• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project: Widebody - 02 Conversion

RacingHeart said:
VERY nice! :eek: ..and that rear looks very Ferrari F430-ish.

You should complete the look with the Sorcery SA/03 front bumper. :cool:

I thought about it. I still might swap it out later. I also might modify the one I have... Does anyone have any more detailed pics of that bumper? I've only seen a few pictures.

Jeff

VRoooM said:
I thought about it. I still might swap it out later. I also might modify the one I have... Does anyone have any more detailed pics of that bumper? I've only seen a few pictures.

Jeff

Do it! I think its a vast improvement over the regular sorcery bumper and really would tie in with the lines of your modified rear end more. Its only my opinion, and i'll love it either way! :biggrin:

VRoooM said:

Jeff
Only these from GT-ROM:

006.gif

029.jpg

RacingHeart said:
Only these from GT-ROM:

006.gif

029.jpg

While I think this bumper is attractive you might as well just put the ferrari sheilds on the front quarter panel if you are going to do this bumper. It looks like you are purposely trying to have a ferrari when you don't.

Vroom, look dude, that front end is so uninspired...
the center portion is is too big/wide/plain....
its like..
its like ...screwin the popular girl just cause she' s the popular girl..not because she's hot..

I don't even like that front end on the 360, and I'm man enough to say it !!
If that front end was on a camaro and you considered putting it on your nsx, this entire site would be up-in-arms trying to ban you and take your damn camera too.

Some where in this post you said that you are not trying to make a Ferrari kit car...well ...that front end kinda puts you on that road.

I like the fact that you have taken Attractive design ques from cars to make a best-of-breed creation. All of your mods may not be my taste.(ala.. hood, roof scoop) but I see where your going, and I can appreciate the effort.

Last...I seem to remember another fabricator in prime working on an original front end. Some one here might remember it..

Respectfully,
Gene Foose<----(joke)

Knukle Head said:
Vroom, look dude, that front end is so uninspired...
the center portion is is too big/wide/plain....
its like..
its like ...screwin the popular girl just cause she' s the popular girl..not because she's hot..

I don't even like that front end on the 360, and I'm man enough to say it !!
If that front end was on a camaro and you considered putting it on your nsx, this entire site would be up-in-arms trying to ban you and take your damn camera too.

Some where in this post you said that you are not trying to make a Ferrari kit car...well ...that front end kinda puts you on that road.

I like the fact that you have taken Attractive design ques from cars to make a best-of-breed creation. All of your mods may not be my taste.(ala.. hood, roof scoop) but I see where your going, and I can appreciate the effort.

Last...I seem to remember another fabricator in prime working on an original front end. Some one here might remember it..

Respectfully,
Gene Foose<----(joke)

I'll be honest, I don't really care for the bumper the way it stands either. The design does not match up with the rest of the car (even on the pics above). I like the GTP look with the front and side splitters. I think it translates over the racing heritage better.

Thanks for your input though.

Jeff

I am IMPRESSED. A few of us in my Ferrari club have been following your car's development and hope to see it this spring. Great work!!

Regarding the front clip?? I personally think you should keep the front you have, as I don't think the other "360-looking" front end looks any better. So basically, are you doing a mod because it truly looks better, or because you have the CAPABILITY of doing it?? I have seen SO many people mod up their cars because they CAN, not because it looks any better. And in most cases, it looks WORSE.

Specifically, I think the HUGE ducts on the "360-like" front would take away from the aesthetics of the ducts you would have in your hood. Why draw attention away from them?? They are incredible!! Adding the "360" clip would only make the design messier, not better, IMO.

Bill

Last edited:
The idea was to go from "A to Z". Using design cues from other cars but not trying to create something the car wasn't. It started with the body kit and then the rear diffuser ...etc. My choices tends to evolve as the project continues. It's easy to make a list of all the things you like. But sometimes they don't look good together. It's all very subjective.

VRoooM said:
The idea was to go from "A to Z". Using design cues from other cars but not trying to create something the car wasn't. It started with the body kit and then the rear diffuser ...etc. My choices tends to evolve as the project continues. It's easy to make a list of all the things you like. But sometimes they don't look good together. It's all very subjective.

hey Vrooom, its all good, it is your NSX, and the fact that you are doing it hands on is impressive no matter if one likes it or not. Its what may keep you up at night but you are doing something about it. I can appreciate that.

And with your skills, it won't take much to add/cut here and there to change if you need to or want to.....but at the end, you created it....and it looks killer!!

for me, the front end does need to be a bit more edgy or sharpen...I have mine working that direction. the rear, I am going to keep just a bit of the NSX look, but will change midddle section of the lights and round the bumper.

keep up the skills

LitoG

VRoooM said:

Agreed. You ask 100 people and you will get 100 opinions. What one person likes may make someone else cringe. But your car looks great. And I am sure the pics are not doing it justice. Can't wait to see it.....

I have thought of this bumper before but was thinking how it's going to affect the cooling of the radiator. So I dump off the idea of getting one.

006.gif

everyone keeps talking about getting that version 3 sorcery bumper(the 360 looking one), but I was told by several vendors including Pass Limit(the official importer for Sorcery) that the bumper was/is a one off and was not a production part for sale. Thats why the only one there are pics of is the red nsx. Its also not listed on any of Socery's sites, so I dont think it could even be considered an option.

Here is the picture of the mold for the bumper. I was really suprised as to how well it came out. I've never made a mold of anything this big before. I just hope the final piece is as good.

DSCF0420sm.jpg

VRoooM said:
Here is the picture of the mold for the bumper. I was really suprised as to how well it came out. I've never made a mold of anything this big before. I just hope the final piece is as good.

DSCF0420sm.jpg

I will start the bidding...... $500 bucks :biggrin:

that is awesome Vrooom. did you use a chopper gun?

Do you have a picture of the tail light assembly?

No chop gun. 4 layers of 1.5 oz mat tore into small peices layed by hand. I think it's easier to get out the air bubbles. Then again, I don't have much experience using a chop gun. I guess I go with what I know.

Do you have any pics of yours yet Lito?

Jeff

pelletz said:
Do you have a picture of the tail light assembly?

Not yet. I did a few changes with the revel on the lights to the bezel itself. I hope to have that mold for the bezel done next week.

Jeff

VRoooM said:
No chop gun. 4 layers of 1.5 oz mat tore into small peices layed by hand. I think it's easier to get out the air bubbles. Then again, I don't have much experience using a chop gun. I guess I go with what I know.

Do you have any pics of yours yet Lito?

Jeff

yes, but mine is going sooooo slow...I will post here when I get home today.

Alright....You HAVE to have some more updates by now!! What's going on with her??

There are "fans" out here in internet land who want to know what is happening with your car!! ;-)

Attachments

• FerrariWheels5.JPG
    FerrariWheels5.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 1,840
Back