• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your most recent picture of your NSX...

I have been on this forum for approximately 10yrs and the one thing over that period of time I have noticed is that the pendulum has swung almost 360 degrees as it relates to modifications. People went from wanting to take an NSX and "modernize it" at all costs. What did this mean?

Exterior -- car is too narrow so want to go widebody to have it be comparable to current exotics that are much wider. A ton of cars on this forum went widebody in a multitude of ways, and while people are loathe to admit it the fit and finish of these cars never looks as good as OEM -- from 5ft away with a camera it might be passable. Everyone keeps pivoting to the next bodykit that is a slight evolution of the last version. Now everyone is crazy about the Route KS Madonna Body Kit, because it looks most OEM...someone has a massive build going on around this kit it has made it even wider -- I hope I am not the only one who finds it hilarious that the Prime person doing the work on it himself has a non-widebody NSX that looks pretty amazing.

Wheels -- Widebody cars have sidewall profiles that make the cars look like a drag racer. People have tried 19/20 wheels, fail. 19/19 wheels fail. I also think the obsession with widebody was to get more tire underneath the front and back for traction. Through all of this the consensus is that the tradeoffs, handling included, made all of this not worth it so while going bigger for tire availability makes sense it is to a point.

Electronics -- put an RDX system, add a Navpod and do custom screen etc. add speakers and an amp to a car with limited to no space to accommodate. The automotive industry is exiting the user interface business and handing it over to Apple/Google so one really needs an effective way to Bluetooth attach their phone to the in-car system in a high quality way and use the phone screen for GUI/navigation. Once the handoff is made then the audio system quality kicks in, sure there are ways to improve the quality of sound reproduction but it too is on the margin but worth doing for audiophiles.

Suspension/Brakes -- Brake and ABS upgrades make a ton of sense but tweaking what is/was considered one of the best handling cars ever still remains questionable for anything beyond eliminating wheel gap

Engine -- If you have the money it seems the best solution is a 3.5L stroked engine with SoS type twin turbo system and a high quality engine management system. The J and K swaps seen on these forums seem amazing but I believe these are huge leaps of faith unproven over the long-term. So you are either stock with a comptech type supercharger or you are all-in. One point that continually comes up on these forums, and I believe it is valid, is that one should learn to drive their cars very well to the limit before going the direction of increasing horsepower.

The R8 came, now is in the second generation and people either said the NSX cannot be upgraded to that level or what is the point. I actually think the R8 proved that you don't have to meaningfully upgrade the NSX and put a spotlight on just how far ahead of its time the car was...

The new NSX came out and everyone is now nostalgic about the original NSX and resale values are punishing modified cars no matter how much you think you created a NSX-R or better vehicle.

Then you have the user Teej's car, I do not know the guy but what a car. No widebody BS, 18/19 wheels that look out of this world with good tire sizes in the rear -- I usually do not like gold wheels but they look great on this car. The '02+ front and side upgrades look perfectly "modern". the rear bumper/diffuser etc work push the envelope but subtly so and the BYS spoiler is unqiue against all of the replica NSX-R that everyone has. Suspension height, BBK is perfect. The best part is how the black paint looks with all of the correction that has been done.

I just purchased my car but I would love to be able to copy some of these mods some day!

P.S. Teej you might be getting some PM's in the future lol.

Thanks!!! Don't get us beat up or banned. Also everyone else, I did not pay him to say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
attachment.php

I have been on this forum for approximately 10yrs and the one thing over that period of time I have noticed is that the pendulum has swung almost 360 degrees as it relates to modifications. People went from wanting to take an NSX and "modernize it" at all costs. What did this mean?.

I think the pendulum swings because the earlier owners are car/performance/brand specific "enthusiasts" and then later car/art/static display collectors get into the mix.

Agreed on the emergence of a different type of buyer but I am also seeing former enthusiasts as you put it reverting their car to stock and not just to sell them...

I think the pendulum swings because the earlier owners are car/performance/brand specific "enthusiasts" and then later car/art/static display collectors get into the mix.

Agreed on the emergence of a different type of buyer but I am also seeing former enthusiasts as you put it reverting their car to stock and not just to sell them...
Interesting observation...maybe the compromises in driveability/reliability/comfort off-set the edginess/gains as we age or set other priorities?
Also, trends come and go...
There are some threads about owners going back to factory or near factory wheel sizes and suspension.

I have been on this forum for approximately 10yrs and the one thing over that period of time I have noticed is that the pendulum has swung almost 360 degrees as it relates to modifications. People went from wanting to take an NSX and "modernize it" at all costs. What did this mean?

Exterior -- car is too narrow so want to go widebody to have it be comparable to current exotics that are much wider. A ton of cars on this forum went widebody in a multitude of ways, and while people are loathe to admit it the fit and finish of these cars never looks as good as OEM -- from 5ft away with a camera it might be passable. Everyone keeps pivoting to the next bodykit that is a slight evolution of the last version. Now everyone is crazy about the Route KS Madonna Body Kit, because it looks most OEM...someone has a massive build going on around this kit it has made it even wider -- I hope I am not the only one who finds it hilarious that the Prime person doing the work on it himself has a non-widebody NSX that looks pretty amazing.

Wheels -- Widebody cars have sidewall profiles that make the cars look like a drag racer. People have tried 19/20 wheels, fail. 19/19 wheels fail. I also think the obsession with widebody was to get more tire underneath the front and back for traction. Through all of this the consensus is that the tradeoffs, handling included, made all of this not worth it so while going bigger for tire availability makes sense it is to a point.

Electronics -- put an RDX system, add a Navpod and do custom screen etc. add speakers and an amp to a car with limited to no space to accommodate. The automotive industry is exiting the user interface business and handing it over to Apple/Google so one really needs an effective way to Bluetooth attach their phone to the in-car system in a high quality way and use the phone screen for GUI/navigation. Once the handoff is made then the audio system quality kicks in, sure there are ways to improve the quality of sound reproduction but it too is on the margin but worth doing for audiophiles.

Suspension/Brakes -- Brake and ABS upgrades make a ton of sense but tweaking what is/was considered one of the best handling cars ever still remains questionable for anything beyond eliminating wheel gap

Engine -- If you have the money it seems the best solution is a 3.5L stroked engine with SoS type twin turbo system and a high quality engine management system. The J and K swaps seen on these forums seem amazing but I believe these are huge leaps of faith unproven over the long-term. So you are either stock with a comptech type supercharger or you are all-in. One point that continually comes up on these forums, and I believe it is valid, is that one should learn to drive their cars very well to the limit before going the direction of increasing horsepower.

The R8 came, now is in the second generation and people either said the NSX cannot be upgraded to that level or what is the point. I actually think the R8 proved that you don't have to meaningfully upgrade the NSX and put a spotlight on just how far ahead of its time the car was...

The new NSX came out and everyone is now nostalgic about the original NSX and resale values are punishing modified cars no matter how much you think you created a NSX-R or better vehicle.

Then you have the user Teej's car, I do not know the guy but what a car. No widebody BS, 18/19 wheels that look out of this world with good tire sizes in the rear -- I usually do not like gold wheels but they look great on this car. The '02+ front and side upgrades look perfectly "modern". the rear bumper/diffuser etc work push the envelope but subtly so and the BYS spoiler is unqiue against all of the replica NSX-R that everyone has. Suspension height, BBK is perfect. The best part is how the black paint looks with all of the correction that has been done.

I just purchased my car but I would love to be able to copy some of these mods some day!

P.S. Teej you might be getting some PM's in the future lol.

Very interesting perspective. While I understand your point, you are a little quick to judge fitment on other peoples cars. I highly doubt you have seen every member's cars to be able to substantiate your claim.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions, but their is a way to express them and a way not to. Good luck with your NSX and enjoy.

The nature of opinions is that they don't have to be 100% substantiated by verifiable fact, in fact it can never be the case -- so you are right there is no way I could have seen every car.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, hence we have these forums and we discuss views on things/topics.

One thing that breaks down the essence of discussion forums is judgement of people's opinions or delivery of them rather than taking the intellectual effort of debate -- it is a great signal for personal insecurity.

Good luck and enjoy your NSX.

Very interesting perspective. While I understand your point, you are a little quick to judge fitment on other peoples cars. I highly doubt you have seen every member's cars to be able to substantiate your claim.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions, but their is a way to express them and a way not to. Good luck with your NSX and enjoy.

The nature of opinions is that they don't have to be 100% substantiated by verifiable fact, in fact it can never be the case -- so you are right there is no way I could have seen every car.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, hence we have these forums and we discuss views on things/topics.

One thing that breaks down the essence of discussion forums is judgement of people's opinions or delivery of them rather than taking the intellectual effort of debate -- it is a great signal for personal insecurity.

Good luck and enjoy your NSX.

LOL,

Whatever you say chief.

you two need to share some fire water...........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 1,089
Just joined the Wingswest front lip club.
e932acc41a2238511edf4410dbb21d64.jpg
962ae4bb5fa06b4dd707618b296f6e3e.jpg
8a5641d8c675da903dd6eeffaf44510f.jpg

attachment.php

Back