• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R.I.P Len3.8

On this very sad anniversary, my words from a decade ago bear repeating as we have so many new members of our family. If you ride a motorcycle, please please please follow my advice.

I know Len and Ayrton are hanging out together, just shaking their heads the Gen, 2. Godspeed Len!

I am truly shocked and saddened. Len was one of my Sunday night chat buddies and we spent hours yakking it up and having fun online. I will deeply miss him. My condolences go out to his family. I can't begin to imagine your pain but my prayers are with you.

Jimbo brought up a very good point....

The dreaded "left hand turn" of another vehicle in front of a bike is an all too common occurence. Hopefully my advice will help the other members of Prime who ride motorcycles. INSTALL A HEADLIGHT MODULATOR. These relatively inexpensive devices flash your high beam like a strobe during daylight hours increasing the visibility of your bike 300% to 500%. The human eye is naturally drawn to movement and they DO make a HUGE difference. Whenever I get a new bike this is the first mod that goes on, and it goes on immediately along with a brake light modulator. I also use a brake light modulator that flashes the LED brake light bar on the wing of my NSX. A simple Google search will point you in the right direction. Losing Len was a tragedy. PLEASE keep yourselves safe out there.

Godspeed Len, I know you're keeping an eye on us from up above.

A VERY sad Hugh.

Like many other Primer's who have left us way too soon, Len was truly a gentleman. I hope his family is doing well and I can't believe it's been 10 years since his death.

RIP Len.

nice guys ...gone but not forgotten.....

Even more often than I think of Len I think of his daughter, and her bitter words at the funeral. I had no doubt at the time that they were actually the thoughts of someone close to her rather than truly her own because I can't imagine Len having raised her that way, and they were all the more striking in view of the rainbow of mourners who attended. It is unlikely that the little church has ever seen a more diverse and colorblind crowd than the one which jammed it that day, a testament to the kind of person Len was.

I sincerely hope that his family is well, and I especially hope that over the years his daughter has come to understand that the tragedy of Len's death may have been the result of criminal carelessness, but it was an accident which had nothing to do with race. My heart aches every time I think of Len's daughter growing up hating white people for the death of her father. It is surely not the legacy he would have wanted.

Back