• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project Enaione - Wrapping Sorcery Widebody

Got my car a few months ago. Right now in the process of wrapping the pieces. Took a few pics to share.
Sorry, shitty iphone pics
nsxbuild001.jpg

nsxbuild002.jpg

nsxbuild003.jpg

nsxbuild005.jpg

nsxbuild006.jpg

nsxbuild007.jpg

nsxbuild008.jpg

Did you confirm fitment and make any adjustments/sanding, etc on the kit first? I would've done that first to make sure everything lines up perfectly and THEN wrapped it. Just my two cents.

Did you confirm fitment and make any adjustments/sanding, etc on the kit first? I would've done that first to make sure everything lines up perfectly and THEN wrapped it. Just my two cents.

yessir. made sure everything fits perfectly

Would love to see how this turns out.

Here are a few pictures of the quarter panel. Last pic, tried to stretch the vinyl as much as we can but it started to rip. Since its wide body, its about 2inch deeper than stock and too much to stretch.

IMG-20120806-WA006.jpg

IMG-20120806-WA009.jpg

IMG-20120806-WA010.jpg

IMG-20120806-WA008.jpg

IMG-20120806-WA007.jpg

I think this is the best way to wrap a car if you gonna wrap a car. Do it, do it right. Don't half oss it cause it's not gonna look nice :wink:

Will the wrap stick to the raw finish of the kit, or did you have to spray it with something first. I imagine that wraps won't stick correctly to many kits that come with primer or something. Is that correct?

I would not recommend using a vinyl to cover interior parts. The adhesive can release from high heat.

I wrapped a the door switch panels, console and lower steering wheel (VGS). I was experimenting to see if I liked the CF look for the interior.

All looked good when done. 12 months on and as Jeff suggests, it is now lifting in the difficult 'internal' adhesive area's. Bare in mind I'm talking UK heat and not some of the temperatures you are likely to have your side of the pond. You may well get a lot less duration.

regards, Paul

I think this is the best way to wrap a car if you gonna wrap a car. Do it, do it right. Don't half oss it cause it's not gonna look nice :wink:
Sanks! Hopefully itll turn out good. im pretty picky when comes to things like this.

Will the wrap stick to the raw finish of the kit, or did you have to spray it with something first. I imagine that wraps won't stick correctly to many kits that come with primer or something. Is that correct?

Yea, it was sprayed before. Wasted of money, but better have it done right. Paint was cured for months also.

I wrapped a the door switch panels, console and lower steering wheel (VGS). I was experimenting to see if I liked the CF look for the interior.

All looked good when done. 12 months on and as Jeff suggests, it is now lifting in the difficult 'internal' adhesive area's. Bare in mind I'm talking UK heat and not some of the temperatures you are likely to have your side of the pond. You may well get a lot less duration.

regards, Paul
I havent had much problems with peeling, even on the interior. A friend who wraps alot of things taught me to use a heatgun, and a scraper (not sure whats its actually called) to heat the vinyl, and use the scraper all along the vinyl so the adhesive sticks.

Few more pictures. Did the other quarter panel, didnt like the aluminum color on the gas tank cover, so i plastic dipped it. Came out really nice. Also wrapped my trunk, and the wing cover.

nsxpanel0001.jpg

nsxtrunk0003.jpg

nsxtrunk0002.jpg

nsxtrunk0001.jpg

Looks nice... I will probably be goig this route too. Where did u get sorcery kit. You can pm me if you don't want To post it

Back