• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Quick Question about Gas Cap

Hello everyone,

I just got my car back from the paint place and something just doesn't look right when I open my gas tank. I don't remember how it looked like before when I dropped it off but do your cars have a shiny washer on the screws holding the flap? Or was it painted over?

Thanks.

gastank.jpg

Maybe the paint place put new washers on?

I agree with Sarge -- no big deal on this one, if the cover closes properly.

Thanks guys.

It looks like they changed the washer and also put another washer on the black plastic part.

That's the thing though. It's scraping on one of the edges. I guess I'll figure it out tonight. Didn't have time to tinker with it last night.

Thanks guys.

It looks like they changed the washer and also put another washer on the black plastic part.

That's the thing though. It's scraping on one of the edges. I guess I'll figure it out tonight. Didn't have time to tinker with it last night.

If it's scraping, loosen both screws slightly and move the door until it's centered, mine was off a little too, the screws weren't very tight. (glad you started this thread or I wouldn't have known that the screws weren't tight.)

Fixed the alignment problem but I'll be needing thinner washers to make the cover flush with the fenders.

If it's scraping, loosen both screws slightly and move the door until it's centered, mine was off a little too, the screws weren't very tight. (glad you started this thread or I wouldn't have known that the screws weren't tight.)

Back