• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ray05NSX and me at Mid Ohio

Nice run session, Ray! Thanks for the ride. Dang Vipers, anyway..... no replacement for displacement (???). Was that an Audi TT convertible, black, that passed you?

i was thethat friday with my car do the lapping program and this guy in his porsche wondering y i was pulling hard on him on the back straight lol

It was a fun weekend, but my first at Mid Ohio with my NSX, and it showed. Fortunately Jim was my instructor, (as I'm in "C" group), giving me pointers that helped greatly with the line....the speed will come, and we had a good final run Sunday before lunch. This was a fast group of people, (not a lot of stock cars running like mine) as you can see by the number that passed me...check out Jim's link below mine, and you can see him in action also! Jim drove my car on one of our runs, which really helps, and I also got to drive his, which really out handles mine! We will post some pictures once back from the photographer at the track!

Not sure what was more fun, running on the track, or both our NSX's going down I-71 (at the speed limit, of course!) heading home? :smile:

I was working. Hope to be at an event in October.

How was that Viper in the C-class? He was flying through the track.

There were actually two vipers running in 'C' class...with only passing allowed on the left, and on the front & back straights and Thunder Valley, so it's hard to keep your momentum if you aren't the fastest car....you slow down to allow the faster cars to pass you, and many times you are off line, and it's hard to get back to speed, before the next group are on you, which is why you saw so many passes:wink:. Remember the classes are based on your driving experience, not your car. Friday night, I drove in the Mid Ohio solo test & tune event, and there were about twenty cars, from a Porsche GT2, lots of GT3's, vettes etc.....they allowed passing on either side, and the pace seemed faster than the weekend.

This was only my third time running at Mid Ohio, and the first with my NSX, and with stock brakes and tires, it can be a challenge. I've run twice at Putnam, once with my NSX, and the two cars were more comparable there. At Mid Ohio, my C4S seems to perform better than my NSX, and again, both have a stock set-up.

Remember the classes are based on your driving experience, not your car. Friday night, I drove in the Mid Ohio solo test & tune event, and there were about twenty cars, from a Porsche GT2, lots of GT3's, vettes etc.....they allowed passing on either side, and the pace seemed faster than the weekend.

I know, but that viper seemed like he was moving flawlessly through the corners. Either way, it looked like a blast to be out there. Thanks for getting the video footage.

Ray driving my car

attachment.php

Me driving Ray's car...

attachment.php

Back