• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

No prob! THe AEM FPR is AEM Part# 25-303BK

I think it might be confusing but for the OBDII once a tuned is completed we will be offering the Injector kit and AEM FIC with our tune.

Yes, It is $425 for 6 New RDX injectors and install kit plus $349 for the ECU ROM service which includes us reprogramming it and sending it back to you.

So, it would be a package (injectors, pre-programmed FIC) as a plug and play for us 3.2L ODB2 owners?? If so, that would be excellent!

So, it would be a package (injectors, pre-programmed FIC) as a plug and play for us 3.2L ODB2 owners?? If so, that would be excellent!

yup this sounds like a great plan.

Yes, thats the plan... to offer a pre programmed FIC that is ready to go... best part about it is that if you want to fine tune it any AEM tuner can dial it in for you. =)

Brian, do you have a local 3.2 lined up to work with or do you still need one?

For those of you who has this mod:

Would you suggest I get the tuned chip for RDX injectors, or?

Would you suggest I get the a custom tune from Prospeed which is about 1 to 2 hours of dyno time?

My car currently:

92 60k miles
- CT Headers
- Testpipe
- GTLW
- Downforce Mugen Style Intake w/ scoop
- Prospeed Stage 3 chip.

I am just afraid if I get the tuned chip, I will be running too lean.

Thanks,
Hugo

Just get the chip, talk to Brian as I believe there is a discount since you already have their chip.

For those of you who has this mod:

Would you suggest I get the tuned chip for RDX injectors, or?

Would you suggest I get the a custom tune from Prospeed which is about 1 to 2 hours of dyno time?

My car currently:

92 60k miles
- CT Headers
- Testpipe
- GTLW
- Downforce Mugen Style Intake w/ scoop
- Prospeed Stage 3 chip.

I am just afraid if I get the tuned chip, I will be running too lean.

Thanks,
Hugo

Just get the chip, talk to Brian as I believe there is a discount since you already have their chip.
+1

Hugo,
No need for a custom tune. Your mod list is similar to mine except I have hiflow cats not test pipe.
You won't be running lean. the a/f for the RDX mod is much more ideal than the Stage 3 chip which was limited due to the oem injector and my was still running hi in NOx.

Git 'er Done......better hp/tork and mileage you can feel.

Last edited:
Yes, thats the plan... to offer a pre programmed FIC that is ready to go... best part about it is that if you want to fine tune it any AEM tuner can dial it in for you. =)

I'm first in line. :)

Thank you Tim, and Others.

I am thinking to DIY this.

I found this DIY http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/injector/injector.htm and going to get a copy of the owner's Manual for this injectors installation.

Anyone has done the DIY and anything worth mentioning to watch out for.

It seems pretty straight forward as to:

- Un-plug battery,
- Remove Intake Manifold Cover
- Disconnect Injectors plugs
- Disconnect Vacuum hose
- Disconnect Fuel Hose
- Remove Fuel Rails (2 nuts per rails, re-torq to 9lb)
- Replace all rings and washers, in this case, RDX installation kit will include these
- Reinstall everything (Torque Fuel hose to 16lb)
- Check for leakage by exercising fuel pump before starting.
- Tada!

Hugo

I have I/H/E and high flow cats (random technology)
should I order the SPEC 2 or 3?

I ordered a set earlier this week and waiting for it to be shipped!
Looking forward to have this installed to replace my old 240cc OEM injectors.

In my case I just need the ROM and the install kit, because my ECU has ZIF installed.

Is it me or is communicating with this company difficult.

First tried to email them 10 days ago... eventually 2 adresses came back as undeliverable. Then an email to the gmail account... nothing. Then a PM and after 4 days that was answered. I replied within 2 hours but that was last thursday and last sunday I received an email through the gmail account if I had seen his one pm wich I already replied to. I replied again and till now no answer.

Am I being too much in a hurry and should I just except several days in between replies if I get answered at all or what can I do to improve communication?

I mean c'mon I am ready to order but had one last question.... shoudl that take up to 10 days? :confused:

Last edited:
I did reply to you twice including a pic that you requested. Not sure why you didn't receive it. The best way to contact me is through pm here or email... I usually respond back within 24hrs... Send me your email again and I'll send you a response. Thanks.

I'm about to install mine and was a little confused as to what the "phenolic spacers" on the manifold were.
I received my answer from Prospeed and thought I'd leave it up for reference in case anyone else was confused too.

1.) The OEM fuel rail spacers are not to be used anymore.
(I snipped the hooks off the RDX injectors so the aluminum adaptor hats can bottom out on the injector if it matters. By the way I recommend using wire cutter dikes instead of a razor blade, it's much easier)
Answer-Yes, do not use the OEM fuel rail spacers.

2.) The OEM hard plastic spacer rings located underneath the OEM rubber seat/seals where the injectors mate up to the manifold are not to be used anymore.
Answer- Yes, do not use these OEM hard plastic spacer rings located underneath the OEM rubber seat/seals.

Last edited:
Brian,

Is the obdii tune for 3.0L cars available yet? On the FIC that is-

Hey Brian,
Is there a specific reason you chose to have the phenolic spacers left out when installing the RDX injectors?

Just wondering if any testing was done that shows benefits from the RDX injector nozzle positioned lower in the manifold than the original NSX injector. I'm guessing that maybe the spray pattern of the RDX injector fans out wider sooner than the NSX's. Is this why, or is there another reason?

Hey Brian,
Is there a specific reason you chose to have the phenolic spacers left out when installing the RDX injectors?

Just wondering if any testing was done that shows benefits from the RDX injector nozzle positioned lower in the manifold than the original NSX injector. I'm guessing that maybe the spray pattern of the RDX injector fans out wider sooner than the NSX's. Is this why, or is there another reason?
It's probably due to size. The RDX injectors are probably taller. Can you confirm for us?

In all cases it would be beneficial to use those phenolic spacers if they fit.

Back