• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prometheus (possible spoilers)

Well, just to state the obvious its a pure science fiction movie than a love story:rolleyes:

Going to check it out again tonight. I'll have something educated to say when i return!!:smile: Im puzzled as to why vickers in home surgery unit was for men, they that chick jump in and had a c-section? Plus vickers was not a man?

Is that "all" you want to know? Kind of missing the point of watching this movie :confused::rolleyes:

Well, just to state the obvious its a pure science fiction movie than a love story:rolleyes:

After your posts about how to value the NSX, your fascination with black goo and inquiries as to whether or not it is related to black goo in the X-files and on the SyFy splash screen, I shouldn't really even need to respond to this, but I'm going to do so anyways since you seem to love that eye rolling emoticon.

It was a joke.

You realize that by trying to condescend on other members, you only made yourself look/sound stupid.

Going to check it out again tonight. I'll have something educated to say when i return!!:smile: Im puzzled as to why vickers in home surgery unit was for men, they that chick jump in and had a c-section? Plus vickers was not a man?

I think the unit was never intended for Vickers. Her very elderly
father was on the ship and the head of the corporation funding the trip
was the intended user.

I also do not think Vickers was an android as speculated. She was in those stasis units and there would be no value to have her do so if she was not
human.

I realized what you said after I saw it again. Trying to understand the black goo, seemed to be a dna mutating agent. Can't figure out the room the last engineer was in. did something mutate and turn him bad while in that chamber?

If I had to speculate I think like any society there are good and bad as well
as applications used for the same think nuclear energy or a bomb. I believe the film was showing how the same product could be used for good or bad depending upon who was using it and what they intended to do.

Well put mr allen. Heres another theory, did the snake like alien, that killed the first guy by going in his month, come from the worms in the dirt? I was thinking the worms got inside the room, and got in the goo, when david opened the door.

Well put mr allen. Heres another theory, did the snake like alien, that killed the first guy by going in his month, come from the worms in the dirt? I was thinking the worms got inside the room, and got in the goo, when david opened the door.

I do not know whether the worms were already present in the room prior to David opening the door. However, once the door was opened it allowed the goo to begin dripping over the edge of the containers and on to the ground.
I would think the worms then morphed into the creatures that killed the crewmen. I believe Ridley is showing us the audience the genisis of the Alien creature. If this is a Genisis story for humans it is also one for the Alien creature as well.

Last edited:
I saw the movie again last night, and it was still entertaining. I picked up on a lot of little details I missed (or didn't appreciate) the first time around. I plan on buying the Bluray once it is released. Can't wait for the sequel!

I do not know whether the worms were already present in the room prior to David opening the door. However, once the door was opened it allowed the goo to begin dripping over the edge of the containers and on to the ground.
I would think the worms then morphed into the creatures that killed the crewmen. I believe Ridley is showing us the audience the genisis of the Alien creature. If this is a Genisis story for humans it is also one for the Alien creature as well.

What's puzzling is that there was an alien, carved on the door of that room. it was not extremely detailed but you could tell. I need to see it again!:D

saw the movie yesterday and just sat down and read through this enjoyable thread - some good comments.

Oddly though, I am surprised that no one has complained about the casting/writing for Holloway & Shaw. He struck me more as a motorcross racer than a radical scientist. I would have gone for more of a professor role and Shaw could have used a little more geeking up as well - more of the nerdy, but hot young grad student trailing behind the egotistical over-age professor who gets to nail this hot women who is 25 years younger than he is because she is dazzled by his staggering insight. Instead we got rippling abs and a rock star gung-ho attitude. Just didn't sit right. The Daniel Jackson character from Stargate was a much better fit IMO.

Add in the dopey crew who appeared to have been pulled from the unemployment line for a trillion dollar, most significant mission in mankind piloted by Mr. SuperWealthy and I have to wonder just *who* did the casting and character creation!

Other than that and the feeling that a lot of good stuff hit the cutting room floor and a lot of bad stuff didn't - the movie was pretty cool. More frustrating in the sense in what it *could* have been than disappointment in what it really was.

lol ok just 1 year late to the party.....just watched! I'm a scifi fan but not crazy into all the online stuff.I've read some of the links provided in this thread.My only lingering questions center around why the humanoid species(engineer) were running away from something 2000 years ago in thier underground hanger/bivwack/goo storage facility.I have a hard time believing that they could not control the aliens/worms/serpents ect when they obviously controlled the fluid.And why did the fluid ooze from the jugs in the human head room and not in the cargo hold where there were 1000's.I also don't like prequels done after the fact.It was kinda like a shotgun script,some pellets hit the target while others missed.

I plan on watching it again. Watched it opening night. Very hard to keep up. Usually the 2nd go around I pickup on a few things. Complicated movie IMO.

I think a female engineer would be so hot. Probably wouldn't fit in a nsx though. Ok, maybe a targa version but it wouldn't look right.

Back