• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project: Widebody - 02 Conversion

Just an update. My radiator guy called and said my new radiator shoud be done by the end of the week. Then I can finish the hood ducts.

I changed the back end of the roof scoop (from the pic above). It looked good on paper but not on the car. Decided to go with a more tapered transition.

Just need to get the rear bumper and tail light garnish (master forms) finished out with some Duratec and some light sanding and I'll put them on the car to take some new pictures. I still need to make the molds etc. but this will show the pieces in "finish form" on the car. I hope to have the master forms done by this weekend.

Jeff

Stick-e-rice said:
Wow that rear valence is crazy. I wish you were in CA:frown:

Definitely going to you for my conversion.

Your choice of parts is truly tasteful, I have Titen's NSX as my wallpaper now, but looks like it will be changed, when yours is finished, hehe.

Great job.

LOL :biggrin:

Just picked up the new radiator from the shop. It's a few pounds heavier but without having the spare tire etc. not a big deal. It's a copper/brass dual pass radiator. The guy at the radiator shop told me a copper core will dissipate heat up to 70% more than aluminum and the dual pass design should increase efficiency as well
DSCF0361sm.jpg

Here is a picture with it set in place in the car. You can see the new hose connection location on the drivers side that copies the passanger side (uses the same OEM hose). Seems to fit good...
DSCF0364sm.jpg

The cold weather here seems to be slowing down the cure time on the fiberglass/fillers. I hope to have more pictures of the bodywork soon.

Sorry for the laps in updates. Been busy trying to get the mock up pieces as good as I can. Here are some pictures of the final mock up parts in primer before starting on the molds.

DSCF0394sm.jpg

DSCF0398sm.jpg

DSCF0400sm.jpg

DSCF0401sm.jpg

I hope to have the molds made and the final parts on the car in 2 weeks.

Simply Incredible! Your car will have the nicest looking A$$ on an NSX I have seen. Cannot wait to see the finished product. I am still hoping you will sell the molds. :smile:

PM me too!

OMG Damn Jeff!
Thats hot!!
Just like Soundsoul said I want the rear end!

as always looking forward to the finished car and good luck for the rest of the project.

For the exhaust, you are going to have to do something custom to further show off that rear end like that.

I have a Sorcery center exit exhaust from Japan and a friend of mine is c&c'ing a center tip to fill in the center opening. Kind of like the Koenigsegg

techdata_ccr_back.jpg

The outer openings will be open (except for maybe a screen).

O>>M>>>G.....
SSsshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!.........
((I'm praying vroom will sell these))...........amen....

uh uhmmm.. Hey Vroom nice job.. you can sell these if you want... just let us know. I dont think it matters to any one either way you go....

To be honest I really don't know. It's been a strugle getting the time just to get this far. My first thought would be to say no. For a few reasons. You would need the exact set up of body parts (Sorcery Wide body, Downforce diffusor, Lights etc). and have to cut up each to modify them to work. Also, my idea was to make something no one else had. It's a moral delema. Still up in the air.

VRoooM said:
Also, my idea was to make something no one else had. It's a moral delema. Still up in the air.

I say you keep it to yourself.

Infact, I would try and copyright / protect the design because you know once the companies see it they are going to be tryin to crank out repilcas to sell if you don't.

Just think how you would feel if in a year and a half, you drive down the street and run into another NSX that looks almost exactly like yours. I know i'd be pissed... just somethin to think about...

I know ...
Make money ... be unique .... make money.... be unique ...

I personally would be hacking on this rear to make it fit a comptech widebody.
I'm pretty good with fiber glass (I put 2000 celica head lights in a 1974 260 Z) but I know nothing of molds. In other words ...I need your head start.
but no pressure ...
If it were me .....lol....... I am vain and greedy .The Idea that I could go down in NSX history as having the sickest kit and having my creations slapped on people's cars around the country and high-lighted in magazines....

I would start engraving my name in the bumper and stamping that crap out like I was the next Chip Foose.

Shorter bumper I like. The boot under wing looks awesome. Kinda remind me of the Do-Luck under wing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

DSCF0401sm.jpg

Knukle Head said:
I am vain and greedy .The Idea that I could go down in NSX history as having the sickest kit and having my creations slapped on people's cars around the country and high-lighted in magazines....

I would start engraving my name in the bumper and stamping that crap out like I was the next Chip Foose.

I agree :biggrin:

VRoooM said:
To be honest I really don't know. It's been a strugle getting the time just to get this far. My first thought would be to say no. For a few reasons. You would need the exact set up of body parts (Sorcery Wide body, Downforce diffusor, Lights etc). and have to cut up each to modify them to work. Also, my idea was to make something no one else had. It's a moral delema. Still up in the air.

hey Vrooom,

or you can create Vrooom designs LLC, sell the bumper light kit, put your label on it, then you have a business, means your NSX and all other parts you buy (CTSC, :smile: wheels, I,H,E..and more mods.$$$$$...custom inter..new head unit, speakers..all labor work.) and write if off has business expens ???...and all trips for NSX, meets, NSXPO 06, 07.....write off showing your product...:rolleyes:

kinda feeding your crack-Mod addiction you have and will have :biggrin:

just a thought.......keep up the awesome work :wink:

whatcha think?
LitoG

Just recieved a few boxes of new parts.

Here is the Sorcery exhaust and the type S sway bar fresh from Japan
DSCF0410sm.jpg

There is quite a bit of diference between the US OEM (top) and the JDM Type S (bottom)
DSCF0413sm.jpg

I also recieved my new coolant tank from Dali to match my valve covers and intake cover currently at the powdercoat shop.
DSCF0391sm.jpg

Lito, I'm a graphic designer / web developer and work from home. My NSX is my "company car" :wink:

Vrooom, your set, so when you ordering your CTSC or Turbos, cheers!!

that Sorcery exhaust with the shorter tubings looks light and like it will sound awesome mean. let us know how it sounds

litoG said:
Vrooom, your set, so when you ordering your CTSC or Turbos, cheers!!

that Sorcery exhaust with the shorter tubings looks light and like it will sound awesome mean. let us know how it sounds

My NSX has the Anytime race exhaust, and is very loud, and I think Jeff's might just out do mine! :eek:

Jeff, the neighbors are going to love us. :wink:

RP-Motorsports said:
My NSX has the Anytime race exhaust, and is very loud, and I think Jeff's might just out do mine! :eek:

Jeff, the neighbors are going to love us. :wink:

I was trying to be nice:wink: , and I think you are right...it will be loud. the exhaust canister looks don't have much fiberglass muffle packing to absorb sound, looks more like a straight through tubing for performance. :biggrin:

VERY nice! :eek: ..and that rear looks very Ferrari F430-ish.

You should complete the look with the Sorcery SA/03 front bumper. :cool:

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,391
Back