• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pro Audio Installed by Koch Instruments * Lots of pics

My NSX just got finished with a professional install and am sharing my pics for you all in case you have questions or need inspiration.

Here is the pics of the beautiful crossovers from the PPI 356CS
PA310010.JPG

PA310011.JPG

Components used:
Old School Rockford Fosgate 600a4 (built in 1998 before they started building crap; 848 watts RMS certificate)
Heavily modified Angus subwoofer encloser w/ SWS 10"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360197740499Precision Power PPI 356CS 6.5" Component Speakers
Monstor 4 way RCA cable
Homebrew CarPC w/true 4volt preamp out

Why CarPC you ask??? Because I can do whatever I want and it is much better than any headunit IMHO. I have GPS, Video, Audio, HDD w/all my music, WIFI, ODB-II, etc. Bootup is 5 seconds.

First off I had to relocate my electronic power steering unit to a better location. Since my car is tracked as well (multi purpose vehichle) I chose to completely remove the entire SRS airbag system. I chose to relocate the EPS to the previous passenger airbag location
PA030131.JPG

PA030133.JPG

PA030134.JPG

PA030137.JPG

PA030138.JPG

Next I wanted to modify Angus box to bottom mount the SWS 10" and also decrease enclosure by 1 inch.
PA030139.JPG

PA030140.JPG

PA060159.JPG

PA060157.JPG

Next up was the main wiring into the cabin and through the firewall into the trunk.
PA170019.JPG

PA170021.JPG

PA170022.JPG

PA170023.JPG

PA170024.JPG

PA170027.JPG

PA170028.JPG

PA170029.JPG

PA180033.JPG

PB090024.JPG

Templates of the Bose door speaker/amp combo was made. I decided not to use the entire template as you will see in the pictures. The template was then glassed to enclose the 6.5" speakers and painted primer gray.
PA310002.JPG

PA310004.JPG

PA310005.JPG

PA310006.JPG

PA310008.JPG

PA310009.JPG

PB090019.JPG

Now the hard part... Getting the wiring into the door for the crossover and speaker, tweater wasn't easy. I decided to use the previously used Bose amp connection and use 2 wires to ouput for the tweeters and the bigger wire's (yellow/red line 12+ and black/gray dot) as the wires coming into the crossover from the amp. The passenger side was easy, but the driver side was a pain in the neck. Wiring is same on both sides... yellow and orange used for tweeter and yellow/red line and black/gray dot used for amplifier.
PB090022.JPG

PB110028.JPG

PB110029.JPG

PB110032.JPG

PB110030.JPG

PB110033.JPG

PB110034.JPG

PB110035.JPG

Tweeters were installed on top of dash. Probably best spot on the NSX for them.
PB110037.JPG

PB110038.JPG

PB110039.JPG

Finally, here is my CarPc on my 2DIN custom machine.
PB110041.JPG

PB110042.JPG

PB110043.JPG

PB110044.JPG

PB110045.JPG

PB110046.JPG

Hope everyone enjoys all of this. I know I enjoy the beautiful sound!

Last edited:
Re: Pro Audio Installed by Koch Instruments *LOTS OF PICS*

Good Work.

Where was the amp mounted and also, what was behind the tweeters? Is it just the Ac Duct to feed the doors? I wanted to put my tweets there but could not muster the balls to cut in that spot.

any off axis issues with the tweeter and the woofer being 90* from each other? That usually has some messed up effects if you install them that way. I have it that way in my tundra right now and Im trying to figure out how to change it.

Last edited:

Nick,

can you post some daytime pics of the dash? I would like to see how you fit the carpc in there.

BTW, where in MD are you? I'm in MoCo.

Good Work.

Where was the amp mounted and also, what was behind the tweeters? Is it just the Ac Duct to feed the doors? I wanted to put my tweets there but could not muster the balls to cut in that spot.

any off axis issues with the tweeter and the woofer being 90* from each other? That usually has some messed up effects if you install them that way. I have it that way in my tundra right now and Im trying to figure out how to change it.
Forgot about the amp photo. Posted it above.

As far as the tweeters. I am aware of it being off axis, I modified resistors to change sound to my liking. It might have sounded better in the door, but liked this position better. Especially with Targa off.

Forgot about the amp photo. Posted it above.

As far as the tweeters. I am aware of it being off axis, I modified resistors to change sound to my liking. It might have sounded better in the door, but liked this position better. Especially with Targa off.

Ya know that is funny you mention that, my off axis set up sound tons better with the windows open. Most of the time in the NSX the top is off! You might be onto something with that set up! Congrats again on the fine set up!

thanks!

I still have to make a mold for the center console trim and make holes for my meters as well. Need to carpet the amp mount. I also am going to modify the center speaker to add a little more mid fill. I just love the sound.

As for your previous question on the vents... I pulled out the vent to the doors on both sides. There is plenty of room to mount. Even if your tweeter is 2-3 inches deep. I cut the leather with a razor first then used a 2" hole saw

Last edited:
Back