• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

raced a 360 challenge today

cool guy BTW
it was black 360 and i didn't even notice it until he reved it. (sounded sweet)

anyway i ended up getting behind him at the next light and the light turned green with him in pole position.

He then got on it and soon as he realized i got on it too, he then gased it again with me behind i shifted to 2nd and was next to him and soon as i got into 3rd and hit vtec i was about 3-4 cars ahead of him and then i let off because of the speed we was going.

At the next light he said he was impressed and had no problem say i was faster but even with my exhaust and headers i think the 360 sounded better........

[This message has been edited by smoore (edited 20 September 2002).]

You beat a 360 challenge? Is your car blown?

360 challenge cars aren't street legal. It might have been just a regular one with the challenge grills, and yeah is your car blown?

it had a trasporter tag on it (oranage here in Florida) so i'm assuming he's a dealer or that he can drive it on the street with that tag

my car has nitrous on it. plus I/H/E, no cats, and is now very light :)

Not bad smoore, not bad. But it probably was just a regular 360 which I think is the same as the challenge except for the suspension/brake set up--although the challenge is alot lighter. Don't like the way the 360 sounds though (it's nice) but just not as good as a 355.

Smoore - what are your mods and RWHP?

A stock NSX could not beat a 360 Modena - and even a Supercharged one would have a tough time if the 360 driver knew how to drive...

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

Originally posted by David Allen:
Smoore - what are your mods and RWHP?

he said his mods were "my car has nitrous on it. plus I/H/E, no cats, and is now very light"

RWHP should be pretty close to 360 i would think.

Yeah, but nitrous believe me if you run anything 75 or bigger in an NSX is like an avalanche, no lag, no hestation, just boom, all that horse are going straight for the rear wheel, no lost hp, no problem putting 75-100 hp down to the ground, in other word no excuse. I got a demonstration last night. If you are running nitrous, you will have no problem putting the heat on 360, Z06, 996T, and Viper. Just remember to fill that bottle and show them your rear end.

And think of it this way. You guys alway hear about the supercharge and turbo, but how many have run against an NSX with nitrous in it. The NSX are no doubt slower than the other high end sport car out there, but a nitrous bottle will fix all that and your ego, just don't go overboard and blow up the engine.

Originally posted by Deqle:
Yeah, but nitrous believe me if you run anything 75 or bigger in an NSX is like an avalanche, no lag, no hestation, just boom, all that horse are going straight for the rear wheel, no lost hp, no problem putting 75-100 hp down to the ground, in other word no excuse. I got a demonstration last night. If you are running nitrous, you will have no problem putting the heat on 360, Z06, 996T, and Viper. Just remember to fill that bottle and show them your rear end.

indeed i also have beat 2 gts vipers one 99 and a 2001 and a couple of zo6 vettes but don't like to post that stuff hear as alot of you don't like to hear about it
but i thought a 360 was alittle more tasteful...

Originally posted by kgb_agent:
Even so, the 360 has 400hp stock...

Right but that's a hp rating at the crank, not at the wheels. My guess would be that if smoores nsx is 360 rwhp the modena's whp is probably close to that number. And the two cars' weight is almost identical except that smoore's car is further lightened, or so he says
smile.gif
I doubt it was a challenge car though because those things weigh only 2,574 lbs.

Originally posted by NSX36:
Right but that's a hp rating at the crank, not at the wheels. My guess would be that if smoores nsx is 360 rwhp the modena's whp is probably close to that number. And the two cars' weight is almost identical except that smoore's car is further lightened, or so he says
smile.gif
I doubt it was a challenge car though because those things weigh only 2,574 lbs.
I take your word on the other cars weight,but let me tell you stu's car is anerexic (mis-spelled)guy is a freak about weight savings so when he says its light.he means its gutted(tastefully)..and probably missing a seat.and his nos set up is tight.his car is very fast and he has alot of experience driving it that way(course ive never seen him not driving his car or a blonde or both
wink.gif
.I beleive him.ive been tweaking my car and we are gonna dance some time soon..right stu? btw you out tommorrow night? if no rain im up for some fun.although dude..the cops have been all over me lately.better watch your ass.some new crackdown.I made that dumb remark to all 6 of the pinellas sheriffs and 3 clearwater cops about the hesse station donut party.and I was in my suv with linz.they laughed and then all at once said your the guy with the blk NSX right?im like what makes you think I own one of those.and they busted out with the evil henchmen bruhaha.been pulled over twice since then for get this..one mile over the speed limit.and exhaust noise.harrasement I say.catch you 'where its safe'
david

Originally posted by smoore:
indeed i also have beat 2 gts vipers one 99 and a 2001 and a couple of zo6 vettes but don't like to post that stuff hear as alot of you don't like to hear about it

So you're saying kill stories are acceptable if you're beating a "classy foreign sports car" but not against a "high-powered American sports car". That's funny.
laugh.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
So you're saying kill stories are acceptable if you're beating a "classy foreign sports car" but not against a "high-powered American sports car". That's funny.
laugh.gif

kinda in a way i guess but most people never get to race a 360 but i'm sure many have raced zo6 vettes vipers etc. and it would be old new to most

Dave when ever you're ready, also my brother just bought a white 98'lotus v8tt that thing is sweet

cool guy BTW
it was black 360 and i didn't even notice it until he reved it. (sounded sweet)

anyway i ended up getting behind him at the next light and the light turned green with him in pole position.

He then got on it and soon as he realized i got on it too, he then gased it again with me behind i shifted to 2nd and was next to him and soon as i got into 3rd and hit vtec i was about 3-4 cars ahead of him and then i let off because of the speed we was going.

At the next light he said he was impressed and had no problem say i was faster but even with my exhaust and headers i think the 360 sounded better........

[This message has been edited by smoore (edited 20 September 2002).]

THANKS FOR MAKING US LOOK GOOD. TASTEFULLY DONE.

Tan

kinda in a way i guess but most people never get to race a 360 but i'm sure many have raced zo6 vettes vipers etc. and it would be old new to most

Dave when ever you're ready, also my brother just bought a white 98'lotus v8tt that thing is sweet

Andrew got a lotus.cool when is he gonna floss it.next outing?

Most of us here like reading kill stories, as long as they are tastefully done. So post away -- those that don't want to read don't have to.

Back