• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your most recent picture of your NSX...

67C1EC8E-2CD5-44FD-AA07-94BB332F02B2_zpstnui7nrv.jpg

1C9D7E79-5C5D-4D97-B564-2B593C359F91_zpsi0vnq56h.jpg

off to Rob Magro at Octane Motors

Last edited:
Advan RG's my favorite.:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I had Bilstein shocks installed on my NSX a couple days ago. Kept the stock springs. Despite lowering the car a mere 0.8", I'm amazed at how much improved the wheel gap is, both front and rear. The only decision left is whether to add a 3 mm spacer to the rear, but it looks OK already to me for the most part. Wheels are Advan AVS Model 5 in 17 x 8 +35 and 17 X 9 +40.

Before drop
80-img_1648_7fbebf07c280b11c9d92adb366a91f4e7b742903.jpg

After drop
80-img_1806_5e49c6c58bcfc0baa147de16603774cc27d771e5.jpg
Bob, how does it ride? Any changes in comfort or performances?

The original door panels on my 91 were beginning to look outdated and tired due to the dark textured vinyl and gathered leather. So I replaced mine with real NSX-R door panels. Looks super clean and a lot more modern.

nsxr_door2.jpg

The original door panels on my 91 were beginning to look outdated and tired due to the dark textured vinyl and gathered leather. So I replaced mine with real NSX-R door panels. Looks super clean and a lot more modern.

nsxr_door2.jpg

Damn that must have cost a fortune.

Damn that must have cost a fortune.

It wasn't as expensive as you might think. I got both NSX-R door panels from Procar Specials for only 500 euros. They are used but after cleaning them with a magic eraser sponge they look very good. The NSX-R door handles I bought new for $1100. For comparison two brand new NSX-R door panels from Japan would cost about $6000 and you'd have to wait up to a year before Honda makes more of them. Crazy. I feel really fortunate to find used ones for a reasonable price.

nsxr_door2.jpg
They fit like a an undersized condom! Looks awesome!

People don't often see how silverstone looks like in the sun.

13063335_1547760235520703_1406271228403444003_o_zpsckrylnc6.jpg

what happened to your front quarter panel..looks creased like the tire tore into it:frown:

what happened to your front quarter panel..looks creased like the tire tore into it:frown:

I used microsoft paint to delete my side marker. I might need more practice. LOL

That was the last day that fender was on the car anyway.

Is that from the 02+ NSX-R? The older ones had lots of suede, right? Also, how do you unlock your door? LOL.

nsxr_door2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

26542021331_17b082ae83_b.jpg

Is that from the 02+ NSX-R? The older ones had lots of suede, right? Also, how do you unlock your door? LOL.

Yes it is the 02 NSX-R door panels. It's covered in a flat black vinyl that is unusually soft, smooth, and rubbery. I told my wife it was real dolphin skin. Knowing how the Japanese have few animal prohibitions she of course believed me and began to freak out. :biggrin:

You unlock the door the same way you would in an actual NSX-R. I originally mounted the power lock switches on the NSX-R doors but I ended up removing them since I felt the darker color of the switch button wreaked the super clean look.

Yeah the 1992 NSX-R doors were covered entirely in alcantara. It's amazing how far ahead of their time Honda was in the early 90's.

- - - Updated - - -

They fit like a an undersized condom! Looks awesome!

Hahaha. Oddly accurate since the material feels almost like rubber.

Club drive today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 519
Back