• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post pics of your watches!

Having enjoyed my visit to Japan last November for NSX Fiesta, I came across a little shop in the East Village of NYC that is the only shop outside of Kyoto making these handmade watches and had to pick up one. Each watch is an original handmade start to finish by one artisan.

Packaged/wrapped with traditional Japanese materials.

i-MFN2mcj-L.jpg

I like it. Unique!

With my Tag Chrono out of commision (don't leave it inside the car on a hot day), I just got my self G-Shock bigger than average watch. This is to compliment my Stormtrooper helmet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here are my favorites that are part of my collection

2011-08-04_22-02-22_317.jpg

INVICTA Subaqua Noma III 0877

2011-07-31_18-40-00_45.jpg

2011-07-31_18-39-50_990.jpg

INVICTA Subaqua Noma III 6046

2011-07-31_18-37-58_545.jpg

2011-07-31_18-38-09_405.jpg

INVICTA Reserve Venom 6105

2011-08-04_22-00-49_509.jpg

2011-08-04_22-00-35_465.jpg

INVICTA Russian Diver 1089

2011-07-31_18-33-04_105.jpg

INVICTA Russian Diver 4578

2011-07-31_18-41-58_939.jpg

INVICTA
Subaqua Noma III 6046
Subaqua Noma III 0877
Reserve Venom 6105
Russian Diver 4578
Russian Diver 1089

ROLEX ( NOT PICTURED)
GMT Master II
Presidential

SEIKO (IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER OF MY YELLOW WATCH CASE)
Velatura Yacht Timer SPC005
Sport Alarm Chronograph SNA281

Last edited:
I will take pics eventually

Raymond Weil

Parsifal Auto with a Mother of pearl dial
Parsifal Auto with a Gray dial
Don Giovanni Grande Chrono
Tango blue dial
Toccata white dial

Rolex Date Just
Silver dial
Two tone stainless/gold with a Diamond Dial

Cartier
Roadster Chrono (white dial)

Breitling
Colt
B-2 - Chrono

Charriol
Columbus Diamond Bezel/Salmon color dial

Movado
I cant recall the model name but it has the thin lines in the bracelet.

Esq
Verve - Wedding present to groomsmen

I know there is at least one other that i am forgetting. but that will do for now.

Time for an update on my collection:

IMG_3056.jpg

First the Daily Drivers. These are watches that are relatively inexpensive, that I can wear on a more daily basis without worrying about them getting banged up, lost or stolen.

Kenneth Cole (I just liked the way it looked, but it's a pretty cheap and crappy watch. The chronograph function broked about the 5th time I used it.)

IMG_3075.jpg

Nixon 42-20 Rose Gold (I'm really starting to like Nixon watches. Made by a former engineer turned surfer, the watches are pretty high quality for the money and have a very heavy and solid feel. I really loved the look of the all rose gold as it is quite the attention getter)

IMG_3069.jpg

Nixon 42-20 All Black (I liked the 42-20 model so much I got another one.)

IMG_3067.jpg

Next up, the Garage Queens. Although a bit of a mis-nomer as I actually do wear them, though they are significantly more expensive so I try to take a bit more care and caution when I do.

Breitling Cockpit (Mother of peral face with diamonds in the markers. This was the first nice watch I bough for myself)

IMG_3073.jpg

Rolex Submariner (One of my favorite watches because it just fits and feels so nice. It's not too big, it's not too heavy; it's just right. It's a watch I can easily wear every day.)

IMG_3068.jpg

Breitling Chronomat B01 (This was the first Breitling to utilize their own in house movement. I'm not a fan of the typical bezel because it has a very un-matching font, so I got the bezel with diamonds instead. I didn't realize that that the diamonds ended up costing more than the watch itself, but it was too late and I was already sold on the watch. :redface:)

IMG_3058.jpg

Hublot Ice Bang (My newest watch. I've always loved Hublots and always wanted to get one, even though the average person doesn't even know what it is. :smile:)

IMG_3074.jpg

As B said on a previous thread...Since we're flossing bling on this thread we should equally floss firearms so onlookers know who's house not jack! :biggrin:

Good idea! I have 2 AK's. I dont have mad bling tho. I still can protect myself tho. Good luck!

As B said on a previous thread...Since we're flossing bling on this thread we should equally floss firearms so onlookers know who's house not jack! :biggrin:

Lol, good idea. I offer free gifts with my watches. If anyone would like to take one of my watches, I'll throw in several bullets FOR FREE!!! Your choice of .45 or 9mm! And I'll even really, really expedite the delivery! :smile:

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

KahrCM9IN5640.jpg

Lol, good idea. I offer free gifts with my watches. If anyone would like to take one of my watches, I'll throw in several bullets FOR FREE!!! Your choice of .45 or 9mm! And I'll even really, really expedite the delivery! :smile:

Hey B,
I will take this one and several 45's to go:biggrin:

IMG_3058.jpg

Last edited:

since you ask :tongue:,who ever breaks into my house better be prepare for a gunfight.

4t4vtd.jpg

2igyx37.jpg

1zq3uw7.jpg

since you ask :tongue:,who ever breaks into my house better be prepare for a gunfight

4t4vtd.jpg

2igyx37.jpg

1zq3uw7.jpg
:eek::eek: Nice collection........................Oh and nice shooting:biggrin:

Wanted to get some opinion...

Last year, my friend introduced me to the world of watches. I purchased myself an Oris F1 Day-Date watch:

473396d1310862047-sold-oris-williams-f1-team-day-date-635-7560-4754-rs-price-drop-img_4653.jpg

Its a great everyday watch - very casual, fits well with anything and it isn't flashy.

Now I'm looking into getting something more "formal" and have been looking at a Baume & Mercier. Particularly this model (8786):

878610.jpg

It's a manual wind, love the blue steel hands, and the skeleton window. However, I'm wondering if this watch is considered too "old" or even too formal for me (I'm 28 turning 29 years old). What's everyone opinion on Baume & Mercier?

I purchased two watches fairly close together (Rolex Explorer I- 39mm version, and a Sinn 856). I thought these would be a start of a new hobby/collection, but luckily it hasn't! I wear both and rotate between both daily. I try to be as careful as possible and luckily so far no major scratches other then the typical minor marks on the bands from regular use. Both watches I feel are meant to be worn day to day.

Back