of similar size, most Stanford University students live on campus.

Town where I live, or actually town next to where I live is ranked like worst place to live. Highest umemployment. Highest cost of living (I believe compared to average income). Fewest jobs. Etc etc. And then my hood gets tagged on when I go to dinner when I'm parked in a well lit area in a non intrusive manner. Place needs a social exterminator. Why the Fk did the UC pick Merced baffles me.

I'm worried they'd steal my bike! And scooter! And anything else I own! Except the nsx, they just like to fk with it, d!cks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merced,_California

"In 2005, the city became home to the tenth University of California campus, University of California, Merced (UCM), the first research university built in the 21st Century."

"The median income for a household in the city was $30,429, and the median income for a family was $32,470. Males had a median income of $31,725 versus $24,492 for females. The per capita income for the city was $13,115. About 22.4% of families and 27.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 36.9% of those under age 18 and 10.1% of those age 65 or over..."

"In the 2007 version of the book "Cities Ranked & Rated" by authors Bert Sperling and Peter Sander, Merced has been ranked 370th of 373 cities nationwide. The factors that determined the ranking of the cities within the book include the quality of life, cost of living in the area, availability and type of jobs, education, health care, climate, crime, commute times, and leisure activities.[8] However, the entry in the book also states that the town may not stay in this place for long, since the authors stated that "Merced is definitely on an upward path and offers potential not found in other Valley towns. This potential is clearly not shown in today's numbers.""

Famous people include:
* Ray Allen, an NBA basketball player playing for the Boston Celtics.
* Bruce Bowen, an NBA basketball player playing for the San Antonio Spurs.
* Brian Fuentes, an MLB closer, playing for the Colorado Rockies
* Janet Leigh, actress
* Katie Gallagher, a Survivor: Palau finalist.
* Steven Stayner, kidnap victim.
* Cary Stayner, serial killer.
* Margaret Dingeldein, a member of the 2004 US Olympic Waterpolo team.
* Marvin Eastman, Professional Mixed Martial Arts fighter currently competing for the Ultimate Fighting Championship promotion
* Cory Williams, aka "Mr. Safety", famous internet personality / TV show host.
* Vincent Cervantes, Human Rights Activist
* Peter Rojas, gadget expert and founder of Engadget and RCRD LBL.
* Salar Kamangar, VP at Google.

and Kenny Shepard, the @sshole retired nascar driver who the area racers actually hate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4625179/
based upon a book on the best and worst places to live in america:

And what about the bad news? Let's take a look at the bottom of your "principal metropolitan areas" list. How would you characterize the less fortunate cities at the bottom?

* 327. Kankakee, IL
* 328. Merced, CA
* 329. Newburgh, NY
* 330. Stockton-Lodi, CA
* 331. Laredo, TX

BERT: "Areas at the bottom typically have … high unemployment, crime and cost of living combined with low educational attainment, a lack of amenities and not much to do. That said, most places at the bottom of the list, such as Stockton-Lodi, recognize their shortcomings and are actively working to improve."

Last edited:
Where do you live?

Let's not forget that East Palo Alto is a mere 2 miles down the road from downtown Palo Alto. While certainly the minority, I've seen my share of shady characters in downtown Palo Alto over the years. Enough that I wouldn't leave a CCX parked on the street with top off and out of my immediate field of vision for more than 30 mins. Actually, with leaving the top off, I'd be more worried about bird droppings, leaves, tree sap, etc, getting on the interior.

Last edited:
Don't forget the dreaded SPIT:mad:

Back