• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pulling EPS fuse - Risky?

Hey,

So I'm back living in the US and finally getting the chance to enjoy my NSX. Had all the seals and gaskets replaced at Hillside Auto in Daly City along with a timing belt job and the oil leak I was experiencing on my last visit to the US has been solved and the car is running beautifully.

The only other issue with the car is a "creak" in the power steering unit when making a left turn at low speeds. I'm going to have it rebuilt, but that takes time during which the car is pretty much bricked. As i'm on a bit of an extended vacation I want to wait until I start work again.

I'm curious to try pulling the fuse and seeing what manual steering is like. Another option would be to replace the rack with a manual one...don't think I'll go that route but I'd like to check it out. Is there any risk to the electrical system in pulling the EPS fuse? Don't want to do any long-term damage to my car, just want to try it out.

Any special tools needed to pull the fuse?

Thanks!

Back