• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your most recent picture of your NSX...

AL9nZEVby51VXZp7zuI-t0iiHu3548zfMZLGX1V_B7GGqaAsBOWtybxycum9FQWXjbBzspd5-o3IrzaaygrWGB-0W4feIP0QnZMKYsToKMP8dpusNDxAykbHAvQA5liwDKBs-kJuMRzPmEcJ-UxA39cIIwNh=w2806-h1870-no
AL9nZEWCWSvQBbo3-L1x85-NJpzoEeISCphPOZ1Yc_foAm6VXtNsX3FSJNHHr2yNUaJ-aO4bZVz8j2bd766EjJpThfSRMB8SXq8duEd9LHtrl3Lv6_omu_wQd42pQeFsWEU68VuX9sWY3yhumbJ-c6DncMAT=w2806-h1870-no

AL9nZEXxFU3zWrV-OFyKCfLlLpE5Qs8ZaAKZDbLZaV4usDsBSpGPhkB5_VABQFmBWHhTA1aaINhMTkYEAOVp9q7iN4Q8ZliLMhc8K0JrpYGZ3e-fKZd30rCORoAzY0HnkVlrVXoEe20bZYSzzZ30_l1uiV95=w2806-h1870-no

A bit ago when she was running. Sleeping in the garage dreaming of a new clutch. I’ll wake her up soon.

Attachments

• A0E218D6-EEE3-4DC5-AC67-FE6118AE416F.png
    A0E218D6-EEE3-4DC5-AC67-FE6118AE416F.png
    310.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
We suddenly got a warm weekend and I was able to take it back out for a drive, but I think it's going back in to the garage on Monday. Luckily this is my parents driveway and it generates a few good shots a year for me. :p Wish I had something more than my 4 gen old cell with me though.

Thank you, I did not have time to shoot much of my cars at this event as I had to document everyone else's vehicles with the jets as the lead photographer. I do have many others of my NSX though.
You take great photos sir. I like the look of the Futuras over the Model 5s on your car.

Resting place for the next four months:

View attachment 175544
car looks great. Would love to see those wheels up close. Just a heads up on the inflated "bubble" cover. I kept several of of my cars at a nearby shared garage facility. One of the other owners placed several of his freshly minted Mercedes SLR black editions in these inflatables. I was interested at the time (you know no dust or washing etc..) But after about a year, the cars were pulled out to be moved to another location and the garage's curator noted a film/for over the entire car. The local detailer at the garage had to work overtime to remove it. Washing with soap and water didn't cut it. Apparently, the plastic outgassed over time leaving the film on the car. From that point on, I decided to only use soft car covers and place a plastic cover over it to protect the car cover from dust (such as you've done on the right car in the picture.

car looks great. Would love to see those wheels up close. Just a heads up on the inflated "bubble" cover. I kept several of of my cars at a nearby shared garage facility. One of the other owners placed several of his freshly minted Mercedes SLR black editions in these inflatables. I was interested at the time (you know no dust or washing etc..) But after about a year, the cars were pulled out to be moved to another location and the garage's curator noted a film/for over the entire car. The local detailer at the garage had to work overtime to remove it. Washing with soap and water didn't cut it. Apparently, the plastic outgassed over time leaving the film on the car. From that point on, I decided to only use soft car covers and place a plastic cover over it to protect the car cover from dust (such as you've done on the right car in the picture.

I used a car capsule for many years with great results. I expect something in the garage was sucked into the capsules and deposited on the vehicles. I've since picked up a the showcase car capsule and used it for four or five years. It is self supporting unlike my first one. Makes it a lot easier to access the car as it doesn't deflate as soon as you unzip it.

Maybe the capsules lost power for extended periods of time. The original car capsule deflates onto the car as the fan is unable to keep it inflated. No air will circulate if this happens. Can't really see how this would cause what happened to the Mercedes you mentioned, even if the plastic rested on the cars for extended periods of time, possibly in a damp environment. More likely something being used in the garage was sucked into capsules.

These capsules have been out for years with many in use. Wayne Carini thinks they are great, and he wouldn't steer you wrong!😎

I used a car capsule for many years with great results. I expect something in the garage was sucked into the capsules and deposited on the vehicles. I've since picked up a the showcase car capsule and used it for four or five years. It is self supporting unlike my first one. Makes it a lot easier to access the car as it doesn't deflate as soon as you unzip it.

Maybe the capsules lost power for extended periods of time. The original car capsule deflates onto the car as the fan is unable to keep it inflated. No air will circulate if this happens. Can't really see how this would cause what happened to the Mercedes you mentioned, even if the plastic rested on the cars for extended periods of time, possibly in a damp environment. More likely something being used in the garage was sucked into capsules.

These capsules have been out for years with many in use. Wayne Carini thinks they are great, and he wouldn't steer you wrong!😎
Thank you, and thanks for the warning. I doubt the SLR Black Edition owner used one of the cheaper knock-offs out there, but I've used this original "CarCapsule" over the years with pretty good results. If I had the space I'd use a self-supporting one like The King mentioned so the plastic cover never touches the vehicle. Maybe someday when I get my garage built or I get rid of some toys....

The wheels are OEM '02+ that have been sprayed with Rust Oleum graphite color (#283786). When new they looked great, but I've had the so-so standard Stoptech BBK pads for the past three years with this color and the brake dust has taken its toll. That's why I went with this color right before changing the brakes because I knew it would be bad. Here's a better closeup pic when they were freshly sprayed:
https://www.nsxprime.com/threads/performance-shock-inc-ohlins-ttx.207159/page-3#post-2028527

Back