• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your most recent picture of your NSX...

I may catch some grief over this question, but here it goes. Lots of nice cars on this thread, and some where guys have spent A LOT of money on them! The NSX is a great car, but for the price of some of the mods, you big-dollar spenders could have probably gone out and purchased a nice Porsche or perhaps even a Ferrari or Lamborghini. I get that Porsches are a lot more common and the Italians cost a lot more to maintain, and that a highly modded car is unique, "your car", etc., but will also be hard to sell and you'll never recoup all of the money that you've spent on it. I acknowledge that you can also spread the spending out over time vs. all at once with a high-end purchase.

But no regrets over modding your NSX vs. just buying a more expensive used exotic?

No regrets other than only having one NSX ...

The majority of owners keep all the OEM parts and are therefore able to return to stock should a sale be needed .... and then the parts are offered to others ...

The nett result, we own a unique low volume, mid engined alloy super car that are rarely seen, are holding steady values in the market and not just ‘another’ Porsche of Ferrari ...

For me I guess it's mostly more about the uniqueness and rarity as you guys mentioned already. NSX is rare already nowadays, and even more rare to see one modded similarly. Sure I could probably get more hp from the same amount i spend on it vs another car stock, and I could get more from the sale if I ever do sell. However I don't treat cars as an invnestment, to me it's more about personal enjoyment and uniqueness! Also here in Hong Kong here we are really over loaded with Porsches and exotics. You can basically find a handful at every major parking mall or lot. Usually no one really bats an eye to them anymore unfortunately.

No grief from me, but my own perspective...I bought the car because it was my dream to own one and has been since I was a kid. There is a very specific F car on the dream list too that maybe I'll own one day but as you mentioned the maintenance costs aren't fun to think about. Am I pouring some money into my NSX to modify it? Yes. I'm not going as drastic as some but I'm taking an already unique car and making it more unique. I'm not chasing HP or lap times just my dream. The car was a dream to own and is a dream to drive. The smile on my face every time I'm behind the wheel is ear to ear. It's pure enjoyment for me. I let my dad drive it a few months back, he got out of the car and just said, "Damn! This is just so fun to drive." Could I have bought a Porsche for a lot less money and an F car with a bit more money, of course but like most people here it wasn't just "What exotic can I buy for $X?" it was "I can finally afford my dream car."

To piggy back on what [MENTION=14204]Senninha[/MENTION] said, I have EVERY original piece and will continue to keep EVERY original piece that comes off the car and IF (it's a HUGE IF) I ever sell the car I will sell it AS-IS with all original parts in boxes or if no takers, she can go back to 100% stock and I'll sell off all the mods.

I have to agree with [MENTION=6555]NSX-GT[/MENTION] as well. The car is unique and rare. At every C&C I go to there are 1-4 NSX's and more Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari's than I can count. Sure they get a lot of attention at first, but with the Hood and Engine hatch open and the windows down I see just as much if not more attention. I was parked next to a brand new McLaren 675LT last month, a lot more pictures and attention was given to my car. I'm not seeking attention, but it just goes to show that our cars (modded or stock) hold a special place in the hearts/dreams/and minds of a lot of people out there.

Now to stay on topic...50 and sunny here in Colorado today so she got to come to work...

sunny_day.jpg

Our cars are rare icons that signify the beginning of an era. The first Japanese super super car that kick started Japanese car manufactures to make more than just commuter cars. I live in Miami where every car is a dime a dozen, I work on south beach and I can count 10 - 15 of every exotic or high end sports car a day, minimum. Every once in a while drive my NSX to the work and the number of compliments I get from all ages always puts a smile on my face, the last one was “all these Ferrari’s and lambo’s out here but I’d much rather see this, beautiful car”. I also regularly get Porsche owners pulling up asking what year my car is and how they’ve either always wanted one or had one and regret ever selling it. So I really wouldn’t trade this car for any other car, I would love to own a few other Italian exotics but I wouldn’t let this one go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insightful responses! I guess I was referring more to the irreversible modifications such as extensive bodywork as opposed to exhaust components, wheels, suspension, and other simpler mods which you can easily revert to oem. (NSX-GT, I've pondered this question before but it was your car that finally prompted me to ask!). I have neither the budget nor the inclination to do these huge mods, but I understand why you guys do them and they certainly are fun to see!

Last edited:
Thanks for the insightful responses! I guess I was referring more to the irreversible modifications such as extensive bodywork as opposed to exhaust components, wheels, suspension, and other simpler mods which you can easily revert to oem. (NSX-GT, I've pondered this question before but it was your car that finally prompted me to ask!). I have neither the budget nor the inclination to do these huge mods, but I understand why you guys do them and they certainly are fun to see!

Actually, everything is essentially reversible, with the exception of the paint job. Even though I widebodied it, it was just swap (no need to cut up existing fenders.).

I sooooooooooo
know the feeling

Washed the daily and the NSX yesterday. They looked great for about 30min till they were dirty again. The beauty and the curse of black.

IMG_20190128_085819.jpg

Yep Super Car Sunday.. The wild weather kept the attendance down from last year but made for some Spectacular views in route to Lavaggio..No tickets like last year either!

All show & LOTS OF go!

Haha one of the rare “show and go” that actually gets driven. I wish I had a trailer though but not to save miles, because it’s just more comfy in an SUV or nice truck over long distances. But, next road trip is from AZ to Dallas in 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finally got some pics back from a photo shoot done last summer!

38a85fa2b254afa9978b026bfe883c37.jpg

0e9b06c975aab98ffde8cee0b4efd4f4.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το iPad μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Back